IGNORED

Show us your equipment / kit !

It's rs1B Ina TRI Amp setup.

Tri-amp, how do you have them set up? Stereo amps for low-mid-high? Are the amps matching? I'm always interested to see how people are making multi amp setups work.

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Fun: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (JRMC) SOtM USB > Lynx Hilo > EAR 834L

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Digital Disc: Oppo BDP 95 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

Phones: EAR 834L > Little Dot Mk ii > Senheiser HD 800

Just bought a new camera so a chance to share my system.....

Sys 1.jpg

sys 2.jpg

All designed to have that PA equipment look/feel to it when in fact it is far from that. The top speakers have a mixture of Seas & Vifa drivers managed by an uber exotic passive XO using all silver foil inductors, Mundorfs finest Silver/oil caps. These are powered by a Class A Sugden Masterclass Power Amp.

The active bass units are Eminence Lab12 drivers in sealed boxes with a room matched Linkwitz transform circuit for bass equalisation. They are powered by Avondale NCC200s which are a evolution/derivative of Naim's Nap135 amplifiers

The final picture shows the guts of it all which sits behind the main system (mainly out of sight), the active & passive XOs, lots of Linear PSUs for the Mac & External hard drive, plus the Dac which is a NOS DDDAC 1794.

sys 3.jpg

The system doubles as a 2 channel Hifi system running Mac/Amarra as the music source or a home cinema system. There are 4 decent Monitor Audio surround speakers around the room. No need for a Sub as the main speakers go down to 15Hz or a centre as the screen sits so close to the main monitors.

Next years mission is to upgrade the AV pre amp...in the never ending quest!

Trying to make sense of all the bits...MacMini/Amarra -> WavIO USB to I2S -> DDDAC 1794 NOS DAC -> Active XO ->Bass Amp Avondale NCC200s, Mid/Treble Amp Sugden Masterclass -> My Own Speakers

• 3 weeks later...

2.1Channel system.jpg

AMD X2-250 Gigabyte Mother board Antec HTPC case Win 7 64 bit PC -> Foobar 2k with ASIO out -> Cambridge Audio DacMagicPlus -> Adcom Amp -> James Loudspeaker Floor Standing -> Klipsch RW-12d S/W; Monoprice XLR to RCA/Audio Quest Interconnect, Monster 12G Speaker Wire, Element 40 in LED

I am noob in the Hi-res arena. Had been burning FLAC for while, but still has more 60% of my collection in MP3. Actually started liking Apple formats - ALEC a lot these days. So burning everything in that and restarted collecting CDs that I gave away long time back and getting some tracks from iTune and also from HDtracks. Definitely paying a price to enjoy music again!!!!

Reference -> WIIM Pro Plus powered by Larry's HDPlex-> CA DacMagic Plus -> AudioResearch DS225 Audioquest XLR -> Sonus Faber Olympica 2 Kimber Speaker Wire

Family Room -> ALOO DIGIONE -> SPDF-> Onkyo TX-NR609 -> 7.1 In Wall Polk Audio SVS Sub (Home Theatre)

Living Room-> BlueSound NODE Gen3-> Carver THX Amp -> NHT Zero + SVS SB-1000 (LivingRoom)

Starting with a shot of right channel speaker. More to come..ImageUploadedByComputer Audiophile1417896578.808655.jpg

Source: Synology NAS > DIY Mediaserver • Software: JRiver MC31/Fidelizer Pro Optical output: ASUS Xonar AE 24/192 • DAC/preamp: Blue Cheese Audio Roquefort Digital cross-over: Xilica XP-3060 • Speakers: Electro-Voice TS9040D LX (for active config.)  Subwoofers: 2 x MicroWrecker Tapped Horns • EV horns amp: MC² Audio T2000 • EV bass amp: MC² Audio T1500 • Subs amp: MC² Audio T2000 • EV horns cables: Mundorf silver/gold 1mm solid-core • IC: Mundorf silver/gold XLR/Mogami 2549 XLR/Cordial CMK Road 250 XLR • Subs and EV bass cable: Cordial CLS 425 • Power cables: 15AWG Solid-core wire w/IeGo pure copper plugs (DIY)

OK, here's my studio...

pano.jpg

Obviously we have some other more domesticated systems in rooms my wife inhabits.

From L->R, a few instrument amps (a couple I designed and built), guitars, Dalesman speaker, oscilloscope, joystick, condenser mic & stand, lab psu, computer, 8-channel mixer, color printer, projection DLP HDTV screen, audio amp, DVD player, laptops, MIDI/synth keyboard, regular alphanumeric keyboard, computer monitor, mouse, Samson USB mic, satellite RX, bluray player, solder station, lamps and chargers, Dalesman speaker.

w

Mike zerO Romeo Oscar November

http://wakibaki.com

New listening room

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0202.JPG

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0201.JPG

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0187.JPG

IMG_0214.jpg

MBP 2012 ML 10.8.3 16 Gb and itunes 10.7 > Amarra Symphony with IRC, A+, PM> Tellurium Q Black Diamond USB + AQmicroUSB adaptor> Chord Hugo> Zensati #3 RCA > McIntosh C2500 preamp> Atlas Mavros XLR> McIntosh MC452 amplifier >Atlas Mavros speaker cable > Focal Scala Utopia > Ears > Brain > Enjoyment

Essential Audiotools Filtered Mains Multiplier/Sablon Audio Gran Corona

Analogue:Clearaudio master solution+SME V+Benz micro LP-S+Clearaudio Sixtream phono cable

HP: Ipod Classic 160Gb>Centrance Hifi-M8>Audeze LCD-X/Audeze LCD-XC

The system/setup looks terrific Oscar.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

The system/setup looks terrific Oscar.

Thank you so much. Enjoying it a lot!

All the best

Oscar

MBP 2012 ML 10.8.3 16 Gb and itunes 10.7 > Amarra Symphony with IRC, A+, PM> Tellurium Q Black Diamond USB + AQmicroUSB adaptor> Chord Hugo> Zensati #3 RCA > McIntosh C2500 preamp> Atlas Mavros XLR> McIntosh MC452 amplifier >Atlas Mavros speaker cable > Focal Scala Utopia > Ears > Brain > Enjoyment

Analogue:Clearaudio master solution+SME V+Benz micro LP-S+Clearaudio Sixtream phono cable

Hello oscarnr,

Another level of good enough. Enjoy the music takes on another step up. Lovely to look at too.

Best,

Richard

Thank you Richard for the kind words!

All the best

Oscar

New listening room

Wow - great gear in a great room - bravo!

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Fun: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (JRMC) SOtM USB > Lynx Hilo > EAR 834L

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Digital Disc: Oppo BDP 95 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

Phones: EAR 834L > Little Dot Mk ii > Senheiser HD 800

Wow - great gear in a great room - bravo!

Thanks a lot, Jabs1542! :)

Hi all together!

I never introduced myself. I think, it's a good way to do it here. :)

What you can not see on the pics, is the network infrastructure and storage in the basement and the iPad, where the photos are from.

I am really happy with my setup, I "always" enjoy it - even when I come home from an audio-show :)

Maybe a DSD capable DAC where great, at the moment I convert them to 24/176 on the fly.

Rest of the system is explained in my profile.

Bernhard

ImageUploadedByComputer Audiophile1418241187.076016.jpg

ImageUploadedByComputer Audiophile1418241199.786481.jpg

Hi all together!

What you can not see on the pics, is the network infrastructure and storage in the basement and the iPad, where the photos are from.

I am really happy with my setup, I "always" enjoy it - even when I come home from an audio-show :)

Maybe a DSD capable DAC where great, at the moment I convert them to 24/176 on the fly.

Bernhard

That's a great setup! I used to have the Dynaudio Contour S1.4 and enjoyed it very much. hey are not at my dad's house, and I have the Contour S3.4.

The speakers seem to have a very large toe-in. How far apart are the speakers, and how much toe-in is that (distance between the edge of your carpet and front feet)? I'm playing with toe-in of my speakers and found that with a large toe-in, the soundstage gets much narrower. Do you have that experience as well? I ended up with 2cm of toe-in (from edge of carpet to front feet; I don't know how many degrees that is), and my speakers are 2 meters apart (measured from center of one tweeter to the other).

That's a great setup! I used to have the Dynaudio Contour S1.4 and enjoyed it very much. hey are not at my dad's house, and I have the Contour S3.4.

The speakers seem to have a very large toe-in. How far apart are the speakers, and how much toe-in is that (distance between the edge of your carpet and front feet)? I'm playing with toe-in of my speakers and found that with a large toe-in, the soundstage gets much narrower. Do you have that experience as well? I ended up with 2cm of toe-in (from edge of carpet to front feet; I don't know how many degrees that is), and my speakers are 2 meters apart (measured from center of one tweeter to the other).

Placement is always room dependant and what works in one space most likely won't in another. Speakers don't radiate sound across their spectrum in a directive fashion but instead, variable in frequency and direction dependant on the baffle size and shape and the driver's behavior and size. Irregular boundary distance and material will also strongly influence what and when sound arrives at the listener. In the case of the poster's system, the right side stage will sound a bit brighter from reflected energy from the glass doors. More or less toe in can mitigate it to an extent, but that leaves the excess on axis energy to still beam at the listener which is dependant on the drivers and crossover design. A curtain over the glass doors would help this room quite a bit in presenting a balanced, symmetrical stage.

Placement is always room dependant and what works in one space most likely won't in another. Speakers don't radiate sound across their spectrum in a directive fashion but instead, variable in frequency and direction dependant on the baffle size and shape and the driver's behavior and size. Irregular boundary distance and material will also strongly influence what and when sound arrives at the listener. In the case of the poster's system, the right side stage will sound a bit brighter from reflected energy from the glass doors. More or less toe in can mitigate it to an extent, but that leaves the excess on axis energy to still beam at the listener which is dependant on the drivers and crossover design. A curtain over the glass doors would help this room quite a bit in presenting a balanced, symmetrical stage.

I agree with Mayhem's comments but want to point out one item concerning the bolded comment above. Many people have the view that glass is more reflective than other wall surfaces, but this is simply not true. For example, overall, glass has more absorption than drywall across the frequency spectrum:

Absorption_zps283b3dc8.gif

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Hi,

want to clear up this hot discussion ;)

The room is 8,1m wide, 4,9m long and 2,54m high. The stereo is on the left side of the room. The chassis are all more than 1m away from the next wall in all directions.

Distance left to right is 2,20m. The speakers do not perfectly "look" at me in my listening position, I still can see the inner side of the cabinet, but not much, when I move to one side maybe 10cm, I cannot see the inner side of the cabinet anymore. The speakers are 60cm away from the backwall. This was the best distance for a flat and smooth bass response. I do not feel that the door on the right has a dramatic impact, center staging is in the middle and very tall, I mean, precisely focused from midrange up to the treble.

Back to the angle of the speakers. In my opinion, the staging gets more diffuse with less angle, you could say, more wide. And, for me very important too, the very high frequencies are best when the large tweeter is not too much off axis. Other speaker react very different.

Tonality and frequency response is very important for me, music is classic and a little bit of "old" jazz, the legends. Some measurements comfirmed my impression of an exeptional flat frequency response, which in theory, the C1 really has.

This is my new house. I am here since 2013 and I was very sceptical about SQ when I saw the plan of the rooms. But I am very happy now, the bass in not boomy nowhere in the room.

:)

Hi all together!

Bernhard

[ATTACH]15825[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15826[/ATTACH]

VERY NICE!!!

I love DYN's :)

~Jason

Macbook black| consonance usb-spdif|Muse NOS DAC | Yamaha A-s700 | Dynaudio audience 52se|

cables: pangea ac9, DH labs Q9 silversonic, chord company crimson interconnect, BJC digital coaxial cable

Update to post #531:

- I've replaced the M-Audio CO2 with a Peachtree Audio X1. This eliminates a wall wart power supply and uses the USB Audio rather than the TOSLINK optical output.

- I'm using the DACMagic in the living room connected to the D2 via TOSLINK optical cable.

- The problems with the AudioEngine D2 turned out to be a bad TOSLINK cable, not a wireless transmission problem. It now works flawlessly and behaves the way I'd hoped.

I have brought back from Shanghai my Adam A7X and Concero HD system and they are now in Berkeley in my Fortress of Solitude. Much better to use headphone system in Shanghai for now and will also purchase some more modest active speakers for that system. In Berkeley I have added the Adam Sub10 Mk2, an LH LPS, and a Schiit SYS passive volume controller. A7X wired through the sub with 80Hz high pass setting. Also a LH Pulse Xfi is on order after which I will run balanced (Blue Jean cables here already). Mac Mini with Yosemite and CAD optimisations; wireless off; connected to Macbook Pro via ethernet (Blue Jean cables CAT 6) with screen sharing.

BTW the room, which also serves as my home office, is 22.8 x 11.7 x 7.8. I would like to try some DSP and room treatments, but this awaits the installation of the Pulse Xfi such that I can characterize the system in that state. Unfortunately I must settle for the one sub approach for space reasons.

DSC_0001_red.jpg

DSC_0010_red.jpg

DSC_0012_red.jpg

BTW the TV is a Sony Bravia 55X850B 4K set, and the increased resolution really does make a difference. Unused Peachtree Decco2, Parasound preamp and amp are in left corner with excess cables.

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star

Any quick (or more extensive if you like) impressions of the SYS?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I agree with Mayhem's comments but want to point out one item concerning the bolded comment above. Many people have the view that glass is more reflective than other wall surfaces, but this is simply not true. For example, overall, glass has more absorption than drywall across the frequency spectrum:

Absorption_zps283b3dc8.gif

Excellent chart.......but it doesn't extend far enough to meet the needs of audiophiles! Lol

On a serious note, yes you are correct it he spectrum were cropped but look what happens as frequency increases? The harder surfaces become less absorbing so at 4000hz, 96% of the acoustic energy is reflected which was my point of sounding increasingly 'bright'.