IGNORED

Show us your equipment / kit !

My apologies Barry ... looking back at the video I realise I am looking at the microphones (and baffle) you described (Mani was correct).

(Just trying to learn a little more here and embarrassed myself completely)

Eloise

I must admit to a smile as I pictured you looking at the video and thinking "Wait a minnit, wot's that big effin' mic in the middle that no one's counting??"

(Please consider yourself entitled to a good measure of laughter at my expense the next time - quite soon, I'm sure - I inevitably screw up publicly here. :) )

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

• 2 months later...

Here's my 2 channel set:

P1040665.jpg

2 ch: mac mini with Mavericks OSX, Audirvana+, JRiver MC19, Fidelia, iTunes with Bitplus, exaSound e20 DAC, Simaudio Supernova CDP, DSPeaker Anti-mode 2.0, Simaudio i7 amp, Anthony Gallo Ref 3.5 speakers, Woo Audio WA6 headphone amp, Sennheiser HD800 with Cardas cable.

HT: Pioneer Pro-151 Plasma, Anthem D2v pre/pro, Simaudio Titan 5ch amp, Oppo BDP-103 blu-ray player, Velodyne DD15 sub, Paradigm Signature S6/C3/S2's, Buttkicker tactile transducers.

Thanks....auditioned a heck of a lot of speakers before purchasing the AG's. They are special for sure.

2 ch: mac mini with Mavericks OSX, Audirvana+, JRiver MC19, Fidelia, iTunes with Bitplus, exaSound e20 DAC, Simaudio Supernova CDP, DSPeaker Anti-mode 2.0, Simaudio i7 amp, Anthony Gallo Ref 3.5 speakers, Woo Audio WA6 headphone amp, Sennheiser HD800 with Cardas cable.

HT: Pioneer Pro-151 Plasma, Anthem D2v pre/pro, Simaudio Titan 5ch amp, Oppo BDP-103 blu-ray player, Velodyne DD15 sub, Paradigm Signature S6/C3/S2's, Buttkicker tactile transducers.

Here you go.

P1040672.jpg

P1040674.jpg

P1040676.jpg

P1040678.jpg

Now you're talking, very very nice, i love BOXLESS speakers.

PS: You might enjoy my Flickr photo galery

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mracoustat/

i'm feeling rather inferior

Where did you get the shelves for the LPs? I like the dividers they have.

Nice rig, can you tell us what all of it is? I can make out a few of the units, do you still use the tape deck (looks like I see a Nakamichi in there, maybe a BX series)?

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Fun: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (JRMC) SOtM USB > Lynx Hilo > EAR 834L

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Digital Disc: Oppo BDP 95 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

Phones: EAR 834L > Little Dot Mk ii > Senheiser HD 800

We old farts have these ancient media called... cassettes, wait there were 8-track tapes, no... it must be LPs!!! ;-)

Hey, I'm an old fart too. I got out of vinyl a few years back due to convenience and other logistical issues. I sometimes miss it but not often enough to go crazy and start again.

Enjoy!

Hey Jabbs,

Got those from Gothic Furniture LP Record Rack, 3 Shelf with Base - Gothic Cabinet Craft

Get ready to pay the shipping... buy enough and get a whole pallet delivered. I got mine unfinished and stained them ebony.

Thanks for asking about the stuff. I haven't put my signature together but showing in the pics are:

Yes, Nak BX-300... still haven't transferred some boots and live stuff from cassettes to digital.

Magnum Dynalab FT-101 FM Tuner

Oppo BDP-83

Sony HD Radio (sweet little unit - TunerX in Flint MI makes 'em sound better - with MagDyn pole antenna on roof)

Theta Digital Data Basic Transport and DS ProPrime II DAC - ATT glass optical and Coax - Balanced outs

VPI Scoutmaster II table w/ Shelter501mkII MC cart

Mcintosh C50 solid state pre with 192/32 dual DACs

McIntosh MC402 Amp

Thiels CS6 speaks

Morrow Audio PH-6 Phone cable

Transparent Ultra MM2 bal/single ended interconnects and balanced pre to amp run, and speaker cables

Front end and Amp on separate PS Audio Power Plant Premier AC regenerators

Gonna' be looking into a DSD DAC soon, I think.

Just diving into a machine for digital based playback. So far I'm committed to the MacMini, Samsung 850 Pro 512 gb SSd, 16 gb RAM, Sys Concepts 1300 strand mini-TOSlink cable, YFS (Your Final System) Ref data only USB cable, Uptone Audio JS-2 LPSU and MMK fan control kit.

I'm going to make my tagline: "Life would be simpler with a boom-box!" A lot of learning has to go into these fun pursuits.

Peace

Hey Jabbs,

Got those from Gothic Furniture LP Record Rack, 3 Shelf with Base - Gothic Cabinet Craft

Get ready to pay the shipping... buy enough and get a whole pallet delivered. I got mine unfinished and stained them ebony.

Thanks, and I see they are 30" wide each - perfect.

and again - nice rig

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Fun: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (JRMC) SOtM USB > Lynx Hilo > EAR 834L

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Digital Disc: Oppo BDP 95 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

Phones: EAR 834L > Little Dot Mk ii > Senheiser HD 800

Ta lady pic is my old office , it was an early pic I rarly take pics of anything I own.

Sorry

the pics before is my new man cave it size is about 20 feet wide 50 feet long and about 9 feet high. It's all new has about 6 inches of steel reinforced concrete floors

it will house both a two channel system and a 7.1 surround setup.

MAin rig is the IRS V. With for now Aragon 8008 BB amps.

Surrounds will be froma demon 5805 CI

it will have two 18 inch subs and infinity speakers all around. I am not sure what model the seekers are I'll post that with finish pics.

Pat 57 it's honestly my first real setup that I am doing from scratch and really do care about how it will look .

al