IGNORED

Show us your equipment / kit !

I feel like I just climbed out of the pool--with significant shrinkage.

There is a silver lining, pics like these convince my wife that I'm not the wackiest nut job out there :)

Big step up from Prima Luna to AR - yes I'm jealous.

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Fun: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (JRMC) SOtM USB > Lynx Hilo > EAR 834L

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Digital Disc: Oppo BDP 95 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

Phones: EAR 834L > Little Dot Mk ii > Senheiser HD 800

Welcome to my parlour...

image.jpg

image.jpg

Naim UnitiQute --> B&W CDM7NT plus Arcam AVR400, Cambridge Audio 751BD and Pro-Ject X-Pack turntable.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I started using voyage mpd in 2011 running on an Atom D525 headless computer with no fans or moving parts connected to an Onix 25A DAC. I replaced voyage mpd with Daphile about a month ago and I'm really impressed by its quality and ease of use. All my music files reside on a self-built NAS in another room (I don't want fans or hard disks in my listening room). The speakers are Audes 146 and the amplifier is an hybrid A-120 Opera Consonance.

Regards,

goerz

LAMtv.jpg

4BD4S.jpg

Being busy the past couple years. New Pre-amp, Amp, Phono pre-amp and cabling.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17765[/ATTACH]

What a stunning system, in both performance and appearance. Wow, some of you guys are really in the big leagues!

I would take a picture of mine, but in comparison, I'm in single A ball!

JC

My system.

Norwegian amp and dac.

IMG_1370.jpg

Auralic Aries G2 - Kii Control -  Kii Three active speakers -  OPPO BDP 95 - Clearaudio Concept turtable / AT-33 PTG II pu /Clearaudio Maestro Wood pu - Rega Fono MC riaa / Musical Surrondings riaa

Head-fi:

Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro - Shure SE846w/Silver Dragon - Chord Mojo

Totaldac D1 Dual

Totaldac D1 Server

VRD Mono Blocks

Uberbuss

Antipode Cables

Selah Audio Tempesta's

Working on a new rack

I've heard great things about the Tempesta's, and seriously considered buying them once upon a time. I would love to hear your thoughts about them.

JC

This has been a fascinating thread. So many different systems ranging from modest to awesome. Very interesting to see the different approaches people take. This is my main system with which I am entirely happy and believe (hope) that it is the endgame setup for me.

image.jpg

The the picture is vertical but, when I save the reply, it turns on its side for some reason.

Thanks. It sounds great and brings out the best in my speakers which are Dali Euphonia MS4. I thought I was settled with a simple but flexible two box system with the two Chord units. But then I discovered Qobuz, which is great fun and led to the purchase of the Aries - which I learnt about on this forum whilst Googling for something entirely different!

Then I discovered the Melco NAS, so my box count has doubled this year - but worth it for the sound quality and the flexibility that I now have.

i really do think that I am done now, but how many times has that been said before?

Hi folks I'm a newbie and would like to post photos need some help. Thanks

When you reply, there's an icon in the toolbar that looks like this:

InsertPhoto.jpg

Click on it.

In the resultant dialog, make the the appropriate tag is selected ("From Computer" or "From URL"). If you want to pull an image from the Web, paste in the URL in the "From URL" tab and click OK. If you want to use an image on your computer, click on the "Choose file" button, browse to the file you want to upload, and select it. Then you should be returned to the "From Computer" tab and you'll see the name of the file you selected. Click on the "Upload File(s)" link.

You'd be well advised to do this in "Advanced" reply mode, so you can preview your reply and make sure it looks okay. (Once you've got this down, you can just do a quick reply if it suits you.)

HTH.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Beautiful Speakers, before my ML I had focal bookshelves...they are awesome sounding speakers.....[ATTACH=CONFIG]17998[/ATTACH]

that's my set up now

Looks great are those martin Logan's?

One of my favorites. I build own now as I could never afford what I wanted so I bought every book I could on loudspeakers. Met a fellow that was into building speakers for concerts and studio mastering and I hung around with him for what's been 20 years now. Learned everything I could and now build for other people. There's always look better than mine it's like the plumber had leaky pipes the mechanics car is in bad shape, you start doing for others and never have time for your self. But thr ones I'm useing as mains are good the sound is awesome. I'm working on a new design now that will be even better. Love your setup clean and nice. The music scale on the back wall is a nice touch,