IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

12 hours ago, Fluffytime said:

I see Scoggins is back aboard the shill-train over on Hoffman's.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/mqa-a-clever-stealth-drm-trojan-ccc-talk.735825/

This may seem counterintuitive to some, but this is Scoggins' way of getting that thread locked or deleted.  It's a well known tactic:  incite your critics by repeating the same thing over and over, tempers eventually flare, thread locked/deleted.

7 minutes ago, Indydan said:

Good point. I find that Scoggins defends MQA very strongly. A little too strongly. 

He keeps mentioning the same talking points over and over again. He also attacks Archimago's anonymity, rather than his analysis. 

It seems OK (for MQA enthusiasts like Lee) for MQA operatives like Peter Veth, to defend MQA using fake identities in forums. But, it's a big problem for these same people that Archimago remains anonymous for personal reasons.

Very hypocritical.

I think you have to give Scoggins more credit for knowing what he's doing in his MQA advocacy.  His continued diss of Archimago is just stoking the fires to get the thread nixed.

11 minutes ago, Fluffytime said:

Would not surprise me one bit. He's already managed to get at least two MQA threads wiped over there.

Recall that one was a thread that pointed to his gushingly pro-MQA Part Time Audiophile article (he created that thread).  I doubt Scoggins wanted that thread deleted (it was).  The thread he's posting in now is critical of MQA, and perhaps in his mind, having that thread deleted achieves some kind of "balance".

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, firedog said:

A bit unfair, I think. ARQ has been consistently polite here and has tried to further the discussion. He hasn't been a fanboy for MQA, unlike Lee. I'd agree that he does seem to have a heightened sensitivity to civility and tone-to the point of possibly not being able to read a post for content b/c of what he sees as a nasty tone.

Fair enough.  I'm still assuming that Quint is speaking for The Absolute Sound here.  Haven't seen any statement from The Absolute Sound disavowing his posts here.