8 hours ago, Albrecht said:

""I don't care how the guy spends his money""

Obviously not true: otherwise you wouldn't be here spitting vitriol. Of course high end audio manufacturers make so little profit, - that fact seems to escape you. Do you also spend a lot of time on other websites attacking REAL profiteers like Bayer, Raytheon, Exxon, Bechtel, General Dynamics, Goldman Sachs, or Gucci, Tiffany, etc?

Of course not.  And my only "vitriol" is aimed at the people selling $6K USB cables to people who think that buying such a cable might make USB, the poorest of all audio interfaces, actually sound halfway decent. So you are DEFENDING the seller of such garbage? Shame on you!  

George

8 hours ago, Albrecht said:

A lot of unreasonable audiophile website trolls are ignorant, - not testing and making absurd claims about something that they know nothing about; with made-up physics.

Maybe if more people actually TESTED things in audio, we would all achieve better sound reproduction, - instead of just cowardly repeating things that other trolls have said and they have no knowledge of either.

In some areas of commercial enterprises, cables, are one area where the anti-audiophile makes all sorts of baseless claims about cost to manufacturer, properties of the cables, cost to build, and how much profit the designer makes. So we have endless and clueless statements about the efficacy of cables that the anti-audiophile is completely clueless about.

But that is par for the course with internet bullies.....

We're talking about WIRE here. How much can a wire do? Believe me, the best a wire can do is to be a perfect conductor and to do that, it would have to be cryogenically held at somewhere near 0° Celsius. Otherwise it's limitations are proscribed by the material from which it's made. The best conductor is silver, but silver is not that much better than copper to make it worth the effort - or the money!:

http://www.tibtech.com/conductivity.php

IOW, I can see no way that anyone can justify $6000 for a USB cable.

George

1 hour ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

George, no wonder you can no longer hear differences in usb cables. $2 ones come with a disclaimer, I saw it written on some for sale at  radio Shack, "not for use in high end audio, unable to propagate audible differences". :D?

+1

I no longer hear any differences in USB cables because I no longer use them in my audio system. And now we have some clue as to why Radio Shack is out of business! :)

George

1 hour ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

Yeh, my little cat's claws lords it over my big German Shepherd. Then again, my little pug lords it over my big German Shepherd.My big German Shepherd lords it over everything outside our home. In this way, lording it over all things great and small, I have come to succumb to the logic that my wife is the scariest creature of all!

So, you're saying there's a pecking order in your household? I'll bet that whatever it is that you're at the bottom of it. Most husbands seem to be these days! :)

"She is woman, hear her roar!" Thank you Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan!

George

As usual, everyone's missing the point - a $2 cable may fix an issue, a $6,000 one may not; or vice versa ... what matters is whether the underlying flaw is being addressed to a decent level, accidentally or otherwise.

If a Ferrari has an unbalanced wheel, what matters? The specialness of the metal slugs used to correct the imbalance; or the expertise of the chap who adds them in the precisely correct manner, and makes sure the wheel now is fully in order?

1 hour ago, gmgraves said:

So, you're saying there's a pecking order in your household? I'll bet that whatever it is that you're at the bottom of it. Most husbands seem to be these days! :)

I'm the boss, whenever she lets me !

1 hour ago, gmgraves said:

"She is woman, hear her roar!" Thank you Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan!

Shhhhhh, my wife is listening ??

Sound Minds Mind Sound

4 hours ago, sandyk said:

Does this have any long term effect on the exterior of the cables ?

I tried almost everything without success with 2 generations of cats to prevent them from using my speakers as scratching posts.  As they were rented properties I was unable to fit an additional door to keep them out.

It's supposed to be non-toxic and stop chewing behavior. Scratching on the other hand...

28 minutes ago, coot said:

I just feel sorry for the OP. 

Not so much about his expensive cable being ruined, but that he got so much crap about the expenditure. He should never have told you people about it!

The OP is not the person that had his cable ruined...

No electron left behind.

1 hour ago, pkane2001 said:

No, what matters is if there is an underlying flaw to be fixed in the first place.

If the SQ is not "mind-blowing" then there is at least one underlying flaw - which a cable change may alleviate to some degree. If it's achieved by a $2 item then you're a winner!

Most ambitious rigs are poorly sorted - they're a fine balance of rubber bands, sticking plaster, and assorted bits of rope holding it all together - the slightest variation anywhere moves the balance in yet another direction; that's a nightmare, to me ... :P.

43 minutes ago, vmartell22 said:

Dang it - did not realize that was a Chick Publications link  - clicked on it  :-(

[Edited - do not wanna get into polemics]

v

Blame Kumakuma, he posted the link ! :D

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

19 hours ago, Albrecht said:

A lot of unreasonable audiophile website trolls are ignorant, - not testing and making absurd claims about something that they know nothing about; with made-up physics.

Maybe if more people actually TESTED things in audio, we would all achieve better sound reproduction, - instead of just cowardly repeating things that other trolls have said and they have no knowledge of either.

In some areas of commercial enterprises, cables, are one area where the anti-audiophile makes all sorts of baseless claims about cost to manufacturer, properties of the cables, cost to build, and how much profit the designer makes. So we have endless and clueless statements about the efficacy of cables that the anti-audiophile is completely clueless about.

But that is par for the course with internet bullies.....

usual pathetic reply resorting to name calling, you do troll a lot don't you when someone says something you disagree with... But hey its believers that keep the cable scammers in business...

14 hours ago, Albrecht said:

Yeah.. me too.. The same ignorant trolls who don't understand the high performance audio industry and make ridiculous speculations about the products, likely, hate pets as much as they do enhancing their listening experience.

Perfect example of the trolling you accuse so many off... So much vitriol for those of a differing view, quite worrying, quite worrying.