IGNORED

How much does it cost to be an audiophile?

27 minutes ago, Nordkapp said:

It cost this guy $6 mil. to be an audiophile. 30-Mcintosh MC2102s in case you were wondering.

cfd7200e46fb2fe646c25996575c2be4_EggCxAkxtXHkgAGxJaddnp5CIbvelxD.jpg

cfd7200e46fb2fe646c25996575c2be4_p3vUcfbx42hZwtko2FjLJvDJT4.jpg

Looks like it must be a canine's system.  Notice the cooling fan.  Scruffy is no dummy.  

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

2 hours ago, Kal Rubinson said:

It has been decades but I recall a wonderful Tibetan restaurant in Minneapolis.  Does that ring a bell?

There is a Tibetan store in Linden Hills and a Tibet Kitchen.  Honestly, I have never once searched out Tibetan food so I don't know if that is the only one, or if it is any good.  I should check it out though.

No electron left behind.

1 hour ago, Nordkapp said:

It cost this guy $6 mil. to be an audiophile. 30-Mcintosh MC2102s in case you were wondering.

cfd7200e46fb2fe646c25996575c2be4_EggCxAkxtXHkgAGxJaddnp5CIbvelxD.jpg

cfd7200e46fb2fe646c25996575c2be4_p3vUcfbx42hZwtko2FjLJvDJT4.jpg

Been there.  My CT house is not far from there and I knew the guy's father.  It is impressive but, imho, not especially, hospitable.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

Ok guys - This thread is being reported quite a bit. Veering off topic, like my previous post, is OK. Getting deep into the weeds of political and societal  issues may be interesting but it’s best left for the Anything but CA area (All Access subscribers only). 

Continue to post way way off topic and I’ll just remove the posts. I suggest you save your time. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

4 hours ago, Skirmash said:

For me, the title of this thread equates to asking the question ... how much money do you need to spend before you are emotionally invested in something?

It's a daft question and has nothing to do with financial means.

If you identify as an audiophile, then you probably are one.

Did you bother to read the opening article referencing the the title? The author hits on various ideas, not just financial. 

Deleted.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

3 hours ago, firedog said:

Funny how you forgot to mention various forms of subsidies and tax breaks for the rich, and other forms of corporate welfare. How do you think wealth is getting more concentrated at the top? There's a reason it's happening, it doesn't just happen by itself. And it isn't being caused by the various forms of "welfare" you mention-maybe the opposite is true.

Never mind.

George