IGNORED

Show us your equipment / kit !

I'm guessing you don't listen to the stuff on the top shelf very much :) Unless you have a ladder hidden away somewhere.

I'm envious that you have such a great room that can be devoted to your hobby/interest. Well done.

Thanks Paul but really it couldn't be further from the truth. This room is a combined living space and listening space which I share with four other family members including three junior audiophiles 1.5 - 9 yrs. It is quite a big room however, about 400 sq ft., which makes things easier, however the Ktêmas spend most of my youngest's waking hours in their cloth covers. Franco Serblin doesn't appear to have been thinking of hypercurious one-year-olds when he designed the "spaghetti" grilles.. ;)

Regarding the shelf, of course getting the ladder out of the living room was the main rationale for going hard-disk way back in 2005! It was always my intention/expectation to pack away the CDs once I'd ripped them. I've ripped about two thirds and got to the point where most of what's left might never get played and therefore ripped, the only things I seem to rip these days are new purchases. However I'm surprised how often I pull a jewel case to read the liner notes or check some detail that isn't captured in the metadata.

Given that I need the physical medium to play vinyl but not CD it would really make much more sense to have (at least some of) the former in the listening room and the latter in "archive storage" however that's a another project on my very long to-do list!

• 1 month later...

Compared to some set-ups I have seen here, mine are modest set-ups. Still for me they give endless hours of music pleasure. I have 3 set-ups. Two at home (one in the library and one in the living room) and the third in my office. I live in the countryside with no neighbors (great). I shall post in 3 different posts. First, the set-up in the library at home, more of a music room these days.

Mac Mini 2012, DACMagic Plus, Amplifier Rotel RA 1520, CD player Azur 651 BD, turntable: Technics SL-1200, SSpeakers

Speakers: Klipsch RF 82 + B&W 684, iD100 Digital Dock

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_0930 2.jpg

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

Home:Mac Mini 2012, DACMagic Plus, Amplifier Rotel RA 1520, CD player Azur 651 BD, turntable: Technics SL-1200, Speakers: Klipsch RF 82 + B&W 684, iD100 Digital Dock

This is the second set-up at home in the living room.

MacBook 15, DACMagic, Apple TV, Wadia 171 digital dock, Amplifier NAD C 375BEE

Speakers: B&W 682, Klipsch RB 71

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1195.jpg

Home:Mac Mini 2012, DACMagic Plus, Amplifier Rotel RA 1520, CD player Azur 651 BD, turntable: Technics SL-1200, Speakers: Klipsch RF 82 + B&W 684, iD100 Digital Dock

Last but not least, the set-up at my office. Everybody is connected to the Airport Express so anyone can play music trough the main stereo system. Of course only one at the time so if you come early you get to be DJ for the day.

IMac (Several) - Airplay - Airport Express - DacMagic 100 - Cambridge Audio azur 840 A, Sony FM Receiver. Speakers : Klipsch RF 83 + RB 81

IMG_1204.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

IMG_1205.jpg

Nice setups lusitano! The first setup in the home office/library is my favorite...looks really inviting. The office space in the last one looks like the kind of place I'd like to work! I see some there aren't too thrilled with the DJ of the day and are wearing some cans.

Bill

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Mac Mini->Roon + Tidal->KEF LS50W

I see some there aren't too thrilled with the DJ of the day and are wearing some cans.

Bill

you see how popular you are as a DJ by the number of people using cans. No one is allowed to have personal speakers. The worst days is when the Bon Jovi fans take over the Airport Express. Everybody puts there cans on.

My 2 channel rig with CAPS in the middle shelf... Still waiting on a Paul Hynes power supply then it will be complete...

Thx,

ejn1IMG_8110.jpg

Equipment:

Auralic Vega DAC, Auralic Taurus Preamp, KEF LS50 Speakers, Hypex Ncore400 monoblock amps, CAPs V3, Paul Hynes SR5 (12v and 9v rails), Audioquest King Cobra XLRs, Signal Cable speaker cable, Furutech power and USB cable

I love this forum - keep the photos coming with the details of your equipment. Very inspiring.

Third Floor: AE>Pioneer solid state integrated>Sony PS-x70 turntable>KEF 103.2 speakers

Second Floor: Intel NUC>LampizatOr GA TRP/LampizatOr Integrated Solid State amp>triode wire labs speaker cables & power cord and wywires power cords>vapor über auroras speakers

Old school: VPI Prime Signature turntable w/ Ortofon Bronze Cadenza cartridge and Technics SP-10 mk2

First Floor: AE>lifatec silflex glass toslink>schiit bifrost über>Kimber kable hero RCA>audioengine 5

Nice photo; but apart from the CAPS what's what?

My 2 channel rig with CAPS in the middle shelf... Still waiting on a Paul Hynes power supply then it will be complete...

Thx,

ejn1[ATTACH=CONFIG]4422[/ATTACH]

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Nice photo; but apart from the CAPS what's what?

Hi Audio_Elf,

Amp: Bryston 9BST

Speakers: Aerial Acoustics LR3

Stands: Sound Anchor

Preamp/DAC: Leema Acoustics Elements DAC (run Balanced)

Power Conditioner: Isotek Orion

Subwoofer (out of pic): JL Fathom F112

Equipment:

Auralic Vega DAC, Auralic Taurus Preamp, KEF LS50 Speakers, Hypex Ncore400 monoblock amps, CAPs V3, Paul Hynes SR5 (12v and 9v rails), Audioquest King Cobra XLRs, Signal Cable speaker cable, Furutech power and USB cable

Last but not least, the set-up at my office. Everybody is connected to the Airport Express so anyone can play music trough the main stereo system. Of course only one at the time so if you come early you get to be DJ for the day.

IMac (Several) - Airplay - Airport Express - DacMagic 100 - Cambridge Audio azur 840 A, Sony FM Receiver. Speakers : Klipsch RF 83 + RB 81

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4416[/ATTACH]

what a great way to get people to come in earlier. Very intriguing office - especially your safe, and the sign at the rear of it :P

Compared to some set-ups I have seen here, mine are modest set-ups. Still for me they give endless hours of music pleasure. I have 3 set-ups. Two at home (one in the library and one in the living room) and the third in my office. I live in the countryside with no neighbors (great). I shall post in 3 different posts. First, the set-up in the library at home, more of a music room these days.

Mac Mini 2012, DACMagic Plus, Amplifier Rotel RA 1520, CD player Azur 651 BD, turntable: Technics SL-1200, SSpeakers

Speakers: Klipsch RF 82 + B&W 684, iD100 Digital Dock

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4407[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4408[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4409[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4406[/ATTACH]

Forget the systems....Nice view!.......not sure I'd get much listening in with all that scenery at my fingertips.

Thx,

ejn1[ATTACH=CONFIG]4422[/ATTACH]

We have the same rack! Here are some pictures of my home system, before and after computer audio, I have been in this transition for about 4 months. Moving from such a good analogue system was difficult until I auditioned my current custom DAC, now a lot of times I feel my digital sounds better, although there were some recordings that would still give an edge to vinyl, like Robert Wyatt's Rock Bottom...

System1.jpg

Audio Horizons 3.1svC Web 3.jpg

Audio Horizons 3.1svC Web 4.jpg

Audio Horizons 3.1svC Web 1.jpg

Audio Horizons 3.1svC Web 2.jpg

sl1.jpg

Rack-Up1.jpg

PMC MB2S-A / Event Opal ← Audio Horizons TD3.1Sv custom Control DAC ← Berkeley Alpha USB ← Pure Music + ARC 2 ← MacMini i7 ← PS Audio P5 ← Xentek Extreme isolation transformer. Click here for cabling and other details

Looks great, Guydebord. Your analogue system seems to be no slouch, so I can understand that you have found it difficult to beat with digital. Are you using the Transporter to feed your custom DAC?

All best,

Jens

i5 Macbook Pro running Roon -> Uptone Etherregen -> custom-built Win10 PC serving as endpoint, with separate LPUs for mobo and a filtering digiboard (DIY) -> Audio Note DAC 5ish (a heavily modded 3.1X Bal) -> AN Kit One, heavily modded with silver wiring and Black Gates -> AN E-SPx Alnico on Townshend speaker bars. Vicoustic and GIK treatment.

Looks great, Guydebord. Your analogue system seems to be no slouch, so I can understand that you have found it difficult to beat with digital. Are you using the Transporter to feed your custom DAC?

The transporter and Lyngdorf DPA-1 were replaced by the MacMini i7 server you see in the picture + PureMusic/ARC2 which feeds USB data to the Audio GD DIv3TCXO+PSU, which leaves me with a wonderful spidf signal to feed the DAC. Auditioning the USB/SPDIF converter was also a long process, I tried a lot, finally settling with this one, however I still want to give the Berkeley USB a try.

PMC MB2S-A / Event Opal ← Audio Horizons TD3.1Sv custom Control DAC ← Berkeley Alpha USB ← Pure Music + ARC 2 ← MacMini i7 ← PS Audio P5 ← Xentek Extreme isolation transformer. Click here for cabling and other details

Great set ups and views (Lusitano).

Guydebord- I love the Clearaudio TT set up (that looks like the Ambient model) and the Kharmas. I understand Kharma is getting back into the US market after a bit of a hiatus.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

We have the same rack! Here are some pictures of my home system, before and after computer audio, I have been in this transition for about 4 months. Moving from such a good analogue system was difficult until I auditioned my current custom DAC, now a lot of times I feel my digital sounds better, although there were some recordings that would still give an edge to vinyl, like Robert Wyatt's Rock Bottom...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4435[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4436[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4437[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4438[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4439[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4440[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4441[/ATTACH]

Those are awesome looking speakers! Are they made in NL? I travel there on occassion and need to find a way to listen to them. Indeed nice rack!, I really like the build quality of the Spectral stuff...

Equipment:

@Blake

Those are awesome looking speakers! Are they made in NL? I travel there on occassion and need to find a way to listen to them. Indeed nice rack!, I really like the build quality of the Spectral stuff...

I bought the Kharma's in NL, I used to live there. They have the most amazing showroom I have ever been in, just TOP of the line stuff: Kondo, Audio Note, Behold, FM Acoustics, Vitus, Soulution, Continum Calliburn and Clearaudio Statement TT's and more! Everytime I was there you would be surrounded and plugged by more than 1 million euro worth of equipment, it was insane. The best part is that I could plug and play stuff to test, you should definitely try to pay them a visit, they are in Breda.

For my part, Im moving on to Active Monitors, trying to follow the less is more lemma: DAC -> Monitors. I have never been more amazed by any speaker/amp combo at my price range than with the PMC MB2S-A, Barefoot MicroMain27 and Event Opal which a are considerably cheaper that the other two but are as amazing. I am auditioning the 3 of them and will decide soon which one to keep.

image.jpg

Here is my humble system. I apologize for the poor quality of the images, they were taken with my ipad. Sam

image.jpg

image.jpg

C.A.P. Pipeline, windows pro 10 > Roon > SOtM USB > Keces power supply > HDplex power supply > 4x2 HD Mini DSP > Ayre DSD QB-9 > Naim CDX > ModWright 9 S.E. Preamp > A21 Parasound Amplifier > Magnepan .7 > Augie's Dipole sub, ML sub, DIY sub > Dedicated room with acoustical treatment.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4451[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4452[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4453[/ATTACH]

Here is my humble system. I apologize for the poor quality of the images, they were taken with my ipad. Sam

Cool diffusors! Are they DIY?

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Mac Mini->Roon + Tidal->KEF LS50W