IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

29 minutes ago, Tintinabulum said:

They do indeed make excellent 5.1 systems, ever heard one? I doubt it. How much of the £40m was installer related?

It doesn't matter, there was no profit, only losses each year totaling over £40m. Giant failure of a company in HiFi marketplace terms, without significant and repeated cash infusion they'd be long gone by now.

I agree the DSP speakers are both very good sounding and were early trend setters, I first heard them in 2004 and they had already been around a while. However I don't think they represent any kind of substantial value, they are quite expensive and so taken in that context, not as impressive at all.

No I haven't heard any Meridian 5.1 systems ever, and that's by choice, I have zero interest in 5.1 in general and that's not at all limited to Meridian product.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

23 minutes ago, Tintinabulum said:

Get a pair of 6ks, get someone to re-cap the PS, possibly other caps. Probably $2500, stunning for the money. 

Hate blinds (and deafens).

Who cares, now your just blathering on about buying used HiFi at a bargain price. Thats off topic in this thread.

28 minutes ago, Tintinabulum said:

List prices are mainly for the brand imaging...

Umm, no...list prices are generally what you'd pay if you walk into a dealer and wish to buy high-end audio brand new in box.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

7 hours ago, John_Atkinson said:

I was recently told by a retailer that he is seeing MQA evolve from push marketing to pull marketing, ie, he now has would-be customers who ask if a DAC they are thinking of buying decodes MQA

Not too terribly surprising given the heavy promotion of MQA in the trade press, I can see some Stereophile or TAS readers having that conversation with a retailer based on that.

That's called FOMO, driven my proclamations of paradigm shifts and new digital eras having been entered... a whole new world being birthed.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, rickca said:

Wasn't Onkyo Music one of the few streaming sources of MQA other than TIDAL?

In their case it was downloads, I don't believe they ever launched an actual streaming service.

Still quite interesting, they are powered by 7digital, could this be a bit of foreshadowing?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook