IGNORED

Michael Lavorgna strikes back.......

17 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

If only we didn’t switch software platforms in March 2017. That big dip is frustrating. Google penalized us heavily. 

Oh well. It will come back up. 

This traffic source graphic is interesting.  For direct traffic, Stereophile is just a notch above CA, but for SEO it's 3x. Worthwhile using a tool like SEMRush and analyzing CA and its competitors. And remember that anytime anyone posts something on the CA forum linking to Audiostream or Stereophile you are helping their SEO rise.

traffic.png

38 minutes ago, skikirkwood said:

This traffic source graphic is interesting.  For direct traffic, Stereophile is just a notch above CA, but for SEO it's 3x. Worthwhile using a tool like SEMRush and analyzing CA and its competitors. And remember that anytime anyone posts something on the CA forum linking to Audiostream or Stereophile you are helping their SEO rise.

traffic.png

CA started with Drupal as the CMS (what all the TEN sites switched to), as we had the best SEO. We moved to vBulletin and got a little better functionality but a lower SEO score. Now we switched to Invision Community CMS and got an even lower SEO score. It's frustrating. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 10/12/2017 at 4:00 AM,  plissken said: 

I doubt Chris has anything to worry about in this regard. 

I've most likely been the most vocal with him. But here's the thing, I wasn't really involved the the thread and it was Raf of all people that ML did his typical semi-psychotic two face routine with. IMO ML is a little bit 'off'. 

Chris has to worry about people like you. He should have banned you from CA a long time ago.

Agreed.

28 minutes ago, Tecnik1 said:

I've most likely been the most vocal with him. But here's the thing, I wasn't really involved the the thread and it was Raf of all people that ML did his typical semi-psychotic two face routine with. IMO ML is a little bit 'off'. 

Chris has to worry about people like you. He should have banned you from CA a long time ago.

Agreed.

So you,  Tecnik1,  a brand new tadpole, pop up  and start saying who should be banned?

33 minutes ago, Tecnik1 said:

......."tadpole" you've been a member now for what a month wow.

Yeah, I'm a tadpole too but I've been looking at this site for about 6 years. So what?

As for Plissken, he's one of the most level-headed people  here. He knows how 'digital' actually works, which is rare, so he doesn't fall for myths and magic. Nor does he  waste money on expensive cables whose designers would all win Nobel Prizes for physics  even if only 10% of their BS was true.

12 hours ago, Tecnik1 said:

Read more  

Agreed.

I wonder how many sock puppet accounts you would have to spin up to get Chris to oust me for no good reason.

9 minutes ago, plissken said:

Ha, I was lurking here at CA in 1978 when it was being ran on an HP PDP 11.

Back then I fed my DAC with paper punch fanfold.

Shame HP left the instrumentation business. When  I was in the UK guided missile trade in the early 1970s we   used lots of their stuff, and fed the results of our measurements into this, which they also made. It was a proper computer, but they called it a programmable calculator deliberately as it looked different from other computers.

9100aql.jpg

3 minutes ago, Spacehound said:

Later on, when I had left the missile trade and moved to IBM, we helped make this for the London Science Museum.

A replica of Babbages' Analytical Engine (1837). It works perfectly, even though it is deliberately made to '1837 precision',   except they had to change the gearing on the handle as it was too hard to turn. The input is punch cards same as the original.

It doesn't have a USB socket, unfortunately.

1200px-AnalyticalMachine_Babbage_London.jpg

That's cool.

13 hours ago, Tecnik1 said:

you've been a member now for what a month wow.

To be accurate, Spacehound only joined on January 31. It just feels like longer because he has posted 364 times in less than 2 weeks. This may be a CA record!  :D

But, hey, who's counting? And after waiting 6 years there must be a lot of back pressure!

11 minutes ago, christopher3393 said:

To be accurate, Spacehound only joined on January 31. It just feels like longer because he has posted 364 times in less than 2 weeks. This may be a CA record!  :D

But, hey, who's counting? And after waiting 6 years there must be a lot of back pressure!

It's beginners enthusiasm and it's cold outside. That will wear  off and it will get warmer. I joined because of MQA, so you can add that to Stuart's list of sins. 

1 hour ago, Spacehound said:

It's beginners enthusiasm and it's cold outside. That will wear  off and it will get warmer. I joined because of MQA, so you can add that to Stuart's list of sins. 

wait, there's a list of sins?  I might be able to sort out suitable penances!  

5a81f7a843dc1_61e1fZ4Xj9L._SX331_BO1204203200_.thumb.jpg.e8bc0437e3fc9b5e5a3174ac6dfa551c.jpg

Seriously, though, have you posted any kind of summary as to why MQA bothers you so much? Others have, and there are some good ones, but MQA seems to raise more ire in some than in others who are against. Do you know why you feel so strongly about it? Or is it all in good fun?

6 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

wait, there's a list of sins?  I might be able to sort out suitable penances!  

5a81f7a843dc1_61e1fZ4Xj9L._SX331_BO1204203200_.thumb.jpg.e8bc0437e3fc9b5e5a3174ac6dfa551c.jpg

Seriously, though, have you posted any kind of summary as to why MQA bothers you so much? Others have, and there are some good ones, but MQA seems to raise more ire in some than in others who are against. Do you know why you feel so strongly about it? Or is it all in good fun?

My wife purchased that book. It's useful at the parties we both hold and go to :D 

No. I am happy to accept results from people such as mansr, Archimago,  etc. I  have the 'expertise' to do some of it, but it is 'recently gathered' expertise, far from comprehensive,  and I would only be following  their work. Which would destroy MQA completely were it widely known by the interested 'masses'. Of which there are few.

I was instantly suspicious of MQA because it has Meridian's and Stuart's name on it. Following their 42 year mostly unsuccessful history and their financial shenanigans  to preserve Meridian's  existence/Stuart's income  is both interesting and amusing.

11 hours ago, Spacehound said:

Shame HP left the instrumentation business. When  I was in the UK guided missile trade in the early 1970s we   used lots of their stuff, and fed the results of our measurements into this, which they also made. It was a proper computer, but they called it a programmable calculator deliberately as it looked different from other computers.

9100aql.jpg

Yeah, though plissken's post was clearly meant to be whimsical.  The PDP 11 was actually made be DEC (Digital Equipment Corporation), not HP.

58 minutes ago, darkmass said:

Yeah, though plissken's post was clearly meant to be whimsical.  The PDP 11 was actually made be DEC (Digital Equipment Corporation), not HP.

Right, I just flew by that.  I used a dusty one in a political statistics class using fortran and spss.  But got to cuddle once with an IBM 360 that we teletyped to back in 7th grade.  Ah, the smell of paper tape in the morning... What?  Oh, the point!  I'm old.

Kudos to everyone showing groundbreaking machines.

Mac Mini 2012 with 2.3 GHz i5 CPU and 16GB RAM running newest OS10.9x and Signalyst HQ Player software (occasionally JRMC), ethernet to Cisco SG100-08 GigE switch, ethernet to SOtM SMS100 Miniserver in audio room, sending via short 1/2 meter AQ Cinnamon USB to Oppo 105D, feeding balanced outputs to 2x Bel Canto S300 amps which vertically biamp ATC SCM20SL speakers, 2x Velodyne DD12+ subs. Each side is mounted vertically on 3-tiered Sound Anchor ADJ2 stands: ATC (top), amp (middle), sub (bottom), Mogami, Koala, Nordost, Mosaic cables, split at the preamp outputs with splitters. All transducers are thoroughly and lovingly time aligned for the listening position.