IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

Hi Guys, two quick updates about the site.

1. I just removed analytics tracking code for the entire site. 

2. There are major site upgrades coming. We need to stay current in order to obtain support in a crunch, so we will have to upgrade soon. I will try to keep the front end changes to a minimum and enable only the features that improve the site experience. Just an FYI for now. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Just wait until IOS 14 (or whatever they call it) is released for Apple products.  DACs will die, SONUS, BlueSound and other streamers will not be able to find your music and people will bitch.  Just like the last time.   And the time before.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

5 hours ago, NOMBEDES said:

Just wait until IOS 14 (or whatever they call it) is released for Apple products.  DACs will die, SONUS, BlueSound and other streamers will not be able to find your music and people will bitch.  Just like the last time.   And the time before.

Funny I just read an article from a financial analyst predicting that Apple will buy Sonos.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

20 hours ago, rickca said:

Funny I just read an article from a financial analyst predicting that Apple will buy Sonos.

Could be a good direction for Apple, might nudge them toward better audio support!

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

@The Computer Audiophile -- i would love to see the "ignore" thread button have a bit more teeth to it.  currently, the thread keeps showing up in the list of threads in a sub-forum and it causes a given sub-forum to show unread threads (bold in the list of sub-forums) even if the only one that is unread was ignored.

it would be great if ignored threads could be treated like ignored users -- when you click on your handle, it would appear in the list of options under settings (like ignored users does) and be managed there.  otherwise, it appears nowhere else.

not sure if possible, but thought i'd bring it up.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
On 6/25/2020 at 1:49 PM, jcn3 said:

@The Computer Audiophile -- i would love to see the "ignore" thread button have a bit more teeth to it.  currently, the thread keeps showing up in the list of threads in a sub-forum and it causes a given sub-forum to show unread threads (bold in the list of sub-forums) even if the only one that is unread was ignored.

it would be great if ignored threads could be treated like ignored users -- when you click on your handle, it would appear in the list of options under settings (like ignored users does) and be managed there.  otherwise, it appears nowhere else.

not sure if possible, but thought i'd bring it up.

Thanks for the feedback. I’m with you on this. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys, the update is pretty much done. I expect some issues as is usual with this stuff. 

Please let me know what problems you see or functionality that seems to be missing since the upgrade. 

I may need to reboot the servers a couple times to do some behind the scenes stuff, but that shouldn't take more than a minute each time.

Thanks for your patience. 

It sucks Chris.  Everything sucks.  The formatting, the entirety of changes you made.  x-D

Seriously though, not sure I like a number of things.  Most prominently is the missing button to return to top of page. Going to check a PM or switch to another part of the site was heavily impacted.  

"My Clubs" panel is an eyesore.  

1 minute ago, rando said:

It sucks Chris.  Everything sucks.  The formatting, the entirety of changes you made.  x-D

Seriously though, not sure I like a number of things.  Most prominently is the missing button to return to top of page. 

"My Clubs" panel is an eyesore.  

I'm working on the return to top of page button and removing the my clubs panel. I'm with you.

Thanks.  

Club panel is your call, it's your site after all.

Overall the site seems very responsive.  Almost too much so.  I received two notifications simultaneously and thought I was clicking on yours.  Only to discover there was a second I was taken to.  Which caused a few seconds of confusion.  You might need to do some tweaking.  Though I doubt this will happen often, it happened immediately.

1 minute ago, rando said:

Thanks.  

Club panel is your call, it's your site after all.

Overall the site seems very responsive.  Almost too much so.  I received two notifications simultaneously and thought I was clicking on yours.  Only to discover there was a second which caused a few seconds of confusion.  You might need to do some tweaking.  Though I doubt this will happen often, it happened immediately.

The Club panel bugs me too. Do you only see it on the main clubs page?

Chris, I get the motivations for summarizing notification emails (...) but any chance for premium subscribers to get the full contents?  I mainly keep up with conversations through email, and click through when I have something to contribute.  Alas, I'm having to click through on pretty much every notification (which isn't going to happen)

image.thumb.png.9cd2bec210bdb70f6d63b0e280c088d0.png

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers