IGNORED

Show us your equipment / kit !

Hello Chopsrr,

Lovely system, well organized and laid out. Better is better. :>}

Enjoy the music,

Richard

Why thank you, Richard! There's still a few things in the plans for this system.

Digital Sources: Bluesound Node 2 w/ iFi SPDIF iPurifier | Roku Ultra NAS: Synology DS215J running MinimServer Preamp: PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC Amplification: NuPrime STA 9 x2 Loudspeakers: Sonus faber Venere 1.5 Subwoofers: JL Audio e110 x2 Remote Control: Apple iPad Mini 2 w/ BluOS Power Conditioning: APC H15 | Blue Circle Cables: Wireworld | AudioQuest | Pangea 

I posted this earlier in the Concero HD thread, but here is is again for this thread. I live most of the year in Shanghai (with permanent home in Berkeley), so I wanted a compact, minimalist, high SQ system that worked with 220V as well as 120V for my apartment in Shanghai.

Macbook Pro ( to be replaced by a Mac mini soon); Oyen Firewire fanless disk drive; Resonessence Concero HD DAC; Adam A7X speakers; Transparent Performance USB cable; Synergistic Research Galileo Basik RCA interconnects; stock power cables and fuses. This seems to be working well, but suggested tweaks will be welcomed. Particularly since I now have the speakers on stands in the living room and these are in front of empty bookcases, maybe some room treatment is in order. Plus power system upgrades - cords and maybe fuses.

Sounds great even now, though very little breaking in to date

photo-19.JPG

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star

Andrew, looks like your work is your progress. ;>} What is it you design?

Enjoy the music,

Richard

I'm an installer for a design & build audio, video, theatrical lighting contractor. It's true the lines between hobby and work are blurred around here.

Andrew Bacon

'if it aint broke take it apart and find out why'

I'm an installer for a design & build audio, video, theatrical lighting contractor. It's true the lines between hobby and work are blurred around here.

It reads organic, functional, creative, immersive. Does one inspire and compliment the other? ;>}

Enjoy the music,

Richard

... I live most of the year in Shanghai (with permanent home in Berkeley), so I wanted a compact, minimalist, high SQ system that worked with 220V as well as 120V for my apartment in Shanghai.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7468[/ATTACH]

Sounds as though it fits your needs well. That is an amazing view, btw.

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob

....just an "ON" switch, Please!

I posted this earlier in the Concero HD thread, but here is is again for this thread. I live most of the year in Shanghai (with permanent home in Berkeley), so I wanted a compact, minimalist, high SQ system that worked with 220V as well as 120V for my apartment in Shanghai.

Macbook Pro ( to be replaced by a Mac mini soon); Oyen Firewire fanless disk drive; Resonessence Concero HD DAC; Adam A7X speakers; Transparent Performance USB cable; Synergistic Research Galileo Basik RCA interconnects; stock power cables and fuses. This seems to be working well, but suggested tweaks will be welcomed. Particularly since I now have the speakers on stands in the living room and these are in front of empty bookcases, maybe some room treatment is in order. Plus power system upgrades - cords and maybe fuses.

Sounds great even now, though very little breaking in to date

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7468[/ATTACH]

Looks great!....get those Adams up off of the desktop with the midpoint between the ribbon and woofer at ear level and things will really open up for you.

Well here's my system, recently updated with a Compaq laptop running Windows 8 Pro and JRiver v18. From there is a 2 meter length of Wireworld Ultraviolet to a freshly upgraded Schiit Bifrost. The upgrades include the new Uber analog board and a USB2 board (I ordered the Bifrost USB-less originally). The APC, DAC, CD/SACD player, receiver and amp all have Mojo Audio power cables, with the one going to the amp being a ribbon cable.

Speaking of amps, normally I use my robust Monarchy Audio SM-70 Pro to power the NHT 2.9's, but since the weekend, I've been trying out my brother's Dayton APA150 amp. Surprisingly, it sounds pretty darn good! Better than it has a right to, considering its price.

Anyway, enough yacking. On with the pics...

The one and only time (so far) I have seen cable lifts looking good - as does the whole system. We are not worthy!

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

The one and only time (so far) I have seen cable lifts looking good - as does the whole system. We are not worthy!

Thank you, Jud!

I only bought them because I always liked the looks of cable insulators holding up speaker cables, especially these insulators because they are originals straight off of telegraph poles along side old railroad tracks. Not only that, but it cost me the same for all eight of these shipped as three (audiophile ones) would cost, minus shipping!

Digital Sources: Bluesound Node 2 w/ iFi SPDIF iPurifier | Roku Ultra NAS: Synology DS215J running MinimServer Preamp: PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC Amplification: NuPrime STA 9 x2 Loudspeakers: Sonus faber Venere 1.5 Subwoofers: JL Audio e110 x2 Remote Control: Apple iPad Mini 2 w/ BluOS Power Conditioning: APC H15 | Blue Circle Cables: Wireworld | AudioQuest | Pangea 

Received the Lumin a few weeks ago and cannot stop listening. I grew up on vinyl and reels too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7502[/ATTACH]

Interested to know about your furniture for your equipment and records. Love the simplicity.

Third Floor: AE>Pioneer solid state integrated>Sony PS-x70 turntable>KEF 103.2 speakers

Second Floor: Intel NUC>LampizatOr GA TRP/LampizatOr Integrated Solid State amp>triode wire labs speaker cables & power cord and wywires power cords>vapor über auroras speakers

Old school: VPI Prime Signature turntable w/ Ortofon Bronze Cadenza cartridge and Technics SP-10 mk2

First Floor: AE>lifatec silflex glass toslink>schiit bifrost über>Kimber kable hero RCA>audioengine 5

I just love this .. a warm, understated, and modern aesthetic with, I imagine, an SQ to match.

Appreciate that thanks. I've tried to keep it very simple and not take over the open loft space. I sold a Yamaha CD-S1000 SACD player when I got the Lumin and pretty sure I am going to sell the Oppo now too. I just love the way everything sounds now.

Interested to know about your furniture for your equipment and records. Love the simplicity.

Sure thing.

Nothing works better and cheaper for records than the Ikea Expedit series: EXPEDIT series - IKEA

We put together 10 of these shelves ranging in various sizes to store all the records in. It's a pain for sure.

The piece that holds all the equipment was found at Danish Modern L.A., Tambour Door Credenza by Milo Baughman. I don't know much about the designer but sure love the way it looks. Worked out great for all the gear too. Even the color matches the LS50's.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to All,

I am born and bred in Minnesota, USA. Being proud of my State and its technological ingenuity I have put together a system comprised of all Minnesota products. Of course some of the micro electronic components do not find their roots in MN, but their assembly does.

Music Server: C.A.P.S. v2 designed by Chris Connaker and built by yours truly.

DAC: Bel Canto M-Link, and Bel Canto 1.5 DAC

IC Cables: Paul Speltz Anti-IC cables.

Amplifier: Atma-Sphere M60 v3.1

Speaker Cables: Paul Speltz anticables

Speakers: Magnepan 1.7

Computer Software: JRiver MC 17

Notably absent, but which could have easily been included in my Kit include quality products is ARC and Audio by Van Alstine. BTW, this is not a commercial.:)

And, of course, Computer Audiophile originates from MN!

Thanks for looking,

Fred

IMG_1942.jpg

IMG_1902_1.jpg

IMG_1939.jpg

IMG_1940.jpg

Hi to All,

I am born and bred in Minnesota, USA. Being proud of my State and its technological ingenuity I have put together a system comprised of all Minnesota products. Of course some of the micro electronic components do not find their roots in MN, but their assembly does.

Notably absent, but which could have easily been included in my Kit include quality products is ARC and Audio by Van Alstine. BTW, this is not a commercial.:)

Thanks for looking,

Fred

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7678[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7679[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7680[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7681[/ATTACH]

Emmm , emmmm, Good!

Enjoy the music,

Richard

Hi to All,

Thanks for looking,

Fred

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7678[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7679[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7680[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7681[/ATTACH]

Hey Fred! Great system. I love the Made in MN idea. I've always been interested in the Atmasphere amps. Nice to see them in action with the maggies.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Hi Bill - Certainly.

Power comes into the house from the street on the other side of the basement.

I had a very thick electrical cable run from that location to a closet right next to my listening room.

On the other side of this closet are the electrical outlets seen in the photos.

In the closet I have a dedicated power sub-panel with 5 dedicated 120v 20 amp circuits and one 240v circuit.

The entire sub-panel is grounded to a long copper pipe in the ground right outside this closet.

Inside the listening room each of the three groups of four outlets is on its own 20 amp circuit.

Closer to my amp is a group of four outlets with a different circuit running to each pair of two.

The 240v circuit is unused at the moment.

Hi Chris,

I had heard, although maybe incorrectly, that installing a 240V circuit involved an electrical compromise in sound quality.

Have you had a chance to use your 240V circuit or have have you heard differently than I have about using them?

Really great system.

Joel

• 1 month later...

Making the best of the "family" room. Added some Feet of Silence under a glass top from IKEA. Also added the Adnaco S3B powered by Anker battery. Drivers are almost 2' off wall and 3' from sides. Best I can do and sounds great after treating the room.

• qFtOYQrl.jpg

DIGITAL: Windows 7 x64 JRMC19 >Adnaco S3B fiber over USB (battery power)> Auralic Vega > Tortuga LDR custom LPSU > Zu Union Cubes + Deep Hemp Sub

ANALOG: PTP Audio Solid 9 > Audiomods Series V > Audio Technica Art-7 MC > Allnic H1201 > Tortuga LDR > Zu Union Cubes + Deep Hemp Sub

ACCESSORIES: PlatterSpeed, BlackCat cables, Antipodes Cables, Huffman Cables, Feickert Protracter, OMA Graphite mat, JRemote

Indeed, just landed from the East a few days ago!

DIGITAL: Windows 7 x64 JRMC19 >Adnaco S3B fiber over USB (battery power)> Auralic Vega > Tortuga LDR custom LPSU > Zu Union Cubes + Deep Hemp Sub

ANALOG: PTP Audio Solid 9 > Audiomods Series V > Audio Technica Art-7 MC > Allnic H1201 > Tortuga LDR > Zu Union Cubes + Deep Hemp Sub

ACCESSORIES: PlatterSpeed, BlackCat cables, Antipodes Cables, Huffman Cables, Feickert Protracter, OMA Graphite mat, JRemote