IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

8 minutes ago, Xendor- said:

There's nothing "intelligent" or "sophisticated" about a terrible search engine and artist page.

@David Craff Said they are rolling out a brand new artist page which would be tidied up nicely by release type (EP, album, etc). 

ETA was this month if I recall. We’re still waiting :) 

I do agree with you. The current state of the artist page layout is a mess. 

I had access to Qobuz over a year ago.  At that time I felt it was a little better than Tidal but not dramatic.  I signed up for my own Qobuz  account this weekend and now there is a night an day difference with Tidal.  I cancelled my Tidal subscription.  I was wondering if the change was Tidal getting worse, Qobuz getting better or my system improving to better differentiate what was a small difference.  I am using Qobuz with an Innuos Statement.

There is actually one feature that I really like with Qobuz, the ability to manually sort your playlist! :)

Is there any ETA for any of the following features?

- Lyrics

-Local files

-Song/Artist radio

- Something similar to Spotify Remote

- DPI scaling setting (similar to what Spotify simply calls "Zoom In/Out")

- Ability to manually edit Playlist cover image (should be fairly easy to implement)

Improvements to the 1 discovery feature would always be welcome as well, in addition to more discovery/daily/weekly mixes.

Any plans for a new "home page"?

Compared to Tidal/Spotify there's so many extra steps to get into your own music (for both the Andorid app and PC).

The first page of Qobuz is the discovery page, which isn't that much useful since it's only curated to your genres and not your own personalised suggestions. The Discovery page is really pretty and I dont wish for it to be removed, but maybe it isn't the best as the default page?

Tidal's home page is really great imo, there you got your recently played, personalised mixes etc. Would be awesome if Qobuz had something similar. Not saying that you should straight out copy it, but just saying that a home page with many different pathways would be preferable (at least in my opionon, maybe im alone)? :)

Qobuz default page is still better than Spotify tho, I hate how Spotify shoves their stupid podcast in my home feed ^^

home.PNG

I really love it when a company have this great communication with their core consumers, especially for a product/service that I'm very passionate about. I'll prob get an annual subscription next time my sub runs out now :)

If I may add some feedback for the Android app as well, obviously I'd like to see a new "home page" there as well, but also this:

Filter search should be way more accessible, maybe bring the search automatically when you do the scroll up gesture at the very top, Spotify used to have this, the forums went crazy when they removed it :)

Also is there really a need for the share/download buttons to be that accessible? There's plenty of others features that I'd rather have easy accesses to.

And maybe make the 3-dotted menu button a bit more accessible for one handed use? Maybe bring it down a bit when you do the scroll up gesture at the top of the playlist?

What do yo other guys think?

273978605_1079979129520472_4097382049959927401_n.png

3 hours ago, Xendor- said:

Also is there really a need for the share/download buttons to be that accessible? There's plenty of others features that I'd rather have easy accesses to.

273978605_1079979129520472_4097382049959927401_n.png

The Android Share feature is very useful to get 3rd party official Qobuz API supporting controller apps to receive the playlist. For example, the BubbleUPnP app can be configured to automatically get its currently controlled UPnP/DLNA streamer to start playing the received shared Qobuz playlist.

In fact, it would be very useful if the Qobuz Android app would go one step further by remembering the last selected app shared to by default (like the Chrome browser does), instead of having to keep reselecting it from the list of Android Share supporting apps.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

With apologies to those who make use of their time adding worthwhile contributions.

The list of demands readily being accrued here amounts to as near as possible copying what competitors have done in the past, removal of intelligent programming (curation, oblique discovery, depth of knowledge, immediately being confronted with catalog size), and making a complete shift away from any reasonable ability to maintain continuity across internal refinements factoring in a larger pool of adult interests.  To bring short sighted over simplifications into immediate effect.  

Starving lions and other bestial novelties in the coliseum disemboweling outcasts prone towards steadying erudite thoughts in order to appease those crying...

WickedJitteryGilamonster-size_restricted

Crüe fans are the best. %$*@ the rest!

16 minutes ago, Xendor- said:

Qobuz connect should make life much easier whenever you wanna stream your music to multiple devices :)

Indeed, Though, of course, that does not help those streamer devices that for whatever reason won't be able to support Qobuz Connect. In which case, it is important that the Qobuz API will still available to be used by approved third parties, as already confirmed by @David Craff, helped by features such as the Android Qobuz app's share function. 

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

On 1/18/2022 at 11:51 PM, bobbmd said:

What I find is that ROON takes MINUTES to load since its inception---now that is annoying--- and their so called 'support' always blames 'my system' if you have ROON it is slow for you and others with Windows?

Roon opens and works in a blink for me. Windows 11, Samsung 970 Evo SSD, 64GB RAM.

Sometimes I wonder if you guys have the same app as I do. When I open the Qobuz app, it opens to the page I was on previously. If I want my favorites, it is one click. If I want to go to the front page, that is also one click and displayed there are only the genres I selected. If there is any room for improvement, it's the artist pages where every single album even remotely related to the artist is thrown in the mix.  When that is improved, I hope that same improvement translates to other software that use the Qobuz APIs, specifically HQP when I do a search there.

No electron left behind.