IGNORED

Michael Lavorgna strikes back.......

2 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

So much for brevity...previously you've suggested you prefer a barroom atmosphere here, which is completely in tune with Urban Dictionary. Now you are chastising me for what? lack of barroom etiquette? 9_9

You are also ignoring any wider context, which I'm presupposing. Unfortunately, the crappy search function only gives you a few of the references to Lavorgana/lasagna, which has become tiresome and is pretty juvenile, and has also been challenged by others before.

You refer to the report function as "snitching," a function that the CA has stated repeatedly that he relies on, and you and others would love to discourage members from using it.  So i do this instead, but not good enough for you.

You likely don't get the "finch" reference. ralf knows what he is doing. "muffy'? please.And he's done this a number of times to a number of people. It's aggravating.

To me, your version of CA is comical: "Where high end and high tech meet...in a dive bar, where the owner is the bartender and the bouncer, and occasionally has to go out back or run an errand and says"Hey guys, could you keep an eye on things and give me a shout out if there is any trouble?" To which the regulars reply "You got it. But there won't be anything we can't handle" with a grin. Good luck with that.

Some would like derogatory nick names to stick, like lasagna to a pan. But if this was done to them? not so much.

I also noticed the the out-of-control spacehound, 1,000 posts in less than thirty days,  now banned twice after multiple warnings, made lots of "unclassy" comments. lots. Did you object, even once? Why? He's on your team.

rah, frickin' rah!

It looks like ML's banishment has had a profound affect on you.  Hopefully, you'll just let it go eventually.  Perhaps hoping for more audio content in your posts is hoping for too much.  The "he's on your team" imputation lacks any evidence.  In other words, you seem to be making broad brush assumptions with no substance to back them up.

From here, it looks like rank hypocrisy, but I suspect it looks like something else to you.  I can only wish that one day your self awareness develops to the point where you become cognizant of your own pomposity.  Best of luck!  :)

2 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

So much for brevity...previously you've suggested you prefer a barroom atmosphere here, which is completely in tune with Urban Dictionary. Now you are chastising me for what? lack of barroom etiquette? 9_9....the references to Lavorgana/lasagna, which has become tiresome and is pretty juvenile, and has also been challenged by others before....To me, your version of CA is comical: "Where high end and high tech meet...in a dive bar, where the owner is the bartender and the bounce...

Yes, exactly!  Your comeback and your attempt to do the same to him as he was doing to ML was a fail.  Once again, your seeing evil where there is none.  Your comeback was just spiteful and mean (and pushed if not crossed the line of the rules here at CA), whereas @Ralf11put down has a sophistication, class, and maturity (not that it is a paragon of these virtues) which you have completely missed.  At the very least, his was family and work friendly - yours was not.  Hypocritical of you and your crusade to conform the city of CA to your vision if you ask me.

How old are you?  Have you ever been to a bar with your buddy's?

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

3 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

To me, your version of CA is comical: "Where high end and high tech meet...in a dive bar, where the owner is the bartender and the bouncer, and occasionally has to go out back or run an errand and says"Hey guys, could you keep an eye on things and give me a shout out if there is any trouble?" To which the regulars reply "You got it. But there won't be anything we can't handle" with a grin. 

giphy.gif

New Eric Bibb is my early frontrunner for favorite of 2018 - except I see that it was released last year.

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

17 minutes ago, skikirkwood said:

New album by Moby is the bomb. And the 40th anniversary remaster of the Eagles Hotel California is out on Spotify.  Sounding great on my new Oppo PM-3 headphones driven by my new Schiit Fulla 2.

The coolest part about the Fulla 2 is when you select it as the audio output device on a Mac you have to choose "I'm Fulla Schiit" from the modal popup.

Playing the Moby album now, thanks for the tip.  Reading the Roon album notes has me thinking I am going to vote for Trump's reelection for music's sake, as he apparently is quite the musical muse  :)

Add a shelf (1-3 db to your liking) on those PM-3's starting around 4000khz, and their darn well perfect (if not the most resolving) HP's....

edit:  No one do a hat that says "Make Music Great Again" - the ideas mine...

3 minutes ago, crenca said:

Add a shelf (1-3 db to your liking) on those PM-3's starting around 4000khz, and their darn well perfect (if not the most resolving) HP's....

By "Add a shelf" you mean an equalizer setting around 4Khz?

The PM-3's also sound great connected to the headphone output of a Raspberry Pi I have with an IQAudio DAC running Volumio.  The cool thing is I can drive the Pi for hours on an Anker battery I have to charge my iPhone, so I get portability - and none of that dreaded AC noise, as it's running on a battery. :)

20 minutes ago, skikirkwood said:

New album by Moby is the bomb. And the 40th anniversary remaster of the Eagles Hotel California is out on Spotify.  Sounding great on my new Oppo PM-3 headphones driven by my new Schiit Fulla 2.

The coolest part about the Fulla 2 is when you select it as the audio output device on a Mac you have to choose "I'm Fulla Schiit" from the modal popup.

Cheers, I shall don the headphones and have a listen to the Eagles... Speakers are currently in the new house, my amps at the old house... But then my room is full of boxes, got to love moving home.

19 minutes ago, crenca said:

Playing the Moby album now, thanks for the tip.  Reading the Roon album notes has me thinking I am going to vote for Trump's reelection for music's sake, as he apparently is quite the musical muse  :)

edit:  No one do a hat that says "Make Music Great Again" - the ideas mine...

I'd rather listen to the day the music died in repeat...

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Enough of the nonsense. 

Anyone heard any good music lately?

Listening to Inna de Yard - The Soul of Jamaica - a 96/24 master copy from 2017. Pretty interesting reggae melded with some acoustic music. Well worth a listen.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

2 hours ago, skikirkwood said:

By "Add a shelf" you mean an equalizer setting around 4Khz?

The PM-3's also sound great connected to the headphone output of a Raspberry Pi I have with an IQAudio DAC running Volumio.  The cool thing is I can drive the Pi for hours on an Anker battery I have to charge my iPhone, so I get portability - and none of that dreaded AC noise, as it's running on a battery. :)

Yep, I mean an EQ "shelf" of + 1 to 3 db starting at around 4khz because the top couple of octaves of the PM-3 need a small boast for most folks taste.  This is just the first explanation that popped up in Google:

http://www.audiomasterclass.com/newsletter/shelving-eq-shelf-eq-what-s-that

3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Enough of the nonsense. 

Anyone heard any good music lately?

I'm disappointed. I realise that moderation of an internet forum is like herding cats, but I would expect some effort to herd towards the thread title rather than away. :D

"People hear what they see." - Doris Day

The forum would be a much better place if everyone were less convinced of how right they were.

1 hour ago, Don Hills said:

I'm disappointed. I realise that moderation of an internet forum is like herding cats, but I would expect some effort to herd towards the thread title rather than away. :D

Point taken. In that case we can debate how useless ML's postings of Lovely Recordings are in the era of machine learning based recommendations from sites such as Spotify.  I've discovered a huge amount of great new music from the personalized Daily Mixes and Discover Weekly playlists Spotify gives me.

Now the last time I posted a comment on Audiostream regarding a Lovely Recordings post ML immediately started flaming me:

https://www.audiostream.com/content/lovely-recordings-hosted-erik-martin

The guy is just downright nasty - I can't believe he's still employed by TEN.

I especially liked this quote from him: 

"I ask that each Lovely Recording pick be available as a download since this site is about computer audio. People, like you, are free to buy whatever version they like. Even the vinyl ;-)"

So, a CD is not a digital medium, used by computer audio. WTF? Last time I checked, audio CDs had binary data on them.

Worse, ML, the author of the article, and the grumpy old man flaming on me entirely missed my point that the Tidal download of XTC's Skylarking probably was the original that had a reversed polarity issue:

http://www.progressiveears.org/forum/showthread.php/9262-XTC-Skylarking-Corrected-Polarity-Edition

Whereas the low cost CD on Amazon was remastered to fix that issue.  So ML was steering people to an overpriced digital download of an earlier, flawed version of the album.

Ok, so now we're back on point, and talking about music! :) 

4 hours ago, marce said:

Cheers, I shall don the headphones and have a listen to the Eagles... Speakers are currently in the new house, my amps at the old house... But then my room is full of boxes, got to love moving home.

I have a pair of KEF X300A's in my home office too - great to have non-stop music here as I mostly work from home.  Love the KEF's, but they developed an issue with one channel being louder than the other, and while easily compensated by the balance control dial, I was disappointed to hear that it cost $300+ to fix as they only had a one year warranty.  

My 23 year old Bryston amp is still going strong, and I did have it serviced, for free, after 17 years.  You gotta love that 20 year warranty. Even low cost Schiit products have two year warranties, and my Freya has a 5 year warranty.

2 minutes ago, skikirkwood said:

I have a pair of KEF X300A's in my home office too - great to have non-stop music here as I mostly work from home.  Love the KEF's, but they developed an issue with one channel being louder than the other, and while easily compensated by the balance control dial, I was disappointed to hear that it cost $300+ to fix as they only had a one year warranty.  

My 23 year old Bryston amp is still going strong, and I did have it serviced, for free, after 17 years.  You gotta love that 20 year warranty. Even low cost Schiit products have two year warranties, and my Freya has a 5 year warranty.

Yuck. Are you sure it developed over time? My guess is they were that way from the beginning...