IGNORED

USB audio cracked... finally!

2 hours ago, exdmd said:

Schiit has a successor to their USB Gen 5 in beta testing now. Hopefully should be released sometime later next year. They talked about it in this video from RMAF. Might save money and improve your SQ by waiting until they release their next generation USB implementation. If they release it like they did the Eitr they will have replacement USB boards and a stand alone USB to S/PDIF converter.

That’s an interesting video/dicussion, thanks for sharing. The part of their own USB host and receiver interface processors (as a competitor to companies like XMOS) starts around 24:00.

‘Why do we do it? To free the world from the bondage of shitty sounding streamers. Because streaming just sounds like ass. Sorry, it’s bad.’?

Around 31:00, it’s bits and bits, it shouldn’t matter bla bla bla but it did. :)

16 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

No one on here has seen or heard any of "your" differences sandy.  The visual files you sent me made me doubt your sanity, to be accurate about it.

16 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

You haven't seen or heard any differences simply because you refused to ask Dennis for a comparison disc (at no charge to you), despite having an Oppo 205 that is capable of playing my supplied BR discs.

Talk about closed minded !

That isn't the hallmark of somebody who claims to be a Research Scientist !

Neither have you apparently checked the newer images that I have linked to in my Profile, as many members have already done.

P.S.

Is there any way to get rid of an additional and unwanted Quote section ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

Alex, I'll mention, in my good natured way, that most people have a strong need to approach solutions from a particular slant. Men especially. As in, "I must have a measurement that proves I'm doing the right thing!". Or, "It's intrinsically impossible for digital to ever sound as good as analogue!".

Ummm, hang loose, man ... the best stuff happens when you're open to absolutely anything being useful; try something "really dumb!", and be fully receptive to the chance that it may do something surprising.

There is no checklist to be sent down from on high; there are a myriad number of ways for satisfying playback to be evolved - but being locked into a set of strict 'beliefs' can hamper forward movement ...

3 minutes ago, fas42 said:

but being locked into a set of strict 'beliefs' can hamper forward movement …

That is why many members simply ignore the vast majority of unwinnable threads in the General area, where the same topics get frequently regurgitated, still without any definite conclusions..

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

48 minutes ago, Dutch said:

That’s an interesting video/dicussion, thanks for sharing. The part of their own USB host and receiver interface processors (as a competitor to companies like XMOS) starts around 24:00.

‘Why do we do it? To free the world from the bondage of shitty sounding streamers. Because streaming just sounds like ass. Sorry, it’s bad.’?

Around 31:00, it’s bits and bits, it shouldn’t matter bla bla bla but it did. :)

Ya gotta luv Schiit.

Tho I might get an RME...

2 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

Let me explain something sandbox -  Research Scientists do not waste their time on Don Quixolatyl or his quests.

You want to establish something, do yer own work.

All it shows is that you are closed minded, which the vast majority of members already know anyway !

You find plenty of time though to try and set a Guinness book of Records tor the highest number of posts in the shortest possible time in an Audio Forum.

4 hours ago, fas42 said:

In audio it's very, very hard to get people off the drug of Adding Goodness - if one accepts that a certain part of chain is pretty touchy, and needs a higher level of integrity in how it's done, then everything gets so much simpler. If your sports car has flat tyres, do you go out and make multiple measurements of how the handling characteristics have degraded, to be absolutely sure you're not imagining things - or simply inflate to the advised pressures?

BTW, cables cause problems for multiple reasons - nailing a Big Culprit cause on the cross is a bit silly; just work out the way where the cable simply disappears as being a weakness.

If you wade through the Schiit video linked a few posts up,  you will hear Mike Moffat explaining how they are going to 'simplify' the USB function. They will no longer be using drivers from C-Media,  but will have created their own format that will make things much simpler and will sound better as a result.

It all depends upon in what dimension of life one finds themselves living in.  For, one man's music is another man's noise. 

4 hours ago, sandyk said:

P.S.

Ctrl-z is the only thing I am aware of.

But it doesn't work on Frank's quotes, and yours for that matter. :/

:)

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

2 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

Ctrl-z is the only thing I am aware of.

But it doesn't work on Frank's quotes, and yours for that matter. :/

:)

Bugger. That must be annoying for you ! :D

2 hours ago, fas42 said:

Good to know ... will check it out, ?

Gotta love Mike "Attitude!!" Moffat ... :)

Watching that strongly suggests, again, that USB is a lousy interface for audio - because the circuity has never been thoughtfully optimised for this type of data transfer.

7 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

please stop insulting my post count sando

and if I really were closed minded, I'd not have made the comments about the Dark matter RAM that I did

feel free to look up that thread - you might learn something

If I agreed to take your test?   What would be the conditions?

What equipment would be used?   Speakers?  Amps, etc?

How would the test be run?

It all depends upon in what dimension of life one finds themselves living in.  For, one man's music is another man's noise. 

39 minutes ago, look&listen said:

Try Delete key on text, then box (little '+' thing), try many times. maybe work, maybe not O.o

Or Back page, Forward page & start over.

Thanks.

I will try that next time it happens.

8 hours ago, sandyk said:

The more difficult solution (but some times unavoidable because Ctrl-z only backs out last in first out:

Take care that at least 3 empty lines are under the quote (insert 3 lines if necessary);

Drag the quote by means of that "+" thing *one* line downwards;

Select with your mouse from the line under the quote u/i to the line above the quote;

Press delete (or backspace).

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

14 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

Ya gotta luv Schiit.

Tho I might get an RME...

Get both (Schiit Eitr and RME ADI-2 DAC). IME, the Eitr USB interface to ADI-2 S/PDIF (coaxial input) sounds better (less/non fatiguing) than the ADI-2 USB interface. And, the Eitr has a driver for Windows that supports WASAPI exclusive mode and automatically switches sample rate. Note that this also works flawlessly with the native Mac OS X class compliant USB audio driver (UAC-2). With the RME ASIO USB driver (MADIFace) for Windows and OS X, you must switch the sample rate manually in the driver settings app, which sucks IMO.

Also note that the recent Windows 10 UAC-2 driver seemingly works with the ADI-2 DAC and does automatic sample rate switching, but WASAPI exclusive mode doesn't work with Tidal and the driver only works in exclusive WASAPI 'push' mode with Foobar2000. I.e., the Win10 UAC-2 driver appears to have bugs and/or severe limitations.   

17 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

...Research Scientists do not waste their time on Don Quixolatyl or his quests.

Sorry to interrupt your debate but who is Don Quixolatyl? I looked in the dictionary and did a google search and the only thing that came up was your post.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

2 hours ago, Teresa said:

Sorry to interrupt your debate but who is Don Quixolatyl? I looked in the dictionary and did a google search and the only thing that came up was your post.

I modified Quixote - the famed guy tilting at windmills; the back-end of the mod suggests the flying creature as per Rajiv's post (but as obtuse as it may seem NOT a $10 word) - just a fun mashup