IGNORED

Show us your equipment / kit !

• 2 weeks later...
Hi bliss - Nice rack! Ahem, so to speak :) I like the combination of old and new gear.

Any chance of sharing your impressions of the Lynx? The specs & marketing on it suggest it would be very interesting to quite a few CA members. Well, to me anyway - mastering grade conversion, headphone output, from a pro-audio company but, so they say, also a product made partly with the audiophile market in mind (and so on)... but I've not found many first hand user reviews.

Sorry I took so long to reply. I really do like the hilo. It is the best sound I have had to date in my system. My dac (adc) history includes a nuforce icon, a fiio e17, wavelength brick, a tc electronics impact twin, classe cp800 and a furutech adl gt40. The hilo sounds great and just took a big step up with the firmware update to include direct DSD playback. I gave the hilo a try at the suggestion of Rob Robinson (pure vinyl). The convenience of having a high quality dac and a adc in one unit was also attractive. If you are on a budget the gt40 is the best bang for the buck I have heard. The classe does a remarkable job with even low quality source files. While the hilo provides more detail and space than all but the classe. The hilo fit my budget better than the classe and it was a slightly better fit with the my system components. I think generally that all dacs above a certain level are good but at a another certain point the fit with your other gear takes control of the selection process.

Mac Mini, Pure Music, Pure Vinyl, Lynx Hilo

• 2 weeks later...

Really nice place there, Blake. You into Architecture and Design too??

iPhonePictures4308.jpg

GIK Acoustic soffit traps in the corners:

iPhonePictures4357.jpg

iPhonePictures4583.jpg

iPhonePictures4440.jpg

iPhonePictures4487.jpg

iPhonePictures4314.jpg

iPhonePictures4448.jpg

iPhonePictures4365.jpg

iPhonePictures4321.jpg

iPhonePictures4437.jpg

iPhonePictures4371.jpg

iPhonePictures3969.jpg

"...winter is coming.." (Game of Thrones):

iPhonePictures4621.jpg

and following Spacey's lead, my listening companions Nigel and Sophie (Boston Terriers):

iPhonePictures998-1.jpg

Meridian MC200 - DSP6000MKII

Really nice place there, Blake. You into Architecture and Design too??

Thanks Spacey. I am very much into architecture and design. We bought the house from an architect.

After I posted the pics of my system, I purchased an additional amplifier, which is located on the lower shelf. I really like it. Lousy iphone pics as I don't have a camera.

iPhonePictures4693.jpg

iPhonePictures4673.jpg

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

003.jpg

- Mark

Synology DS916+ > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > Netgear switch > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > dCS Vivaldi Upsampler (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 Dual 110 Ohm AES/EBU > dCS Vivaldi DAC (David Elrod Statement Gold power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > Absolare Passion preamp (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > VTL MB-450 III (Shunyata King Cobra CX power cords) > Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker > Kaiser Kaewero Classic /JL Audio F110 (Wireworld Platinum power cord).

Power Conditioning: Entreq Olympus Tellus grounding (AC, preamp and dac) / Shunyata Hydra Triton + Typhoon (Shunyata Anaconda ZiTron umbilical/Shunyata King Cobra CX power cord) > Furutec GTX D-Rhodium AC outlet.

• 4 weeks later...

While not on the level of many here, I'm not going to say it's shabby either. Almost all equipment has been modified by me and the sound stage and imaging is the best I've heard. Everything simply just works and I'm not going to even claim that I really know why beyond the fact that I hear extremely well and just have a knack for tweaking (and opening things up and making them better).

268043_10151365672752165_1519177433_n.jpg

Blake, how do you like the svsound subwoofer? I'm looking to get one and I've been eyeing the one you have, I actually didn't know you had it until I read your SIG. Awesome set up and gear you have, very lovely place as well!

iMac -> Audirvana+ -> Schiit Modi -> Yamaha A-S500 -> Audioengine P4

Thanks for the kind remarks Oscar.

I quite like the svsound subwoofer. Ironically, I have been playing around with it this week in terms of getting it to blend better with my main speakers. Pierre of Mapleshade offered up some pointers on subwoofer integration, one being to get the woofer of the sub the same distance to the listening position as the woofers on the mains. That, and playing around with the phase setting did the trick.

iPhonePictures4726.jpg

I am impressed with the sub, especially for the cost. I have owned a number of subs over the years and this SVS model is quite nice. Once you get it properly integrated, the bass is quite tight and tuneful. I listen to alot of bass heavy music and have no regrets on the purchase.

For the price, I think it is a no brainer. According to Pierre of Mapleshade, the other sub in this price range to audition is the Gallo TR-1d (make sure it is the latest "d" version). Pierre says it is the most musical sub he has ever heard, regardless of price. I have no idea on that as I have no personal experience with the TR-1d.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

I quite like the svsound subwoofer. Ironically, I have been playing around with it this week in terms of getting it to blend better with my main speakers. Pierre of Mapleshade offered up some pointers on subwoofer integration, one being to get the woofer of the sub the same distance to the listening position as the woofers on the mains. That, and playing around with the phase setting did the trick.

I am impressed with the sub, especially for the cost. I have owned a number of subs over the years and this SVS model is quite nice. Once you get it properly integrated, the bass is quite tight and tuneful. I listen to alot of bass heavy music and have no regrets on the purchase.

+1

I have 2 of these running off a Velodyne SMS-1 sub EQ and they are tight and blend well with my bookshelf speakers. They don't go quite as low as other sloppy subs I've had, but that's okay because no song I listen to has explosions in it :)

+1

I have 2 of these running off a Velodyne SMS-1 sub EQ and they are tight and blend well with my bookshelf speakers. They don't go quite as low as other sloppy subs I've had, but that's okay because no song I listen to has explosions in it :)

The SMS-1 is an invaluable tool for dialing in a subwoofer and i highly recommend it for anyone without measuring or DSP. The difference between a system with and without is like night and day!

I agree with Mayhem. I wish I had an SMS-1 handy. I had a friend with one but he sadly moved away...

the other sub in this price range to audition is the Gallo TR-1d (make sure it is the latest "d" version). Pierre says it is the most musical sub he has ever heard, regardless of price. I have no idea on that as I have no personal experience with the TR-1d.

This is pretty impressive as it seems that sub can be purchased for under $400. I would pick up a pair of them at that price, and if they did the trick could sell REL and still come out ahead.

Main / Office: Home built computer -> Roon Core (Tidal & FLAC) -> Wireless -> Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 -> Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire (On order)

Portable / Travel: iPhone 12 Pro Max -> ALAC or Tidal -> iFi Hip Dac -> Meze 99 Classics or Meze Rai Solo

For the price, I think it is a no brainer. According to Pierre of Mapleshade, the other sub in this price range to audition is the Gallo TR-1d (make sure it is the latest "d" version). Pierre says it is the most musical sub he has ever heard, regardless of price. I have no idea on that as I have no personal experience with the TR-1d.

Thanks a lot Blake for the feedback! Ill definitely check out the SVS and Gallo TR-1D! thanks for the recommendations. I just want something enjoyable, i dont want the floor to rattle and make stuff fall off the shelves! So i think either the SVS or the Gallo will do a good job, Thanks again!

iMac -> Audirvana+ -> Schiit Modi -> Yamaha A-S500 -> Audioengine P4

8385842343_8df515f1c9_b.jpg

8385667831_6d65cda147_b.jpg

8386757366_960467bedc_b.jpg

8386813068_a68de475a7_b.jpg

8385724905_af2ccd8f74_b.jpg

8386814574_a6ebaf2078_b.jpg

I've finally managed to free myself from the racks full of boxes and tangle of cables. No going back now!

The Sonos is a temporary measure until AIR supports Spotify (for the junior members of the household) and a front-end other than iTunes. The Weiss is borrowed from my headphone rig and really just acting as an INT202 (Firewire/S/PDIF converter) for my Macbook Pro which is currently the main source (removed for the photos).

Pretty happy with the sound but still a lot of fine tuning to do. THE BOSS is pleased though ;)

great setup Struts! Love the Devialet.

great setup Struts! Love the Devialet.

Thanks for the kind words Blake and Chris.

Yes, I'm delighted with it It really is emancipating to be rid of that rack full of boxes at last. The only thing holding me back was that I wasn't prepared to take a step backwards in SQ from my Boulder rig. Well as far as I can tell so far I haven't, if anything the opposite.

Your room is looking really great there Blake. I love the attention to detail and the zen-like symmetry. The view does't hurt either!

Looking back through this thread I see I am not the only person who has been tempted in the direction of minimalism. Loving the understated elegance of Masis' Devialet/Magico rig!

Yes, I'm delighted with it It really is emancipating to be rid of that rack full of boxes at last.

I'm guessing you don't listen to the stuff on the top shelf very much :) Unless you have a ladder hidden away somewhere.

I'm envious that you have such a great room that can be devoted to your hobby/interest. Well done.