IGNORED

Show us your equipment / kit !

So.... here goes... all the way to you from Albury, Australia.

We moved house earlier into the year after construction finally finished!

The hifi has its own power circuit with upgraded surge protectors etc at the fuse box.

There are a series of Cat6 cables running to the study (right of view in first photo) where the NAS lives.

The high and non-cube ceiling helps acoustics. Can't help the glass, except to have the blinds down...

The floor is a suspended concrete slab with floorboards so not much in the way of vibration through the floor!

Normally the speakers are around 0.5 m forward (had visitors earlier in the day the photos were taken).

Since the photos, the old DVD player finally seized up and is now a Samsung Bluray / PVR - not much interested in Video. I like being able to shut the TV away - find it a distraction otherwise when listening to music etc.

As you can see, there are a couple of spots left...

Also added a photo from the balcony :)

View distant.jpg

View from couch mid.jpg

View closeup.jpg

View from fireplace.jpg

Sunrise from balcony.jpg

Roon / JRiver with Audiolense XO -> Chord Hugo TT2 -> Cyrus Mono x200 Signatures -> Audiovector Si3 Avantgarde Arretes

My modest rig, tucked away in the corner on an old bookshelf. I mainly listen while sitting at the computer, so I settled on a nearfield setup.

DSC_7196.jpg

DSC_7197.jpg

Roon Rock running on a Gen 7 i5, Akasa Plao X7 fanless case. Schiit Lyr 2, Schiit Bifrost upgraded with Uber Analog and USB Gen 2, Grado RS1s, ADAM A3x Nearfield Monitors.

Hi to all,

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed seeing the systems that everyone has posted. After cleaning off my desk I thought I’d show you my near-field system. The highlight is my 30+ year old mint Yamaha ns10m’s.

The system: WHSv1(NAS)->ethernet->IMAC(parallels)->Windows7->Jriver17->Jolida Glass Dac->Jolida FX10->Yamaha ns10m.

Library: ~12,000 songs ripped mostly in Flac, with some WAV.

Fred

IMG_1547.JPG

IMG_1545.JPG

IMG_1552.JPG

IMG_1553.JPG

Stereo (2).jpg

This is the latest system.

From top to bottom:

VPI Classic I with outer ring, inner weight and Dynavector DV20X2H,

Korg MR-2000S digital recorder,

Audio Research SP-16 preamp with phono stage,

McCormack SST-1 digital transport,

Arcam FMJ D33 DAC,

VPI Synchronous Drive System,

APC power conditioner,

Bryston 4B-SST2 amplifier,

Fostex GZ-2000 planar speakers.

I'm working on a music server, and do like the CAPS. For now, I can play digital files with my laptop, using a Bel Canto USB/SPDIF converter into the AES/EBU port of the DAC. My wife has a newer laptop with USB 2.0 ports, her computer can connect directly to the USB and send 24/96 without any issues.

The McCormack was the only transport that was available when I traded in my Bryston BCD-1 player. It was a great player, but I could see that CD prices are falling rather quickly (at least in some markets) and wanted to get rid of it while it still had good value.

Stephen

your spectral amps and mainly the TAD's are my hifi dreams

That is my dream system too. I have always wanted to have Spectral gear because it is always state of the art. There is no upgrade path once you have Spectral. I heard the TAD CR1's at the last RMAF and TAD's room was the most realistic system that I have ever heard in my 30+ years of being in this hobby. Chris? Are those yours or loans from the companies? Also are you looking at doing any other room treatments or are you happy with the way the room is in its current configuration? I see all of the DAC's setting there but what are you using as your source of your music. I see a MBP at your desk but I don't see a MAC/PC or player with the gear that you have hooked up.

That is my dream system too. I have always wanted to have Spectral gear because it is always state of the art. There is no upgrade path once you have Spectral. I heard the TAD CR1's at the last RMAF and TAD's room was the most realistic system that I have ever heard in my 30+ years of being in this hobby. Chris? Are those yours or loans from the companies? Also are you looking at doing any other room treatments or are you happy with the way the room is in its current configuration? I see all of the DAC's setting there but what are you using as your source of your music. I see a MBP at your desk but I don't see a MAC/PC or player with the gear that you have hooked up.

Hi Lee Harvey - I prefer not to loan equipment from manufacturers. Thus, I purchased my Spectral components and the TAD speakers. Correcting issues with my room is likely the next thing I'll do to my system. The sources are a C.A.P.S. v2 server, MacBook Pro, and a couple other Linux based servers. There is a passthrough hole in the wall that enables me to keep computers in a closet with a USB or AES or S/PDIF cable running into my listening room.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Hi Lee Harvey - I prefer not to loan equipment from manufacturers. Thus, I purchased my Spectral components and the TAD speakers. Correcting issues with my room is likely the next thing I'll do to my system. The sources are a C.A.P.S. v2 server, MacBook Pro, and a couple other Linux based servers. There is a passthrough hole in the wall that enables me to keep computers in a closet with a USB or AES or S/PDIF cable running into my listening room.

You really have a reference system to judge other components. I am very jealous! :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I own a dedicated HomeTheater and stereo setup. The HT will be completed

shortly (work in progress) and i just finished my new stereo system in my

livingroom which consist of the following devices:

Amplifier

- Cayin A-55T (upgraded with KT88 Svetlana winged C tubes, Tung-Sol 12AX7 Gold and very rare Sylvania 5814A "Black Plate")

pana2.jpg

pana3.jpg

Source

- Modified Logitech Squeezebox Touch (Toolbox 3.0)

post-7-1289893546.jpg

DIY LiPo Powered Power Supply for the Logitec Touch

5V-Voeding-Touch-2.jpg

D/A Converter

- Metrum mini nos DAC Quad

MetrumDACQUAD.jpg

Speakers

- Audio Physic Brilon 2.0 monitors

- Audio Magic Genta Stands

- Audio Physic Luna I subwoofer

DSC01599.jpg

DSC01566.jpg

Cables

- Apogee Wyde Eye

- Canare 4S8

1009161409be7cd14f59974f31.jpg

4S8.jpg

How does it sound? To me it sounds dynamically, 3D, huge soundstage and detailed but never to

harsh, very musically. Well here is a short impression and of course in real life the sound is much better but it gives a little impression.

Mine,

Set1.jpg

Set2.jpg

SOURCES| Lindemann 825, Lindemann 820S ● MacBook Pro 2010 ◊ Audirvana Plus ● Acoustic Signature Storm ◊ SME IV ◊ Sumiko Blackbird

AMPS| Lindemann 830, Lindemann 858 ● Graham Slee Revelation

SPEAKERS| KEF Reference 205

SUB| REL Gibraltar G1

POWER DISTRIBUTION CENTER| Nordost Thor

CABLING| Nordost: Valhalla XLR, Valhalla Speaker Cable + Valhalla Jumpers, Vishnu & Shiva ● Light Harmonic LightSpeed USB Cable Split Configuration ● Furutech: Lineflux XLR, Silver Arrows ● Oyaide Tunami GPX-R, Tunami GPX ● Klotz XLR to RCA

• 1 month later...

My minimalist equipment rack:

2012-09-28 11.19.28.jpg

My Harbeth's with the REL sub hiding in the corner, and one of my trusty dogs walking through the room

2012-09-28 11.20.46.jpg

Here is a close up of the Tiger Ebony on the Harbeth's veneer that I love so much.

2012-09-28 11.21.29.jpg

Main / Office: Home built computer -> Roon Core (Tidal & FLAC) -> Wireless -> Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 -> Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire (On order)

Portable / Travel: iPhone 12 Pro Max -> ALAC or Tidal -> iFi Hip Dac -> Meze 99 Classics or Meze Rai Solo

Wow Jay192... simply, wow.

Do give us a review when you have time!

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC