IGNORED

The Worst Songs Of All Time?

lasker98

I just received an email from "NPR All Songs Considered" and this was one of the topics:

All Songs Rewind: The Worst Songs Of All Time? : All Songs Considered : NPR

Thought it had the makings of an interesting thread. Funny thing is, off the top of my head, I can't come up with one song to start with. Maybe songs I really dislike don't get listened to enough to remember?

I'd be interested to hear what others might come up with.

Anything by The Archies (Sugar, Sugar). I think with a bit of effort, I could list a top 100. ;)

Just read the article. Some fine examples. Meatloaf, "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" is a great choice.

Just as there is no shortage of cheesy movies to riff, there is no shortage of cheesy music. Of course Cheesy is a sub-genre of Badness and so nowhere near inclusive.

1070957250_Imprimatur.NihilObstatSepia3Crop(2).jpg.2162a44365e84a5df7d456bf8026ed67.jpg

Green Jelly - Three little Pigs. Early 90's metal/grunge spoof. I'm sure it was just to get airplay at the time.

PC/NAS/JRiver/Roon - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - KEF LS50 Nocturne - Rel 328 subwoofer - PS Audio AC5 Power cables 

Cat's in the Cradle, Harry Chapin.

I could listen to it at one time, but now....

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical to EtherREGEN -> microRendu -> ISO Regen -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC -> Spectral DMC-12 & DMA-150 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I think that the ratio of great to good to horrible is highly skewed to the horrible end of the spectrum if you start thinking of all the music outside of the bubble in which you listen.

Mariachi?

A German oompa loompa band?

nearly any hymn

etc...

No electron left behind...

I'd like to add another .. The Joker - The Steve Miller Band:

"Really love your peaches wanna shake your tree. Lovey dovey lovey dovey lovey dovey all the time. Ooh yeah baby I'll sure show you a good time."

Anything from Steve Miller, and we can add The Eagles into that too.

No electron left behind...

Lots of passion I admit. A little bit less vocal skills.. Well, he wasn't a singer after all.

What’s true of all the evils in the world is true of plague as well.
It helps men to rise above themselves.

―  Albert Camus, The Plague.

Lots of good choices so far, as well as some that are more on the surprising side. Probably the most surprising for me is seeing Harry Chapin's Cat's in the Cradle as a choice. I like that song :)

Also good call on the Christmas music. Probably more bad music released for Christmas than all other categories combined.