IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I just made some adjustments to the server. Please let me know if you see any difference in performance.

Performance is good again, but I don't think there are many people active right now.  Once again, the expanded view of the activity stream is showing the entire post instead of a truncated version.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

2 hours ago, rickca said:

Performance is good again, but I don't think there are many people active right now.  Once again, the expanded view of the activity stream is showing the entire post instead of a truncated version.

I'm seeing that as well, but not on the first page, only on posts added by clicking the "load more activity" button.

Malware warning

Many forum topics are getting spammed with links to malware called Magento.  The spammer is using multiple account names, including aliceta and Uyen1995.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

47 minutes ago, Bob Stern said:

Many forum topics are getting spammed with links to malware called Magento.

Wonder if that’s a misspelling of supervillain Magneto.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Can someone explain to me how to cancel an initial reply, especially if it has a quote in it. I have looked everywhere and it just is not obvious. The unsent reply will follow me even if I close my browser and go back in to CA...

Is there a "cancel" button that I am missing?

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

2 minutes ago, mourip said:

Can someone explain to me how to cancel an initial reply, especially if it has a quote in it. I have looked everywhere and it just is not obvious. The unsent reply will follow me even if I close my browser and go back in to CA...

Is there a "cancel" button that I am missing?

Ctrl-A or Alt-A (depends on browser/OS) to select all, then hit backspace or delete.

Chris, we keep getting these reversions on the site.  Once again, I'm seeing the full post in the expanded view of the activity stream, rather than a truncated version.  I'm using Chrome on Windows 10.

Yesterday, I somehow lost my login.  I was signed in, but I couldn't post anything.  

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

Just now, rickca said:

Chris, we keep getting these reversions on the site.  Once again, I'm seeing the full post in the expanded view of the activity stream, rather than a truncated version.  I'm using Chrome on Windows 10.

Yesterday, I somehow lost my login.  I was signed in, but I couldn't post anything.  

This is strange. Nothing has changed since the last little issue. I've left it all static. 

I'll see if I can track it down.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Chris, performance has totally gone to pot around 1:45 ET today.

Are you using Comcast?

Yes, I use Comcast but there's no outage in my area.  Thanks.

5 hours ago, One and a half said:

Still receiving full posts instead of truncated especially after viewing more activity. 

On Android or Chrome. 

Hmmm. Trying to replicate this, but I can't. I logged in with your account even, but everything looked good from a Mac.

Are you using Android and Chome OS?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Can't replicate using Android with the Chrome browser.

I certainly see it with Chrome browser on Android tablet. A profile post between marce > johnseye came up yesturday in the activity feed which do not seem to fit in.

Just to be clear. Most of the posts are compact, but is seems that the full posts are something that should've be there at all.

🎛️  Audio System  

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hmmm. Trying to replicate this, but I can't. I logged in with your account even, but everything looked good from a Mac.

Are you using Android and Chome OS?

Yes, Chrome on Android and Chrome on Windows 10. The expanded is two lines maximum for the initial activity (discover page) then soon as the list more activity button, randomly posts are their full length.

Can duplicate behaviour with Edge on Windows 10.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

12 hours ago, One and a half said:

The expanded is two lines maximum for the initial activity (discover page) then soon as the list more activity button, randomly posts are their full length.

Yes!  I am seeing exactly the same thing.

Hi Chris:

About 3 days ago I stopped receving e-mail notifications of new posts to the threads I follow and have set for instant notification.

And if it helps for you to track the problem, I think even notification of member PMs are not being sent. (And no, nothing is getting stuck in my ISP's SPAM filter and I have not changed my e-mail address.)

Please let me know if you can find anything out about this.  Anyone else here experiencing lack of e-mail notices?

Thanks,

--Alex C.

1 hour ago, Superdad said:

Hi Chris:

About 3 days ago I stopped receving e-mail notifications of new posts to the threads I follow and have set for instant notification.

And if it helps for you to track the problem, I think even notification of member PMs are not being sent. (And no, nothing is getting stuck in my ISP's SPAM filter and I have not changed my e-mail address.)

Please let me know if you can find anything out about this.  Anyone else here experiencing lack of e-mail notices?

Thanks,

--Alex C.

Are you getting the non-email notifications in the upper right part of the site?