IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

13 minutes ago, Hawkmoon said:

Dear Qobuz staff - don't know what you have changed in your API but Qobuz on Innuos is now messed up for me and other Innuos users (I checked and it is not just me). Searches now glitch from within the Innuos Sense app, saved favourites say "album not found" and when playback of a Qobuz album is started often the album starts on track 3. Can you reach out to Innuos and find what's causing these issues ? Thanks !

Try logging out of Qobuz and log back in. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

Try logging out of Qobuz and log back in. 

no effect unfortunately - I think this is an Innuos specific issue from what I can glean from reading posts on other forums, and a very recent one - like only happening today. I am guessing Qobuz made some change to the API that streamers use and it has impacted Innuos for some reason possibly due to the way the Innuos Sense app uses a library system to integrate streaming services.

I just want to suggest that Qobuz implement a consistent policy on what to do when a customer downloads an album with a defective or missing song file. Twice this has happened to me and when I made a support request on the site I got an email back saying that they would allow me to download the same album again when the label has supplied a corrected file, but this is no good because it takes forever for the label to do that, the first instance was a download album with one missing track and a duplicate track in its place, that was in late 2020 and the same album with the missing/duplicate track is still up there for streaming and purchase:

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/the-modern-dance-pere-ubu/0809236136008

I saved the email for that first instance and responded to it again over a year later and the support agent agreed to my request to receive store credit to download a different album of the same value.

Same thing happened again last week, I paid for this album

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/johann-sebastian-bach-sonatas-bwv-1016-1017-1030-1032-ronald-moelker-and-riko-fukuda/0689076201339

and it turns out track 13 is cut short at the end. I used the website to file a support request and was told the same thing in the exact same words, that they could not accommodate my request to receive credit towards another purchase, that it is "impossible". Anyway, I used the chatbox on the site today to communicate this matter and the agent has agreed to send an email with information on how to choose a free download, so I hope this will happen. In the meantime I deleted the download with the defective track from my hard drive (I don't want to keep an album that is missing a song) and purchased the same title on SACD from a seller in the Netherlands (with a CD it is more certain that there will be no defective songs or tracks)

I just think it should be Qobuz policy that when a customer pays for a download album and one or more of the files are missing or defective, the customer files a report with the order number and title and artist and resolution details of the release, and once it is verified that a file is missing or defective the album should be removed from the store and the streaming catalog, the customer receives credit to download an album of equal value. That is what was done but I always received a refusal to do that before I persisted and asked again, and was granted a resolution, the agent told me to request a download album of my choosing and then a few days later the album was put in my account on the purchases page so I could download it.

Please make this a consistent policy. Thank you for the music and best regards to everyone.

"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel

8 minutes ago, Tinnitus Andronicus said:

I just want to suggest that Qobuz implement a consistent policy on what to do when a customer downloads an album with a defective or missing song file. Twice this has happened to me and when I made a support request on the site I got an email back saying that they would allow me to download the same album again when the label has supplied a corrected file, but this is no good because it takes forever for the label to do that, the first instance was a download album with one missing track and a duplicate track in its place, that was in late 2020 and the same album with the missing/duplicate track is still up there for streaming and purchase:

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/the-modern-dance-pere-ubu/0809236136008

I saved the email for that first instance and responded to it again over a year later and the support agent agreed to my request to receive store credit to download a different album of the same value.

Same thing happened again last week, I paid for this album

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/johann-sebastian-bach-sonatas-bwv-1016-1017-1030-1032-ronald-moelker-and-riko-fukuda/0689076201339

and it turns out track 13 is cut short at the end. I used the website to file a support request and was told the same thing in the exact same words, that they could not accommodate my request to receive credit towards another purchase, that it is "impossible". Anyway, I used the chatbox on the site today to communicate this matter and the agent has agreed to send an email with information on how to choose a free download, so I hope this will happen. In the meantime I deleted the download with the defective track from my hard drive (I don't want to keep an album that is missing a song) and purchased the same title on SACD from a seller in the Netherlands (with a CD it is more certain that there will be no defective songs or tracks)

I just think it should be Qobuz policy that when a customer pays for a download album and one or more of the files are missing or defective, the customer files a report with the order number and title and artist and resolution details of the release, and once it is verified that a file is missing or defective the album should be removed from the store and the streaming catalog, the customer receives credit to download an album of equal value. That is what was done but I always received a refusal to do that before I persisted and asked again, and was granted a resolution, the agent told me to request a download album of my choosing and then a few days later the album was put in my account on the purchases page so I could download it.

Please make this a consistent policy. Thank you for the music and best regards to everyone.

This should be very easy for Qobuz to double check as well. They can download the same album and see the same issue. Then they'll know you aren't trying to pull something on them. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

29 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

This should be very easy for Qobuz to double check as well. They can download the same album and see the same issue. Then they'll know you aren't trying to pull something on them. 

EXACTLY. Just now I got an email reply to my chat of this morning and am told that the issue is corrected for the Pere Ubu title I purchased in late 2020. I just checked and the same problem is still there! On the download purchase page for the album at https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/the-modern-dance-pere-ubu/0809236136008 and in the streaming catalog I tested it and it is still the same. Track 5 has the correct title but when you play it you find it is a repeat of track 4. I am not hopeful that this will ever get corrected but I strongly suggest that the album be removed from the download store and the streaming catalog until it gets fixed.

"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel

1 hour ago, Tinnitus Andronicus said:

email back saying that they would allow me to download the same album again when the label has supplied a corrected file, but this is no good because it takes forever for the label to do that

It seems a common (deplorable) practice …. it happened twice to me on PrestoClassical … the first time they refunded the amount and I could buy the physical cd, the second time the cd wasn’t available and I’ve never seen the downloaded album been corrected.

Stefano

My audio system

12 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

It seems a common (deplorable) practice …. it happened twice to me on PrestoClassical … the first time they refunded the amount and I could buy the physical cd, the second time the cd wasn’t available and I’ve never seen the downloaded album been corrected.

I'll tell you who has exemplary customer service: NativeDSD.com. When it happened to me that an album had duplicate tracks and the correct track was missing, I contacted them and they promptly told me to pick any album title in their catalog to download for free. I could've chosen some mammoth box set download but I chose something of comparable value and I was happy with that. Had to go buy the SACD from a seller on eBay to get the proper album. Jonas at Native DSD is super knowledgeable, friendly and responsive. Their catalog is quite expensive but they do have a lot of titles Qobuz doesn't have.

3 minutes ago, Mark Dirac said:

I reckon it to be a tragedy that this thread was originally called "Qobuz issues". It is a very popular thread, and outsiders are always seeing posts about Qobuz issues. But not, for example, Tidal issues. And that is definitely not because Tidal have no issues!

In practice, this is the Qubuz chit chat thread, except that there is a skew away from Qobuz compliments and Qobuz queries ( not issues) and Qobuz neutral comments, because of this unfortunate thread title. 

It's unfair on Qobuz.

I hear you and I agree in part. But if Qobuz had a more professional, knowledgeable and responsive support staff to respond appropriately to support requests on the website, this thread would be unnecessary and redundant. I'm not saying all their support agents are indifferent or incompetent, but... I've been a subscriber for over two years and they still have not fixed the bug in the Windows app that I've reported numerous times, nor have they even offered an explanation.

3 hours ago, Tinnitus Andronicus said:

I hear you and I agree in part. But if Qobuz had a more professional, knowledgeable and responsive support staff to respond appropriately to support requests on the website, this thread would be unnecessary and redundant. I'm not saying all their support agents are indifferent or incompetent, but... I've been a subscriber for over two years and they still have not fixed the bug in the Windows app that I've reported numerous times, nor have they even offered an explanation.

Since you have had the same response to your (quite reasonable) request at least a couple of times, I’m guessing it’s company policy rather than the staff (which after all is tasked with implementing rather than setting policy) that is at fault.

Though I imagine the labels’ fear of piracy is at least partially to blame, it would be a great thing if Qobuz could see their way clear to changing this at the policy level. It would certainly mean happier customers for Qobuz.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 hour ago, Jud said:

Since you have had the same response to your (quite reasonable) request at least a couple of times, I’m guessing it’s company policy rather than the staff (which after all is tasked with implementing rather than setting policy) that is at fault.

Though I imagine the labels’ fear of piracy is at least partially to blame, it would be a great thing if Qobuz could see their way clear to changing this at the policy level. It would certainly mean happier customers for Qobuz.

Well, I got another email back from the chat agent who helped me this morning and he says I just have to give them the name and artist and resolution of anything I want and I can have it for free, as compensation for my most recent defective download. So are sympathetic employees violating company policy when they honor my request? I asked for a consistent policy. Maybe the policy is to refuse to offer any exchange or refund for a defective download on the first request, but to do so when the customer is persistent and insistent in getting a fair shake. Who knows...

On 2/15/2022 at 11:19 AM, Mark Dirac said:

In practice, this is the Qubuz chit chat thread

It is? 

As was stated on the last page, you or anyone are exceedingly welcome to convene in numbers at the appropriate place to chit chat to your hearts content. 

Here that place is again for your perusal and potential usage.

Show some respect to overworked Qobuz staff' ability to directly focus on issues here.  TIA. 

A quick post to say that Qobuz made good on the defective downloads I purchased and compensated me with a free album download of my choosing in each instance where a download album I purchased had missing or defective tracks. Although my initial support request on both occasions yielded a refusal to do anything but contact the label for a corrected file, my subsequent efforts to ask for compensation were successful, and I am happy with the outcome. I recommend anyone who runs into a similar issue to use the chatbox on the website, the agent was very helpful and resolved the matter in a couple of days.

9 hours ago, Madman26 said:

Why would it say track not available and not play?  Thanks

8 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

I checked the track “Shout at the devil” and it seems the HiRes version isn’t available anymore 

The why is rights owner decided not to license the tracks/albums in HiRes. 

This is the fast paced world of streaming.  Music rights are trading at a blistering pace.  

If you take issue with the actions of those who own, and can therefore contract usage at will, rights there is only one formative course of action you an individual can pursue.  Track them down and request they reinstall their music on your preferred streaming site.   :)

On 2/19/2022 at 3:03 PM, Madman26 said:

Hey David.  Why would it say track not available and not play?  Thanks

Screenshot_20220219-090044.png

Hi,

Sorry, there were lots of "takedown" releases for this artist, and the top tracklist is not updated yet. This must be done this week.

Releases are available for listening.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

4 hours ago, Xendor- said:

The most urgent fix that its needed is the search engine/artist page, it's a complete mess.

You do realize the platform was built around intelligent, read sophisticated users, dissemination of search results across a catalog with innumerous releases of the same works in select genres.  Out of that rose ability to discover new music in a conscientious environment that might seem messy to less orderly minds.  

5 hours ago, Xendor- said:

Qobuz will also show cover songs for this artist when im on their aritst page.