IGNORED

The Worst Songs Of All Time?

We've got the beat . . . When I saw the Gogos play this on SNL, it was like these girls had said, "Hey, let's start a band!" So they started to learn how to play guitar and drums and one month later they had a record.

my baby does the hanky panky . . . sounds like my band back in ninth grade

neals

Anything by the Red Hot Chili Peppers or The Offspring.

Gives me a grating headache every time (and I enjoy punk, metal and other extreme stuff so these two band are not too heavy for me.... Just something about the sounds and vocals produced by those two bands hits a raw nerve).

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

I never liked Paul's post-Beatles stuff. Always preferred Paul Simon. If we're limited to Pauls, that is.

When Paul left John and went with Peter and Mary, it was the beginning of the end. "Land of Honalee"?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

If we're doing wives of Beatles, Linda McCartney wasn't all that good a singer either.

Aw, but to be fair, Linda was an artist/photographer, not a musician. She did not want to play in the band, but Paul insisted. She took a long time to master 3 finger chords. ;)

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Aw, but to be fair, Linda was an artist/photographer, not a musician. She did not want to play in the band, but Paul insisted. She took a long time to master 3 finger chords. ;)

-Paul

I never said she had no talents. The Wings endeavour was still a disaster. Most of their tracks make me cringe.

I never said she had no talents. The Wings endeavour was still a disaster. Most of their tracks make me cringe.

While to me they remind me of high school, and the first real serious dates with my wife to be. I still like skme of those silly lve songs! :)

Robert A. Heinlein

Anything by Yoko Ono

I could never get thru' an entire side of Double Fantasy despite the great Lennon songs on offer. I was really happy to get the digital version allowing me to easily skip past the screeching!

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

I never liked Paul's post-Beatles stuff. Always preferred Paul Simon. If we're limited to Pauls, that is.

Pretty much anyone would agree that McCartney's best work happened when teamed with Lennon and George Martin. But this is a list of the "Worst Songs Evah"! With so many worthy candidates

you're gonna go Sir Paul?

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

Pretty much anyone would agree that McCartney's best work happened when teamed with Lennon and George Martin. But this is a list of the "Worst Songs Evah"! With so many worthy candidates

you're gonna go Sir Paul?

Yup Sir Paul has certainly and deservedly has had his share.

Anything played in shopping malls in December. Or does that not count?

You're gonna go to hell for that. ;)

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

I Wanta Hold Your Hand

Twist And Shout

She Loves You Yea Yea Yea

We All Live In A Yellow Submarine

1964, The Year Rock Music Died. :)

Need I Go On

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

I may not get any friends with this one, but "Born in the USA" is to my ears one of the most stupid songs ever recorded. Two chords alternating with absolutely no variety, no bridge, no nothing just plain boring. Sorry to all Springsteen fans here.

The "art" is in the lyrics, sorry you didn't get it.

I may not get any friends with this one, but "Born in the USA" is to my ears one of the most stupid songs ever recorded. Two chords alternating with absolutely no variety, no bridge, no nothing just plain boring. Sorry to all Springsteen fans here.

Mmm- if you treat the music as just a slate to write on, then the lyrics make a lot more sense. Depressing, but sense.

Born down in a dead man's town

The first kick I took was when I hit the ground

You end up like a dog that's been beat too much

Till you spend half your life just covering up

Born in the U.S.A.

I was born in the U.S.A.

I was born in the U.S.A.

Born in the U.S.A.

Got in a little hometown jam

So they put a rifle in my hand

Sent me off to a foreign land

To go and kill the yellow man

Born in the U.S.A.

I was born in the U.S.A.

I was born in the U.S.A.

I was born in the U.S.A.

Born in the U.S.A.

Come back home to the refinery

Hiring man says "Son if it was up to me"

Went down to see my V.A. man

He said "Son, don't you understand"

I had a brother at Khe Sahn fighting off the Viet Cong

They're still there, he's all gone

He had a woman he loved in Saigon

I got a picture of him in her arms now

Down in the shadow of the penitentiary

Out by the gas fires of the refinery

I'm ten years burning down the road

Nowhere to run ain't got nowhere to go

Born in the U.S.A.

I was born in the U.S.A.

Born in the U.S.A.

I'm a long gone Daddy in the U.S.A.

Born in the U.S.A.

Born in the U.S.A.

Born in the U.S.A.

I'm a cool rocking Daddy in the U.S.A.

Robert A. Heinlein

Mmm- if you treat the music as just a slate to write on, then the lyrics make a lot more sense. Depressing, but sense.

I was never much of a Springsteen fan during HS/college during the 70-80s. But that changed when a friend turned me onto this Woody Guthrie tribute album

https://www.amazon.com/Number-Plays-Music-Woody-Guthrie/dp/B00004SR2K

There are several really well done performances on the album including a powerful, poignant cover of "Plane Wreck at Los Gatos" by Springsteen. Just that one song made me wonder what else I was missing in my ignoring/ignorance of Springsteen's work. Under the hype (and occasionally simple chords) is a wonderfully talented musician/poet.

Born down in a dead man's town

The first kick I took was when I hit the ground

You end up like a dog that's been beat too much

Till you spend half your life just covering up

Born in the U.S.A.

I was born in the U.S.A.

I was born in the U.S.A.

Born in the U.S.A.

Got in a little hometown jam

So they put a rifle in my hand

Sent me off to a foreign land

To go and kill the yellow man

Born in the U.S.A.

I was born in the U.S.A.

I was born in the U.S.A.

I was born in the U.S.A.

Born in the U.S.A.

Come back home to the refinery

Hiring man says "Son if it was up to me"

Went down to see my V.A. man

He said "Son, don't you understand"

I had a brother at Khe Sahn fighting off the Viet Cong

They're still there, he's all gone

He had a woman he loved in Saigon

I got a picture of him in her arms now

Down in the shadow of the penitentiary

Out by the gas fires of the refinery

I'm ten years burning down the road

Nowhere to run ain't got nowhere to go

Born in the U.S.A.

I was born in the U.S.A.

Born in the U.S.A.

I'm a long gone Daddy in the U.S.A.

Born in the U.S.A.

Born in the U.S.A.

Born in the U.S.A.

I'm a cool rocking Daddy in the U.S.A.

I get the story. But would have been so hard to add a third chord at least?

Anything by the Red Hot Chili Peppers or The Offspring.

Gives me a grating headache every time (and I enjoy punk, metal and other extreme stuff so these two band are not too heavy for me.... Just something about the sounds and vocals produced by those two bands hits a raw nerve).

Wwhhaaaaatttt?! You herritic! Blassphemer! To the stake with you! :-)

Btw, My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion.

Synology DS214+ with MinimServer --> Ethernet --> Sonore mRendu / SOtM SMS-200 --> Chord Hugo --> Chord interconnects --> Naim NAP 200--> Chord speaker cable --> Focal Aria 948