IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

12 hours ago, austinpop said:

Chris, 

Is it me, or does the site now have a brighter white background than before? Yeah I know, that's a nonsensical statement, but I do find the background fatiguing after a while. 

Did the old version have a hint of grey, or some delineation between elements? 

Maybe I'm imagining it...

Using the built-in Digital Color Meter app on my Mac laptop, I pulled up a Google cached copy of a forum posting before the site change and compared it with the current site design. Both show a background RGB color of hex(255,255,255), which is pure white in both instances.

CAPS Pipeline with HDPlex Linear PSU running Win10 64 bit, AO 2.0, RoonServer, HQPlayer -> T+A DAC8 DSD -> Linear Tube Audio's MicroZOTL2 Headphone Amp with Mojo Audio's Illuminati Linear PSU -> Focal Utopia/Audeze LCD-3

35 minutes ago, EdmontonCanuck said:

Both show a background RGB color of hex(255,255,255), which is pure white in both instances.

Then the black of the text maybe went more black ?

Btw, what possibly could be fooling is that previously (and IIRC) the topic listing of a board (like "General Forum") were white/less white/white/less white - etc. Now they are all as white. But do notice that one could only see this from a wide angle (like aside from the monitor). This one by one a slightly different color has now vanished.

Here is another example:

image.png.770dcf2f00f2a3454d0d3b06b97c79b6.png

If you look dead-straight to this, you may perceive a color difference under the shade-lines, but it is very hard to really see (the shadow line seems to fool you). Now look from aside until you see that the middle part of that screenshot is quite yellow-ish indeed.

These small nuance-differences could be tiring when not there.

PS: Yeah, Chris, I know, I know. I am working on it ... (haha)

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

PPS: There's a difference in the white space between the posts compared with the posts too :

image.png.a43c0a1f526dbabb75d0120d307e000b.png

So Ed, I can imagine that a lot of posts exist to point that color analyzer at.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

On 9/26/2020 at 5:05 AM, austinpop said:

Chris, 

Is it me, or does the site now have a brighter white background than before? Yeah I know, that's a nonsensical statement, but I do find the background fatiguing after a while. 

Did the old version have a hint of grey, or some delineation between elements? 

Maybe I'm imagining it...

It’s much brighter, which I reported here:

If you wonder my report was ignored.

9 hours ago, Summit said:

It’s much brighter, which I reported here:

But it's not according to the Mac's Digital Color Meter.  I think it might be the bold black text that's used for our usernames that might be causing the fatigue. The contrast is a bit much relative to the white.  

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It's now possible!

I have my country flag showing, but it's not required. 

The settings are located here - https://audiophilestyle.com/settings/country/

For now it's just showing in the forum and on the user profile pages. 

Thanks, Chris. 

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

5 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Noting something else in Polestar ... perhaps because I tried to do a sort by Highest Rated, of DACs, the page 1 button didn't work - so, if I was on page 3, and clicked for page 1,  it would refresh- but I still was on page 3 ...

Works on mobile. I’ll check desktop later. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 10/5/2020 at 2:47 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Not currently. We could do it, but so far there hasn’t been many request given the amount of work. 

your site appears to be the same brand/UI as the one dCS uses, or is it just similar?   PS Audio also uses a similar UI..

Dark mode is becoming a must have on almost all UI's now.. even Facebook has gone that way... and I told Qobuz that it would be nice to add, and they said it's a priority for their next major update..

Hopefully more on here will ask for it...  because late night laptop and white screen isn't any good... 

27 minutes ago, 992Sam said:

your site appears to be the same brand/UI as the one dCS uses, or is it just similar?   PS Audio also uses a similar UI..

Dark mode is becoming a must have on almost all UI's now.. even Facebook has gone that way... and I told Qobuz that it would be nice to add, and they said it's a priority for their next major update..

Hopefully more on here will ask for it...  because late night laptop and white screen isn't any good... 

I certainly hear you. There is so much more that goes into a site like this behind the scenes, than a manufacturer’s site that I don’t expect people to know. To create a dark mode is one thing and to support a bunch more code is another. 

As an example, we have one theme available to members of this community and an additional theme available to subscribers of AS. They share the same code base but have tons of different customizations. Every update behind the scenes requires combing through the code on both themes and testing it prior to and subsequent to the update. Dark mode is essentially another theme and would be increased code. 

I’m totally in favor of a dark mode. People love it. It’s good business to make the community happy and it would feel good personally to help the members of this community who are so vital to this site’s continued success. 

If we had the resources of Facebook, we’d have dark mode today. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

As an example, we have one theme available to members of this community and an additional theme available to subscribers of AS.  

How do I access the theme?  I am a subscriber and I didn't see this feature..  

But thanks either way for a great resource...  It's been a valuable resource for me to make the leap into the digital music world. 

3 minutes ago, 992Sam said:

How do I access the theme?  I am a subscriber and I didn't see this feature..  

You're already using it :~)

At the bottom of the site is a theme switching function for subscribers. You're using the Premium 2020 theme. I should also note that this theme can only be made available to subscribers because it strips out all the advertising code and all the code required for the framework of advertising such as sidebars, etc... It isn't something that I withhold from non-subscribers just because they don't pay. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 10.00.28 PM.png

3 minutes ago, 992Sam said:

But thanks either way for a great resource...  It's been a valuable resource for me to make the leap into the digital music world. 

Thanks for the kind words. This is a super smart community. I usually find that when people can't find answers, it's because they either don't ask the right questions or don't keep asking follow up questions. There is always someone around here that's smarter, especially smarter than me. 

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Try switching to the Premium 2020 Dark theme at the bottom. Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone :~)

P.S. It's beta, so expect issues. 

wow, that was quick!  I'd say it's pretty darn close for 60 minutes work 😂..

But I can seriously say... way way more "night time" eye friendly!   Thanks man! 

Just now, 992Sam said:

wow, that was quick!  I'd say it's pretty darn close for 60 minutes work 😂..

But I can seriously say... way way more "night time" eye friendly!   Thanks man! 

It's amazing what you can get done with a laptop battery running down and no power cord in sight. Maybe I need to give myself more deadlines :~)

Let me know how it works and what needs changing. 

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

It's amazing what you can get done with a laptop battery running down and no power cord in sight. Maybe I need to give myself more deadlines :~)

Let me know how it works and what needs changing. 

so far so good...all I would suggest is replacing the color that's white up there with something darker?  (if that's even possible to do), otherwise perfect. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 9.44.35 PM.png

9 minutes ago, 992Sam said:

so far so good...all I would suggest is replacing the color that's white up there with something darker?  (if that's even possible to do), otherwise perfect. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 9.44.35 PM.png

OK, just updated that but it may be a can of worms in that the color may show up in some other places unintentionally. Let me know how it goes. 

P.S. I already see it's appearing in this box as I type.