IGNORED

Show us your equipment / kit !

Five in executing and now several in enjoying! I only wish I had the hearing I did when I started. :-( The challenge was how to build a shared listening/Living space that could also serve as an entertainment center and be completely open to the outdoors in summer. That introduced the challenge of lots and lots of glass (a real hifi no-no). But through the careful use of drop down curtains and a very large (33 by 27 foot room) the result both looks good and sounds good. Got a lot of help from Magnepan in creating a create surround system as well. First picture is front of room (with Tri-Center), second is back of room with side and rear speakers. All three glass walls open.

Tri-Center Blank Medium.jpg

small.jpg

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)

The challenge was how to build a shared listening/Living space that could also serve as an entertainment center and be completely open to the outdoors in summer. That introduced the challenge of lots and lots of glass (a real hifi no-no). But through the careful use of drop down curtains and a very large (33 by 27 foot room) the result both looks good and sounds good. ...All three glass walls open.

That is phenomenally well-done. If we put an addition onto our house, I want it to look like this.

Yeah, that looks pretty darn near perfect. Job well done.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

First picture is front of room (with Tri-Center), second is back of room with side and rear speakers. All three glass walls open.

Absolutely Beautiful!

@Home: AIFF > LaCie Rikiki 2.5" USB3 > MBP 15" 8GB RAM / Audirvana Plus > ifi iUSBPower > Bel Canto mLink > Bel Canto e.One DAC2.5 > Wyred 4 SX-1000 > Wilson Audio Sophia II

@Work: ALAC > LaCie Rikiki 2.5" > DELL laptop > JDS LABS OBJECTIVEDAC (ODAC) > JDS LABS C421 > Sennheiser Momentum or Sennheiser HD650 or Sennheiser HD25

I finally posted photos of my listening room!

The Computer Audiophile's Album: Listening Room

It looks really nice, comfortable and lots of goodies! To my eyes it looks like a candy store for a kid. :)

@Home: AIFF > LaCie Rikiki 2.5" USB3 > MBP 15" 8GB RAM / Audirvana Plus > ifi iUSBPower > Bel Canto mLink > Bel Canto e.One DAC2.5 > Wyred 4 SX-1000 > Wilson Audio Sophia II

@Work: ALAC > LaCie Rikiki 2.5" > DELL laptop > JDS LABS OBJECTIVEDAC (ODAC) > JDS LABS C421 > Sennheiser Momentum or Sennheiser HD650 or Sennheiser HD25

Finally finished the dedicated room and it sounds and feels fantastic. It's small but it's mine.

Sorry about the quality, have to take better ones at some point when the lighting's just right.

Front of room:

P1020801.jpg

P1020824.jpg

P1020806.jpg

Left side of the room:

P1020831.jpg

P1020820.jpg

Back of room:

P1020822.jpg

Right side of room:

P1020819.jpg

P1020826.jpg

Bill

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Mac Mini->Roon + Tidal->KEF LS50W

I finally posted photos of my listening room!

The Computer Audiophile's Album: Listening Room

your spectral amps and mainly the TAD's are my hifi dreams

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

Thanks for the compliment. If you ever do, let me know as there are still so many lessons to be learned (such as, it looks great when you bury the wiring in the walls, but it sure is damn near impossible to upgrade when you want to -- makes me want to join the "wiring can't possibly matter club"). It is also interesting to see what happens when rather than treating "first reflections" and "rear waves" you can just get rid of them by selectively opening the doors/windows. Then too there are the funny stories, such as when the wife still isn't sure you have met the WAF test and her sisters drop by and say "are you kidding me? Given how this sounds who cares what it looks like..." That was a good day!

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)

• 2 weeks later...

Gorgeous view! But I'm also curious what effect you think that the curved glass doors behind the speakers have on the sound stage and imaging. We have all learned that putting things between the speakers (including big flat screens) is generally a bad idea, but you have almost a centrally focused sound lens. Maybe it would make a bigger difference with omnidirectional speakers? Just curious.

Gorgeous view! But I'm also curious what effect you think that the curved glass doors behind the speakers have on the sound stage and imaging. We have all learned that putting things between the speakers (including big flat screens) is generally a bad idea, but you have almost a centrally focused sound lens. Maybe it would make a bigger difference with omnidirectional speakers? Just curious.

I don't perceive too much effect but it is a 5m radius with room dimensions 10m*5m (window beyond that). I have some MBL 101e's turning up soon so they could be more interesting - got some acoustic panels on the way too. I have the speakers placed on the long wall, and have French doors on the 3 other sides that open just to add to the mix - it should be fun. The biggest positive effect that I got re staging was from mitcho's early blog regarding accurate measurement of an equilateral triangle. Previously I was ~1-2ft off.

Five in executing and now several in enjoying! I only wish I had the hearing I did when I started. :-( The challenge was how to build a shared listening/Living space that could also serve as an entertainment center and be completely open to the outdoors in summer.....

VERY, VERY nice indeed! Congrads!

Bits to analog: Server [i9-10850k; Win10Pro, Roon Core + HQPlayer4 >all DSD256x] -> mRendu -> Regen -> Lampi GG

Analog to sound: ASR Emitter II Exclusive, Battery -> Gryphon Mojo S + 2 x REL G2

Details: Audio System

@ Chris,

Do you have any details on the power running to your room?

Bill

Hi Bill - Certainly.

Power comes into the house from the street on the other side of the basement.

I had a very thick electrical cable run from that location to a closet right next to my listening room.

On the other side of this closet are the electrical outlets seen in the photos.

In the closet I have a dedicated power sub-panel with 5 dedicated 120v 20 amp circuits and one 240v circuit.

The entire sub-panel is grounded to a long copper pipe in the ground right outside this closet.

Inside the listening room each of the three groups of four outlets is on its own 20 amp circuit.

Closer to my amp is a group of four outlets with a different circuit running to each pair of two.

The 240v circuit is unused at the moment.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png