IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

I love the latest update to the Windows desktop app (6.0.5-b035). The new artist pages are superb, with the discographies easier to browse and more relevant.

It may just be me, but the app also seems more stable. The previous version didn't come out of sleep very well and often had to be restarted on my computer.

Nicely done, Qobuz team!

On 3/23/2022 at 12:39 PM, perklit said:

The new listing of albums with correct year, and the year in the listing, that is sooo needed. Excellent!

I'm hoping the Android Auto bug is solved now, so that it actually works now...

Per.

I can confirm that Android Auto works for me again after the new release.

Great job.

• 3 weeks later...

David Craff, here is a problem I ran into yesterday while using the Qobuz app.

I saw an album I wanted to listen to in the Album of the Evening thread, so I went to Qobuz to see if it was available there. The album was Charles Mingus Presents Charles Mingus (Remastered) Naturally, I typed Charles Mingus into the search bar, and then selected his artist page. I did not see the album so I then clicked See Discography to search there and still did not see the album. I came back here to ask where the album could be found, and was told Qobuz...

Eventually, I found the album by going to the new releases page.

No electron left behind.

38 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

David Craff, here is a problem I ran into yesterday while using the Qobuz app.

I saw an album I wanted to listen to in the Album of the Evening thread, so I went to Qobuz to see if it was available there. The album was Charles Mingus Presents Charles Mingus (Remastered) Naturally, I typed Charles Mingus into the search bar, and then selected his artist page. I did not see the album so I then clicked See Discography to search there and still did not see the album. I came back here to ask where the album could be found, and was told Qobuz...

Eventually, I found the album by going to the new releases page.

I tested this and found the same issue. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

You can find the album in the artist page but for the moment this album is in the "other" section. This means this is not yet identify as an official content for this artist. I will check this and make a change if this is an official album. After that the album will be move in other section like album, EP, live according to his release type.

Regards

PS : Change will be done, this is an official content. Need to wait a little bit for the supply chain to update all artist since we launch this new artist page.

You guys are terrific. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

The top album here, has the little pdf booklet symbol, but no booklet to read. 

3048618B-0852-4C83-90A7-623C572936F5.png

B716C368-FB23-420A-8094-36AF57A876AB.png

Hi, Yes the supplier don't give us the booklet. The supply team ask them to get it. 

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

23 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi, Yes the supplier don't give us the booklet. The supply team ask them to get it. 

Regards

Sorry but the supplier answer us there is no booklet for this release. This is a mistake on our side.

Regards

On 2/21/2022 at 4:51 PM, Xendor- said:

[ . . . ]

Is there any ETA for any of the following features?

- Lyrics

-Local files

-Song/Artist radio

- Something similar to Spotify Remote

- DPI scaling setting (similar to what Spotify simply calls "Zoom In/Out")

- Ability to manually edit Playlist cover image (should be fairly easy to implement)

Improvements to the 1 discovery feature would always be welcome as well, in addition to more discovery/daily/weekly mixes.

On 2/22/2022 at 2:58 AM, David Craff said:

Yes, the new artist page will arrive. We will enter the last phase of testing and hope it will be good for a release.

On 2/22/2022 at 3:04 AM, David Craff said:

- Lyrics = In progress

- Local files = not plan yet

- Song/Artist radio = study

- Something similar to Spotify Remote = Qobuz Connect in progress

- DPI scaling setting (similar to what Spotify simply calls "Zoom In/Out") = not plan yet

- Ability to manually edit Playlist cover image (should be fairly easy to implement) = not plan yet

SUGGESTION:
@David Craff Reading this made me think that a public roadmap of sorts could be beneficial for those interested in following feature development.

It would take some initial time to set-up, but I imagine you would be saving time from not needing to give general updates upon request.

It could be something as simple as a dev-blog (which possibly exists, I may just be ignorant to this information) or as frilly as a custom graphic!

@David Craff: I understand Qobuz bought the e-Onkyo streaming/download service.

Once upon a time audiophiles could buy downloads of Japanese masters/remasters and also obtain DSD downloads from that site. There are lots of fantastic Japanese versions of popular Western releases. SHM masters and others.  Also Japanese Jazz, of which Qobuz doesn't have much. 

Any chance these types of albums will become available from Qobuz?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

18 minutes ago, firedog said:

@David Craff: I understand Qobuz bought the e-Onkyo streaming/download service.

Once upon a time audiophiles could buy downloads of Japanese masters/remasters and also obtain DSD downloads from that site. There are lots of fantastic Japanese versions of popular Western releases. SHM masters and others.  Also Japanese Jazz, of which Qobuz doesn't have much. 

Any chance these types of albums will become available from Qobuz?

+1

To come back to missing CD's : Last year I found in Qobuz 3 albums of pianist Imogen Cooper titled: "Schubert Live Volume 1, 2 and 3". All 3 BBC recordings. I can still find them in my Roon library, but now all the albums are marked "not available". I looked on the Qobuz website and found that they are no longer listed under Imogen Cooper's discography. Why are these CD's deleted?

It would be nice if Qobuz could give some notification of these deletions to its users. 

Check my profile for my audiosystem.

On 5/4/2022 at 8:49 PM, JPhipps said:

Reading this made me think that a public roadmap of sorts could be beneficial for those interested in following feature development.

It would take some initial time to set-up, but I imagine you would be saving time from not needing to give general updates upon request.

It could be something as simple as a dev-blog (which possibly exists, I may just be ignorant to this information) or as frilly as a custom graphic!

Hi,

I will propose this to the head of product.