IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

46 minutes ago, phosphorein said:

I have no objections to reasoned arguments based on a clear understanding of the subject under discussion. Mr. Austin has stated that he does not understand the theory behind MQA and from his writings appears to not understand FT and sampling theory. My first lesson in the classroom was that if I did not understand fully the material I would be caught out. I think Mr. Austin has been clearly shown to be deficient in his understanding. I do not wish him ill, but I think he should be a bit more judicious in his choice of “experts” to defer to.

No one here understands the mathematics from the papers I presented earlier; I'd bet serious money on that. But you're profoundly wrong about "FT and the sampling theorem." You only betray your own ignorance. (Ban me Chris, go ahead.)

Just now, Jim Austin said:

This is what, when pugs box? 

This is why I use the "circle jerk" metaphor a couple of days ago. You have a nice little insular community here, in which you reliably reinforce each other's opinions. Feels good, doesn't it? 

You lack even a little understanding of this community. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 minutes ago, Jim Austin said:

This is why I use the "circle jerk" metaphor a couple of days ago. You have a nice little insular community here, in which you reliably reinforce each other's opinions. Feels good, doesn't it? 

INSULAR???? Dear lord. Unlike the 3 70 year old full time employees of Stereophile...LOL.

1 minute ago, Jim Austin said:

No one here understands the mathematics from the papers I presented earlier; I'd bet serious money on that. But you're profoundly wrong about "FT and the sampling theorem." You only betray your own ignorance. (Ban me Chris, go ahead.)

So it is clear your agenda was to provoke, troll, and look for a banning so you could wear it as a badge of honor then condemn CA for banning all pro MQA operatives. You are incredibly transparent and not nearly as smart as you think you are.

The term pseudo intellectual comes to mind. And you have no clue what science really is.

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I will happily put $10,000 on people (plural)  here at CA understanding the mathematics. 

You’re sparring with people who send rockets to the ISS. 

The term Dear In the Headlights clearly applies..

this is my very favorite example. Lavorgna attempting to interview Charlie Hansen.

Lavornga: uh uh uh. um yeh, uh yeh..nodding...more nodding....it was like watching Mike Tyson and a toddler.

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Reminds me of the cowards who provoke suicide by cop.

I don’t believe you’re a coward and suicide isn’t something to joke about. I was just reminded of the practice after reading your comment. 

That comparison is ... psychotic. 

10 minutes ago, Brinkman Ship said:

INSULAR???? Dear lord. Unlike the 3 70 year old full time employees of Stereophile...LOL.

Ok,....three seventy year old guys.....so JA, likely Herb (the guy who wrote he was broke and overdrawn in his Munich report) so that must leave M. Fremer.  

Sounds kinda freaky/funny when you put it like that.

16 minutes ago, wdw said:

Ok,....three seventy year old guys.....so JA, likely Herb (the guy who wrote he was broke and overdrawn in his Munich report) so that must leave M. Fremer.  

Sounds kinda freaky/funny when you put it like that.

Reichert is an not an employee..believe it or not, he is an artist by trade.

Dudley, Fremer, Atkinson are all that are left..all others are freelance unless someone has other information...

Just now, Jim Austin said:

Sorry, I forgot about your objectivity. 

Chris has objectivity. He has to as owner and chief cook and bottle washer of this site.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

30 minutes ago, Jim Austin said:

Jim, I try to have an open mind but I am unconvinced that you know what the hell you are talking about! The evidence is all there in your Stereophile pieces!

Jim

3 minutes ago, crenca said:

As far as @Jim Austin continuous assertion that surely Bob S and Crave are surely not lying - it has been documented here and elsewhere the various ways they have already lied.  Whether they are lying "scientifically" is a matter for their peers, but we should note that they peers are in no way rushing to defend them.  As far as the product MQA, it has been revealed to be a kind of complicated, multilayered lie.  As Charles Hanson and others have pointed out, Bob as a businessman is a Big Fat Liar, just as Bill Clinton (whom I like and supported) was a Big Fat Liar when he lied about having sex with that young women.  

None of this is extraordinary, in fact it is common.  White Collar crime is so prevalent even well funded government agencies admit they can only begin to scratch the surface of it.  A huge and well watched organization like Volkswagen can lie about things for years, and dozens within the organization support and enable the lies.

What is extraordinary is @Jim Austinstubborn refusal to see any of this...is he a kind of Audiophile bubble boy?  Someone who just wants to see what he wants to see??

“Today, everyone wants to see things in the way that suits them. I prefer not to play this game.”

- Lionel Messi 

I think it is important we all realize that once Atkinson reported on the "Birth Of A New World "(the introduction of MQA was equated with introduction of the CD) and that his "socks were blown off" there was no going back. To back track from that would have been humiliating. Hence, the agenda was set...

3 hours ago, Jim Austin said:

Exactly right. 

image.thumb.png.7381f0814e146e1ac8158d2f82fae6f7.png

Seriously guys?

The more I dabble with extreme forms of electrical mgmt. and extreme forms of vibration mgmt., the more I’m convinced it’s all just variations of managing mechanical energy. Or was it all just variations of managing electrical energy? No, it’s all just variations of mechanical energy. Wait.  It's all just variations of managing electrical energy.  -Me