IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

12 hours ago, Peter_T said:

To come back to missing CD's : Last year I found in Qobuz 3 albums of pianist Imogen Cooper titled: "Schubert Live Volume 1, 2 and 3". All 3 BBC recordings. I can still find them in my Roon library, but now all the albums are marked "not available". I looked on the Qobuz website and found that they are no longer listed under Imogen Cooper's discography. Why are these CD's deleted?

It would be nice if Qobuz could give some notification of these deletions to its users. 

Hi,

I don't know for these album but maybe the label/supplier change and we do not have a deal with the new one. Or this albums are just remove from the catalogue. We do not decide to remove an album it is the choice of the supplier.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Hello,

It seems that Qobuz via chromecast does not yet support gapless album play? Or is that the responsibility of the playback device (in my case a Sony HT-A7000)? I think gapless play is really important for a lot of listeners. It hurts the listening experience a lot when the music every time is abruptly interrupted.

I've searched this thread - the last time this topic seems to have come up was in 2018 (cf. link below) and at that time Roon was already able to do it. So I strongly hope this soon becomes possible for Qobuz too! Or that it's already possible in some way.

Thanks for your feedback.

Best regards,

Johan

Mmmmmm, it seems that even without chromecast (just via laptop speakers) Qobuz isn't playing gapless music. I thought this worked before though? Has something changed? I'm using the Windows app, version 6.0.5-b036.

I retried after setting buffer sizes (initially 0s, then 1s and 5s) but that doesn't seem to help.

Example albums:

https://open.qobuz.com/album/ybzbebxs1rqlb

- https://open.qobuz.com/album/ub6245jkpa3fc

https://open.qobuz.com/album/0884977213669

Best regards,

Johan

I have a rather unique issue to report.  The following Pre-release has been present under the Classical category since introduction of the category specific breakdown went live.  As a preemptive move I'm suggesting the humor it will be received with on this site is not likely to convey itself across the wider audience of Classical subscribers.  There are a few others on this list which pose no issue.  B| 

Link to album presale on US store.   

q3plw9w3leahb_600.jpg.9dc67128609ca6ce5c6da796307493c1.jpg

This is more of an abstraction following my previous post.   

1.  Release date of New Years Day 2029.  Full album is available for streaming or purchase.  Purchase button is greyed out using Windows app but allows album to be placed in cart on the store site.  "Various Artists + Sort by release date (new)" is how I discovered what might be internally interesting or not at all.  

Same search, shows up under "Other" instead of "Album"  Release date of March 22, 2045.  Same deal - plays and allows purchase.  

2.  Logging into US-EN store shifts you into the French language atmosphere including the Captcha.  Potentially an issue for some.

I can't tell if this is an issue or a "feature" ...  (I've only been with Qobuz for a few months; I'm still learning...!)

For this particular new release, the first 13 (of 23) tracks are grayed-out on the page (I'm in Qobuz application on Mac OSX), and when playing, only 30 seconds of each track will play, and limited to 320kbps MP3 resolution.

Tracks 14-23 play in full length, and at 44.1/24 resolution as well.  It's just the first 13 tracks that are affected.

https://open.qobuz.com/album/hhti3c9n8nosc

If this is an error, please fix.  :-)

If this is as intended, I recommend a new feature that makes it very clear, even via the thumbnail of the release, that it's a limited "30 second preview."  I like to browse the new releases thumbnails and favorite albums that look interesting, then play them hours or days later.  It's jarring to queue an album with 30-second limited tracks and have music cut off abruptly.  If I had known, I would never have tried to listen to it.

Thanks,

Craig.

image.thumb.png.d5864b1948e10523222db33f949027f6.png

25 minutes ago, hotrats said:

I can't tell if this is an issue or a "feature" ...  (I've only been with Qobuz for a few months; I'm still learning...!)

For this particular new release, the first 13 (of 23) tracks are grayed-out on the page (I'm in Qobuz application on Mac OSX), and when playing, only 30 seconds of each track will play, and limited to 320kbps MP3 resolution.

Tracks 14-23 play in full length, and at 44.1/24 resolution as well.  It's just the first 13 tracks that are affected.

https://open.qobuz.com/album/hhti3c9n8nosc

If this is an error, please fix.  :-)

If this is as intended, I recommend a new feature that makes it very clear, even via the thumbnail of the release, that it's a limited "30 second preview."  I like to browse the new releases thumbnails and favorite albums that look interesting, then play them hours or days later.  It's jarring to queue an album with 30-second limited tracks and have music cut off abruptly.  If I had known, I would never have tried to listen to it.

Thanks,

Craig.

image.thumb.png.d5864b1948e10523222db33f949027f6.png

That means those songs are not able to be streamed, you can only purchase them.

No electron left behind.

18 hours ago, johey said:

Hello,

It seems that Qobuz via chromecast does not yet support gapless album play? Or is that the responsibility of the playback device (in my case a Sony HT-A7000)? I think gapless play is really important for a lot of listeners. It hurts the listening experience a lot when the music every time is abruptly interrupted.

I've searched this thread - the last time this topic seems to have come up was in 2018 (cf. link below) and at that time Roon was already able to do it. So I strongly hope this soon becomes possible for Qobuz too! Or that it's already possible in some way.

Thanks for your feedback.

Best regards,

Johan

Hi,

The chromecast device is not Gapless. It means that it is not able to launch two instances of player to chain from one to the other.

Actually for Qobuz this is how the gapless works so we can't do gapless on chromecast.

Regards

On 5/10/2022 at 11:09 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Sad to see this album isn't available anymore on Qobuz (at least in the US). 

Screen Shot 2022-05-10 at 10.08.07 AM.png

Snoop Dogg recently bought Death Row Records (this album is on that label), and removed all Death Row releases from streaming. There's some plan to make them available directly (to make more money) or release some stuff as NFTs. I will not be participating.

I hope this is the right place for this. I haven't had the best of luck reporting incorrect artist/title entries in the past...

When I looked for Steve Winwood's album "About Time" under Steve Winwood, it's not in his discography. Doing another search, this time for "Steve Winwood About Time," the album popped right up. It's listed under the "Country" genre.

So, the album needs to be placed into Steve Winwood's discography, and the genre changed from Country to Rock.

Thanks.

Why not just run it off your iPhone or iPad on my sons Tesla there are USB inputs and why not through CarPlay and WiFi Bluetooth? In my internal combustion vehicle Qobuz and. Tidal just play without any usb or rca connection OR am I misunderstanding you

10 minutes ago, bobbmd said:

Why not just run it off your iPhone or iPad on my sons Tesla there are USB inputs and why not through CarPlay and WiFi Bluetooth? In my internal combustion vehicle Qobuz and. Tidal just play without any usb or rca connection OR am I misunderstanding you

Tesla does not support CarPlay or Android Auto (officially). There are various streaming applications that are native to the car's OS and Qobuz is not one of them.

1 hour ago, John Hughes said:

Are there any plans for an Android TV app for Qobuz?  It's the missing link in my musical environment right now.  The Nvidia Shield is actually a pretty good sounding device for music. 

+1 on that.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

13 hours ago, John Hughes said:

Are there any plans for an Android TV app for Qobuz?  It's the missing link in my musical environment right now.  The Nvidia Shield is actually a pretty good sounding device for music. 

Sorry not plan yet but we will do it asap.

I see the Qobuz team has been hard at work behind the scenes! Kudos. As promised, we now have the same playback indicator with media controls (Windows desktop app) that other media apps use — the one on the top-left of the screen.

However, it's not completely functional. It doesn't pop up during track changes. The old Windows Notification indicator at the bottom-right of the screen still does the track change popup.

Consequently, it's possible to have both indicators on the screen at once — if you, for example, change volume after a track change (see screenshot).

1688028537_Qobuzscreenshot.thumb.jpg.79cc05829aab50f746ebf80b3e714b38.jpg

On 5/16/2022 at 9:13 PM, John Hughes said:

Not yet in the roadmap but it will come

On 5/24/2022 at 8:34 PM, Talisman said:

I see the Qobuz team has been hard at work behind the scenes! Kudos. As promised, we now have the same playback indicator with media controls (Windows desktop app) that other media apps use — the one on the top-left of the screen.

However, it's not completely functional. It doesn't pop up during track changes. The old Windows Notification indicator at the bottom-right of the screen still does the track change popup.

Consequently, it's possible to have both indicators on the screen at once — if you, for example, change volume after a track change (see screenshot).

1688028537_Qobuzscreenshot.thumb.jpg.79cc05829aab50f746ebf80b3e714b38.jpg

Hi,

This is not the same event. But I agree we need to clarify. The one on bottom right must be update or remove. The other one works only with volume change. I will contact Microsoft to get the best use case.

Regards

3 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

This is not the same event. But I agree we need to clarify. The one on bottom right must be update or remove. The other one works only with volume change. I will contact Microsoft to get the best use case.

Regards

You can make the unwanted notification go away (the one on the bottom right) by selecting its Settings and selecting "turn off notifications from..." That fixes the issue for me.