6 minutes ago, Nordkapp said:

I am going to reach out to music_man and ask him to join CA. I think he could enrich everyone's experiences here. I'm picturing him and GUTB in the same thread. 

Finally! I find it somewhat irritating discussing someone else from a different forum in such length without putting the respective individual into the picture. Not quite fair, to say the least!

21 minutes ago, Nordkapp said:

Well, at least the cable survives. Too bad for the $130K DAC though. 

Where can I find the same $6K cable? I was ready to buy one, but could only find the $650/1.5m version, which is obviously way below audiophile grade. And the name is misleading, so I'm a bit concerned about the honesty of the manufacturer. It's silver conductor and yet it's called Diamond? Or are there diamonds in the $6K version? I need to know, so I can convince my wife that it's a really good buy.

7 hours ago, fas42 said:

If the SQ is not "mind-blowing" then there is at least one underlying flaw - which a cable change may alleviate to some degree. If it's achieved by a $2 item then you're a winner!

So your recommendation is if you don't like the way your system sounds, start swapping random parts and components until you hit the one that makes it sound better? I'm still struggling to understand the actual method behind your ma....err....approach :)

10 hours ago, gmgraves said:
11 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

Silver is a better conductor than both copper and gold. Some even can hear it :)

It so little better that I'd say that one would have to run one's audio through many meters of each before anyone could possibly hear any difference between copper and silver 

Most probably couldn't. Some OTOH would hear the difference with 1m runs :)

6 hours ago, sandyk said:

Blame Kumakuma, he posted the link ! :D

Blame sandyk, he borrowed the image from one of their anti-evolution tracts. :D 

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

4 hours ago, pkane2001 said:

Where can I find the same $6K cable? I was ready to buy one, but could only find the $650/1.5m version, which is obviously way below audiophile grade. And the name is misleading, so I'm a bit concerned about the honesty of the manufacturer. It's silver conductor and yet it's called Diamond? Or are there diamonds in the $6K version? I need to know, so I can convince my wife that it's a really good buy.

You don’t. They need to be 10 meter to cost that much and the advantage it may have had would be lost. The guy also claimed to have a $350k amp and both the original Sennheiser Orpheus HE 90 and the 55k HE 1.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sennheiser-orpheus-he-90-vs-he-1-impressions-of-a-direct-comparison.860779/page-3

14 hours ago, gmgraves said:

It so little better that I'd say that one would have to run one's audio through many meters of each before anyone could possibly hear any difference between copper and silver

http://www.tibtech.com/conductivity.php

4 hours ago, marce said:

Perfect example of the trolling you accuse so many off... So much vitriol for those of a differing view, quite worrying, quite worrying.

Speculation is speculation.... what's good for the goose.... and all that.... 

15 hours ago, gmgraves said:

Of course not.  And my only "vitriol" is aimed at the people selling $6K USB cables to people who think that buying such a cable might make USB, the poorest of all audio interfaces, actually sound halfway decent. So you are DEFENDING the seller of such garbage? Shame on you!  

No, shame on your ignorance, and cowardly speculations...

""So you are DEFENDING the seller of such garbage""

How would you know what is "garbage" and what is not?

""So you are DEFENDING""

Criticizing your ignorance

""people selling $6K USB cables to people who think that buying such a cable might make USB, the poorest of all audio interfaces, actually sound halfway decent"

Again more speculation, - perhaps a little more research on your part might yield a little knowledge instead of spittle....

Shame on YOU!!

15 hours ago, gmgraves said:

Nah! I think selling hanks of wire to gullible audiophiles for outrageous prices is much more lucrative!

News much?

""selling hanks of wire to gullible audiophiles for outrageous prices is much more lucrative!""

"books cost too much" der-der-der-der .....    Wouldn't it be nice for you to have your delusions corroborated, - too bad it simply doesn't happen in the real-world. But I am sure that that won't stop you....

33 minutes ago, Albrecht said:

It's the ignorant speculators who have no knowledge & experience

"usual pathetic reply resorting to name calling, you do troll a lot don't you when someone says something you disagree with."

SameSame for the trolls who resort to name calling on the designer/manufacturers who unreasonably attack them only on the basis of a retail price: (which no one pays anyway). 

So called "cable scammers" would never stay in business.

Anti-audiophiles sure don't like the same "name-calling" that they spit at maufacturers; when it gets turned back on them.

Wow... While the title of this thread may engender certain types of feelings, it really was all fun and games until your posts. Why so angry?

44 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

Wow... While the title of this thread may engender certain types of feelings, it really was all fun and games until your posts. Why so angry?

Angry?

Surely you're not referring to any of my posts here.

If so, this is (your erroneous label) as it's nothing compared to the vitriol spat at manufacturers by the anti-audiophiles here, are you even reading some of these disparaging trigger words?

6 hours ago, pkane2001 said:

.. are there diamonds in the $6K version? .

Diamond is a good electrical insulator, having a resistivity of 100 GΩ·m to 1 EΩ·m[28] (1011 to 1018 Ω·m). Most natural blue diamonds are an exception and are semiconductors due to substitutional boron impurities replacing carbon atoms. Natural blue or blue-gray diamonds, common for the Argyle diamond mine in Australia, are rich in hydrogen; these diamonds are not semiconductors and it is unclear whether hydrogen is actually responsible for their blue-gray color.[17] Natural blue diamonds containing boron and synthetic diamonds doped with boron are p-type semiconductors. N-type diamond films are reproducibly synthesized by phosphorus doping during chemical vapor deposition.[29] Diode p-n junctions and UV light emitting diodes (LEDs, at 235 nm) have been produced by sequential deposition of p-type (boron-doped) and n-type (phosphorus-doped) layers.[30]

Diamond transistors have been produced (for research purposes).[31] FETs with SiN dielectric layers, and SC-FETs have been made.[32]

In April 2004, the journal Nature reported that below the superconducting transition temperature 4 K, boron-doped diamond synthesized at high temperature and high pressure is a bulk superconductor.[33] Superconductivity was later observed in heavily boron-doped films grown by various chemical vapor deposition techniques, and the highest reported transition temperature (by 2009) is 11.4 K.[34][35] (See also Covalent superconductor#Diamond)

Uncommon magnetic properties (spin glass state) were observed in diamond nanocrystals intercalated with potassium.[36] Unlike paramagnetic host material, magnetic susceptibility measurements of intercalated nanodiamond revealed distinct ferromagnetic behavior at 5 K. This is essentially different from results of potassium intercalation in graphite or C60 fullerene, and shows that sp3 bonding promotes magnetic ordering in carbon. The measurements presented first experimental evidence of intercalation-induced spin-glass state in a nanocrystalline diamond system.

- wiki

6 minutes ago, Albrecht said:

Angry?

Surely you're not referring to any of my posts here.

I get the same feeling as pkane2001 when reading your posts.

24 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

I get the same feeling as pkane2001 when reading your posts.

Me alone eh?

Almost as if I'm labeling high performance audio manufacturers as "criminals?"

maybe a little perspective on your part, or at least a little more reading....

I am not the one making claims.

10 minutes ago, Albrecht said:

Me alone eh?

Almost as if I'm labeling high performance audio manufacturers as "criminals?"

maybe a little perspective on your part, or at least a little more reading....

I am not the one making claims.

I said nothing about anyone else or any of the claims made here. The only point I trying to make is that your posts make you appear to be an angry individual.

4 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

I said nothing about anyone else or any of the claims made here. The only point I trying to make is that your posts make you appear to be an angry individual.

OH that's all.....

so why did you bother? What about the much more intense anger & sarcasm of the 7 or 8 other vitriol spitting posters in this thread? Why bother wasting time saying nothing about the content of the posts, yet pointing out mine?

Or, - is it a cult-of-personality thing where you disagree with the content of my posts?

""you appear to be an angry individual."

Thank you so very much for your personality assessment, is that a condition that I possess as a semi-permanent trait, or just here on these forums, or these past few posts?

You appear to be someone who is grossly cavalier in their assessments of other people's personalities.

14 minutes ago, Albrecht said:

OH that's all.....

so why did you bother? What about the much more intense anger & sarcasm of the 7 or 8 other vitriol spitting posters in this thread? Why bother wasting time saying nothing about the content of the posts, yet pointing out mine?

Or, - is it a cult-of-personality thing where you disagree with the content of my posts?

""you appear to be an angry individual."

Thank you so very much for your personality assessment, is that a condition that I possess as a semi-permanent trait, or just here on these forums, or these past few posts?

You appear to be someone who is grossly cavalier in their assessments of other people's personalities.

Again,  I'm simply providing my opinion on how you come across to me.

Are you trying to argue that my perception is incorrect? Doesn't seem like a stance that you would take.