IGNORED

Michael Lavorgna strikes back.......

6 minutes ago, crenca said:

ML, along with the vast majority of the writers for these audiophile trade publications not only have no technical/legal background, they don't even show the desire to learn about these things unlike most hobbyists (e.g. as shown on this thread and on this site).  So, they rely on a hierarchy of confidence in authorities.  He did not understand how you did not counter with another authority higher in the hierarchy than Bob, so the only rational conclusion for him is that you are trying to usurp Bob's authority and are a "conspirator"...

There is a culture in the consumers of that kind of audiophile "authority" content that anyone who challenges those self proclaimed authorities is a troll, troublemaker, or just rude for not displaying the requisite fealty or reverence.

Personally, I like the Доверяй, но проверяй approach.

1 hour ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

I'm just flattered that so many have spent so much time researching my avatar.  :D

Unfortunately I am guilty of cultural illiteracy!  I had no idea what the name referred to! :) 

Labels assigned by CA members: "Cogley's ML sock-puppet," "weaponizer of psychology," "ethically-challenged," "professionally dubious," "machismo," "lover of old westerns," "shill," "expert on ducks and imposters," "Janitor in Chief," "expert in Karate," "ML fanboi or employee," "Alabama Trump supporter with an NRA decal on the windshield of his car," sycophant

2 minutes ago, christopher3393 said:

This claim and similar claims have been made by you many times with very little challenge. I wonder if it is based in an anti-religious bias, reading freethinker perspectives into audiophile journalism? If so, I'd call it eisegesis: " the process of interpreting a text or portion of text in such a way that the process introduces one's own presuppositions, agendas, or biases into and onto the text... Eisegesis is best understood when contrasted with exegesis. While exegesis is the process of drawing out the meaning from a text in accordance with the context and discoverable meaning of its author, eisegesis occurs when a reader imposes his or her interpretation into and onto the text. As a result, exegesis tends to be objective when employed effectively while eisegesis is regarded as highly subjective."

This rings true to me, at least to some extent.

I'm a little disappointed you didn't bother to translate the Russian part.  Perhaps you were distracted by an apparent opportunity to look scholarly.  If it makes you feel any better, that copy/paste is certainly worthy of a retired college professor IMHO.  :)

39 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

I'm a little disappointed you didn't bother to translate the Russian part.  Perhaps you were distracted by an apparent opportunity to look scholarly.  If it makes you feel any better, that copy/paste is certainly worthy of a retired college professor IMHO.  :)

So, you're saying I'm right.

3 hours ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

I'm just flattered that so many have spent so much time researching my avatar.  :D

STC--while I have lacked the fetishistic interest necessary to do the research into your avatar, I am grateful that one of our other members has.  I enjoy your posts' multidimensional insightfulness--they bring something new to mind whether or not one agrees.  Kudos on the avatar--it's perfect!

9 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

back on topic of this one will be locked up.

Gladly!

Is seems that ML might be concerned that "Computer Audio" might be a little to close to the name of a forum that jilted him...

The best places keep their menu fresh. With that in mind, we have re-organized AudioStream's menu structure to, ideally, make things make more sense while keeping pace with Network Audio's shifting landscape (e.g. I think "Network" audio makes more sense than "Computer" audio).

20 hours ago, skikirkwood said:

Ok, let's do that, but let's stick to facts.  Here is ML's reply to my first comment on Audiostream - btw, I never apologized.

Someone has replied to your comment on AudioStream.com

Reply posted by: Michael Lavorgna
Reply title: Nice first post, Jim.
Reply comment:
>I found two blogs that really stood out in terms of educating someone like
>myself on the state of the art of audio today - Archimago's blog
>(archimago.blogspot.com), and Mark Waldrep's blog (www.realhd-audio.com).
Excellent. That's what's great about the web, we can all find sites we enjoy.
>Whereas I found many traditional audiophile magazines, Audiostream included,
>appear to be nothing more than a forum to help sell advertising of high-end
>audiophile products.
Appearances? It's OK to be wrong, Jim. The important thing is, once we learn
we are wrong, and you most certainly are, to admit it. You may also want to
apologize since your accusations based on appearances reflect directly on my
character. And that bothers me, Jim.
You may enjoy our Industry Voice section, located under Blogs, where we
interview industry people including Mark Waldrep. I think you'll find it both
educational and interesting.

You'll find the comment at:
http://www.audiostream.com/comment/507961#comment-507961

His style is akin to Farage's.

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

10 hours ago, Thouston said:

As long as you're stereotyping; you probably live in California, are a snowflake girlyman, think the government should protect and control your life, and have a Hillary sticker on your bicycle. 

I do live in California - northern California of course! And that would be a Hillary sticker on my Tesla. :)

1 minute ago, Ralf11 said:

northern California like chainsaws?  or northern California like techoids?

Palo Alto, the center of Silicon Valley, and Kirkwood, south of Lake Tahoe, the best skiing on the west coast. We got over 800 inches of snow last season.

And when some audiophile pundit starts lecturing me about the virtue of expensive USB and Ethernet cables I mention how I missed the point they are making when I studied computer science at Stanford.  Usually shuts people up - but not everyone.

22 minutes ago, skikirkwood said:

And when some audiophile pundit starts lecturing me about the virtue of expensive USB and Ethernet cables I mention how I missed the point they are making when I studied computer science at Stanford.  Usually shuts people up - but not everyone.

ccc843b77ba91304da77da27f4d6ab4f.jpg

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020