IGNORED

Show us your equipment / kit !

• 3 weeks later...
A few photos of my system...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13416[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13417[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13415[/ATTACH]

Aryoh kidding? Beautiful to behold. Any descriptions to fill in what we are gazing at aside from recognizing the Mac Mini and Pass Labs?

Enjoy the music,

Richard

Nice and neat! :)

What speaker cables are those?

Thank you! I use Tara Labs The One cables and interconnects. Once I get some funds I will be upgrading to Light Harmonic Lightspeed USB as well.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Aryoh kidding? Beautiful to behold. Any descriptions to fill in what we are gazing at aside from recognizing the Mac Mini and Pass Labs?

Enjoy the music,

Richard

Thank you Richard for nice comment. This is MSB DAC IV Platinum with diamond power supply, i use him like preamp. Power amp is Pass Labs XA 30.5 and speakers are Wilson Audio Duette. Interconnect is Audioquest Horizon, speaker cables Sumic Audio (cable manufacturer from Croatia) and USB cable is Sumic audio Ultimate. Power cords are mostly Shunyata CX (Python and Black Mamba HC) and King Cobra VII, and also Sumic Audio Black Hole 5. Mac Mini 2011(SSD tweak) use linear power supply and iUSB Power with 9V linear power supply. There is also PS Audio Power Plant 500 and Duet for power ponditioning and one big balanced transformer just for power amp. Turntable is at the moment in working stage :)...

Thank you Richard for nice comment. This is MSB DAC IV Platinum with diamond power supply, i use him like preamp. Power amp is Pass Labs XA 30.5 and speakers are Wilson Audio Duette. Interconnect is Audioquest Horizon, speaker cables Sumic Audio (cable manufacturer from Croatia) and USB cable is Sumic audio Ultimate. Power cords are mostly Shunyata CX (Python and Black Mamba HC) and King Cobra VII, and also Sumic Audio Black Hole 5. Mac Mini 2011(SSD tweak) use linear power supply and iUSB Power with 9V linear power supply. There is also PS Audio Power Plant 500 and Duet for power ponditioning and one big balanced transformer just for power amp. Turntable is at the moment in working stage :)...

You're welcome. And thank you for the details. You have a lovely system, I can just imagine the SQ that you must be enjoying. Use it well and good health.

Best,

Richard

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13514[/ATTACH]

Would be interesting if you can describe what we're seeing...

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

• 2 weeks later...

DSC04178.jpg

Clockwise, from left: 13" MBP running Audirvana playlist mode/USB, music library on FWHDD (below, not visible), 42" Samsung LCD TV, Klipsch RB-41 II speakers (TV only), JVC compact integrated amp (for the Klipsch's), Comcast CATV/DVR, NAD C 275BEE power amp, vintage Sony DVP-S7000 (CD transport/S-PDIF), NAD M51 DAC/digital preamp

DSC04187.jpgLeft stereo speaker shown (B&W CDM7SE)

DSC04179.jpgBoth speakers from listening position

After all these years, many moves and a few changes here is my current setup in Italy. It's a very quirky room. We live in a renovated 200 m/sq mansarda (attic) in a very old building, in a very old town(founded in 991). I was shocked at how good the room sounds after a long and painstaking speaker placement. It has sloped ceilings, irregular angles and opens to the rest of the house and to the outdoors. Gear is detailed in my signature. I recommend a glass of our local wine, a bit of salami, a chunk of cheese with warm focaccia - just out of the oven!

mifi.jpg

mifi5.jpg

mifi2.jpg

mifi3.jpg

iMac - iTunes(AIFF) - Squeeze 7.9- QOBUZ flac streamer - Vodafone Revolution Router - Transporter - Pathos Classic One MkIII - JM/Focal Daline 3 - dhLabs & Xindak xlr cables - Mapleshade header and footers - AppleTV3

After all these years, many moves and a few changes here is my current setup in Italy. It's a very quirky room. We live in a renovated 200 m/sq mansarda (attic) in a very old building, in a very old town(founded in 991). I was shocked at how good the room sounds after a long and painstaking speaker placement. It has sloped ceilings, irregular angles and opens to the rest of the house and to the outdoors. Gear is detailed in my signature. I recommend a glass of our local wine, a bit of salami, a chunk of cheese with warm focaccia - just out of the oven!

That room looks incredible with so much character and history! Did you consider adding any room treatments? I know it would be difficult to alter the natural beauty of that room with treatments though!

So is that an open invite to come over for some wine???

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

That room looks incredible with so much character and history! Did you consider adding any room treatments? I know it would be difficult to alter the natural beauty of that room with treatments though!

So is that an open invite to come over for some wine???

Rosso o Bianco o Spumante? My CA homeys' are always welcome. As to room treatments, I'm hoping that someone here will offer suggestions.

iMac - iTunes(AIFF) - Squeeze 7.9- QOBUZ flac streamer - Vodafone Revolution Router - Transporter - Pathos Classic One MkIII - JM/Focal Daline 3 - dhLabs & Xindak xlr cables - Mapleshade header and footers - AppleTV3

Rosso o Bianco o Spumante? My CA homeys' are always welcome. As to room treatments, I'm hoping that someone here will offer suggestions.

I will take all 3!! Where in Italy are you? I've been to Milan and Lake Como. Next year I will be headed to Southern Italy and Spain.

As for room treatments it looks like you have a lot of hard, reflective surfaces (floor, low ceiling). You could treat these areas with a rug and some panels. For looks I like Vicoustic. But before you add treatments, are you happy with your sound? If so, I say enjoy more vino and buy more music!

BTW, I purchase music from Qobuz and love it. Their Studio Master downloads are both eclectic and good sounding.

Other components:

Looks really good, davidovada. If you're contemplating getting a second Pathos Classic one and running them as mono amps, I can only say go for it. The sound gets much purer, and two of them look fantastic!

All best,

Jens

i5 Macbook Pro running Roon -> Uptone Etherregen -> custom-built Win10 PC serving as endpoint, with separate LPUs for mobo and a filtering digiboard (DIY) -> Audio Note DAC 5ish (a heavily modded 3.1X Bal) -> AN Kit One, heavily modded with silver wiring and Black Gates -> AN E-SPx Alnico on Townshend speaker bars. Vicoustic and GIK treatment.

I will take all 3!! Where in Italy are you? I've been to Milan and Lake Como. Next year I will be headed to Southern Italy and Spain.

As for room treatments it looks like you have a lot of hard, reflective surfaces (floor, low ceiling). You could treat these areas with a rug and some panels. For looks I like Vicoustic. But before you add treatments, are you happy with your sound? If so, I say enjoy more vino and buy more music!

BTW, I purchase music from Qobuz and love it. Their Studio Master downloads are both eclectic and good sounding.

Ciao. I live in the Alto Monferrato, 35km north of Genova in a town surrounded by vineyards. I've tried some simple room treatments and I do continue to experiment. Anyone know of some cat proof panels? And, thank you. Yes, I am very happy with my sound - but, like many here at CA, always looking for a bit more something something.

Looks really good, davidovada. If you're contemplating getting a second Pathos Classic one and running them as mono amps, I can only say go for it. The sound gets much purer, and two of them look fantastic!

I agree. Two Pathos' would be cool.

Recent upgrade with more power.

Can Admin Rotate these photos? It just looks creepy.

I'm not an Admin ... but here you are HiFi...

image-3.jpg

Nice looking room there. I must have my usual request though ... what is the equipment we are seeing?

image.jpg

image-2.jpg

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I'm not an Admin ... but here you are HiFi...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13848[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13849[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13850[/ATTACH]

Nice looking room there. I must have my usual request though ... what is the equipment we are seeing?

FIRST . . . Thank you for fixing photos.

EQUIPMENT:

MacMini > JRiver > Mytek Stereo 192 > Krell KSL Line Stage > Krell KMA200 & MDA500 Mono Block Amps > Meadowlark Nightingale Speakers> Music Hall 9.1 w/Goldring Erocia LX > Krell KPE Phono Stage

My System TWO SPEAKERS AND A CHAIR

@HIFI

Please for more info on bass traps?

DIY TUBE TRAPS that I made following plans you can pick up in an easy web search. I have a couple panels I made for first reflection.

My System TWO SPEAKERS AND A CHAIR