IGNORED

Show us your equipment / kit !

Great sound? Beautiful to behold (appearance)? As my grand ma would say, "What's not to like". As I have said often, Music's the thing and the equipment seduces. Well done Oscar. Bravo!

Use it in good health.

Best,

Richard

Thank you very much, Richard. Without doubt, MUSIC is THE THING.

cheers,

Oscar

MBP 2012 ML 10.8.3 16 Gb and itunes 10.7 > Amarra Symphony with IRC, A+, PM> Tellurium Q Black Diamond USB + AQmicroUSB adaptor> Chord Hugo> Zensati #3 RCA > McIntosh C2500 preamp> Atlas Mavros XLR> McIntosh MC452 amplifier >Atlas Mavros speaker cable > Focal Scala Utopia > Ears > Brain > Enjoyment

Essential Audiotools Filtered Mains Multiplier/Sablon Audio Gran Corona

Analogue:Clearaudio master solution+SME V+Benz micro LP-S+Clearaudio Sixtream phono cable

HP: Ipod Classic 160Gb>Centrance Hifi-M8>Audeze LCD-X/Audeze LCD-XC

Hi everybody! This is my first post here, I just joined the community and I’ve to say that I’m very impressed of what I’ve seen so far!!!! I envy of most of the setups that I’ve seen ;-). I’m also new at the “audiophile” world, I just finished my first setup for listening music, and I can tell that although is by far less impressive of all the kits showed here at the thread, I can hear a huge improvement compared with my previous sound system (a compact Samsung audio system)…

Here’s my setup:

MacMini 2010 (with optical unit), 8Gb RAM, Mountain Lion, Music storaged at a Firewire 800 HDD

Audirvana (iTunes integrated mode)

DAC: Dacmagic 100 from Cambridge Audio (connected via USB)

Amplifier; hybrid amplifier Carot One – Ernestolo

Airport Express connected to the DAC via Toslink (to stream via AirPlay)

Speakers: Polk Audio Monitor 35B

As you can see, it is not the fanciest, but that’s what I can afford (at least today…), I built it after looking several options at internet and adjusted them to my budget…

More than show my gear I would like to hear some comments about the setup I chose, from all the experts out there!

Thanks in advance!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6210[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6211[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6213[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6214[/ATTACH]

I am impressed with your cable management...no dangling wires, no serious mess....Very nicely done. If it sounds as good as it looks you have a winner there.

I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you any understanding – Samuel Johnson

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, An updated pic with new gear and speakers.... Audio Physic Virgo 25 Speakers, Auralic Vega DAC, Auralic Taurus Pre, Audioquest King Cobra XLR...

ejn1

20130818-Stereo Room-21940.jpg

20130818-Stereo Room-21934.jpg

Equipment:

Auralic Vega DAC, Auralic Taurus Preamp, KEF LS50 Speakers, Hypex Ncore400 monoblock amps, CAPs V3, Paul Hynes SR5 (12v and 9v rails), Audioquest King Cobra XLRs, Signal Cable speaker cable, Furutech power and USB cable

Hi all, An updated pic with new gear and speakers.... Audio Physic Virgo 25 Speakers, Auralic Vega DAC, Auralic Taurus Pre, Audioquest King Cobra XLR...

ejn1

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7164[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7167[/ATTACH]

Looks lovely! Assume it sounds as good. Enjoy the music in good health. Music's the thing; the equipment seduces.

Best,

Richard

Looks lovely! Assume it sounds as good. Enjoy the music in good health. Music's the thing; the equipment seduces.

Best,

Richard

Thanks Richard!

Equipment:

Auralic Vega DAC, Auralic Taurus Preamp, KEF LS50 Speakers, Hypex Ncore400 monoblock amps, CAPs V3, Paul Hynes SR5 (12v and 9v rails), Audioquest King Cobra XLRs, Signal Cable speaker cable, Furutech power and USB cable

ejn1

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7164[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7167[/ATTACH]

Looks so nice...I bet it sounds very good.

Enjoy it!

Oscar

MBP 2012 ML 10.8.3 16 Gb and itunes 10.7 > Amarra Symphony with IRC, A+, PM> Tellurium Q Black Diamond USB + AQmicroUSB adaptor> Chord Hugo> Zensati #3 RCA > McIntosh C2500 preamp> Atlas Mavros XLR> McIntosh MC452 amplifier >Atlas Mavros speaker cable > Focal Scala Utopia > Ears > Brain > Enjoyment

Essential Audiotools Filtered Mains Multiplier/Sablon Audio Gran Corona

Analogue:Clearaudio master solution+SME V+Benz micro LP-S+Clearaudio Sixtream phono cable

HP: Ipod Classic 160Gb>Centrance Hifi-M8>Audeze LCD-X/Audeze LCD-XC

Beautiful, clean looking and undoubtedly great sounding setup ejn1! I have the Auralic Vega as well but I run it through a Marantz PM-KI integrated amp. The synergy with the Auralic Taurus Pre must be something special.

Esau

Thanks Esau.... I've been really happy with the sound. The Pre indeed is a special match with the Vega and really sounds amazing especially at low volumes. Are you liking the Vega?

Equipment:

Gorgeous .. and they wonder what the appeal is! Good listening ejn1.
Thanks Melvin and Oscar... Much appreciated. The rack is a Spectral Rack which I have been really happy with the look. Oh, and the sound :) I don't have the comparisons that some of you have but its been the best 2 channel that I've ever owned. When the speakers broke in a bit, they really started to shine.

ps Oscar, that turntable along with the Mac's is awesome!

Equipment:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7184[/ATTACH]
Merryvale, your pre reminds me of my BK Ref 20 that I used to have. A great piece of kit!

Equipment:

Merryvale, your pre reminds me of my BK Ref 20 that I used to have. A great piece of kit!

Thanks! I got it lightly used from AudiogoN and it's been rock solid. The other day I blew the dust out of it and cleaned all the contacts just to be nice to it.

amd fx-4100 pc (jriver 18/wasapi) • schiit bifrost (uber analog) • b&k pt5 • anthem pva2 • quad 11L

unique products glass toslink • audioquest sidewinder analog • canare 4s11 • pangea pc • panamax mr4000

dds2.jpg

Got new stands, filled them with 36 lbs of sand. They are better foundation for my speakers and any future bookshelf speakers...

amd fx-4100 pc (jriver 18/wasapi) • schiit bifrost (uber analog) • b&k pt5 • anthem pva2 • quad 11L

unique products glass toslink • audioquest sidewinder analog • canare 4s11 • pangea pc • panamax mr4000

My equipment cf. My signature. It is cheaper than any kind of a " bourn-out" but help me to relax every day.

Digital Sources: MacBook 8GB / 512GB internal SSD, iTunes 12.0.1.26, OS X 10.10 El Capitan, Amarra Symphony iRC 3.0.3 and Pure Music 2.0, Weiss DAC 202 Firewire, Creek Destiny CD,

Analog Sources: Transrotor FatBob Turntable with SME M2-9 tonearm and Benz ACE-L MC cartridge

Preamplification: McIntosh C500T Tube preamplifier; Clearaudio Balance+ Phono preamplifier (balanced);

Power amplifier: McIntosh MC452 Stereo

Loudspeaker: B&W 802 Diamond

Cables:

AC: Audioplan power conditioning and 5x Audioplan Power Cable, 1 Shunyayta power cable, 1 Audio Pro power cable

Kimber KS 1130 XLR between Phonostage and pre-amplifier, Speakercable Kimber 3033 incl. Kimber BiFocal Bi-wiring- adapter, Audiopro Advanced Listening 3 XLR, 1 digital SPDIF cable CD to DAC, Firewire MacBook to DAC Kubala-Sosna,

Accessories: room treated with accoustic elements from r-t-f-s, Hannl Mera Vinyl Record Cleaner; 5x bFly Audioabsorber, Creative equipment rack

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7340[/ATTACH]

Got new stands, filled them with 36 lbs of sand. They are better foundation for my speakers and any future bookshelf speakers...

Very nice merryvale .. a nice clean, simple, and uncluttered look. The new stands look great! I bet this sounds good too. I had my eye on those Quads a few years ago.

Very nice merryvale .. a nice clean, simple, and uncluttered look. The new stands look great! I bet this sounds good too. I had my eye on those Quads a few years ago.

I join Melvin and the others in their comments. I know about the good feeling that accompanies a synergy that works for the betterment of one's system. As soon as I placed my KEF X300A on stands I was ready for what came next. And I imaginrpe that would be,

Enjoy the music,

Richard

In the kitchen of my (old) Mum.

atb

Ronnie.

You've got a new Mum? What've you done with the old one?!

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Well here's my system, recently updated with a Compaq laptop running Windows 8 Pro and JRiver v18. From there is a 2 meter length of Wireworld Ultraviolet to a freshly upgraded Schiit Bifrost. The upgrades include the new Uber analog board and a USB2 board (I ordered the Bifrost USB-less originally). The APC, DAC, CD/SACD player, receiver and amp all have Mojo Audio power cables, with the one going to the amp being a ribbon cable.

Speaking of amps, normally I use my robust Monarchy Audio SM-70 Pro to power the NHT 2.9's, but since the weekend, I've been trying out my brother's Dayton APA150 amp. Surprisingly, it sounds pretty darn good! Better than it has a right to, considering its price.

Anyway, enough yacking. On with the pics...

p1766897104-4.jpg

p1755397222-4.jpg

p1783501452-4.jpg

p1689476042-4.jpg

Digital Sources: Bluesound Node 2 w/ iFi SPDIF iPurifier | Roku Ultra NAS: Synology DS215J running MinimServer Preamp: PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC Amplification: NuPrime STA 9 x2 Loudspeakers: Sonus faber Venere 1.5 Subwoofers: JL Audio e110 x2 Remote Control: Apple iPad Mini 2 w/ BluOS Power Conditioning: APC H15 | Blue Circle Cables: Wireworld | AudioQuest | Pangea 

Well here's my system, recently updated with a Compaq laptop running Windows 8 Pro and JRiver v18. From there is a 2 meter length of Wireworld Ultraviolet to a freshly upgraded Schiit Bifrost. The upgrades include the new Uber analog board and a USB2 board (I ordered the Bifrost USB-less originally). The APC, DAC, CD/SACD player, receiver and amp all have Mojo Audio power cables, with the one going to the amp being a ribbon cable.

Speaking of amps, normally I use my robust Monarchy Audio SM-70 Pro to power the NHT 2.9's, but since the weekend, I've been trying out my brother's Dayton APA150 amp. Surprisingly, it sounds pretty darn good! Better than it has a right to, considering its price.

Anyway, enough yacking. On with the pics...

p1766897104-4.jpg

p1755397222-4.jpg

p1783501452-4.jpg

p1689476042-4.jpg

Hello Chopsrr,

Lovely system, well organized and laid out. Better is better. :>}

Enjoy the music,

Richard