IGNORED

The Worst Songs Of All Time?

Whitney Houston's version of I Will Always Love. Striking example of to screw up an ok original.

Synology DS214+ with MinimServer --> Ethernet --> Sonore mRendu / SOtM SMS-200 --> Chord Hugo --> Chord interconnects --> Naim NAP 200--> Chord speaker cable --> Focal Aria 948

It's a trick question...There are actually 2 worst songs of all time...

"American Pie" by Don McLean, and

"MacArthur Park" by Richard Harris (which probably explains this one)

Honorable mention to "Cat's in the Cradle"...If that doesn't make you depressed what will...

This was #1 in the UK when I was a young lad:

I've heard that the CIA often used it to extract confessions when waterboarding failed.

Front End: Neet Airstream

Digital Processing: Chord Hugo M-Scaler

DAC: Chord Dave

Amplification: Cyrus Mono x300 Signatures

Speakers: Kudos Titan T88

Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody .

I know I'm gonna get it for this ! lol

One of the best songs ever made?

Synology DS214+ with MinimServer --> Ethernet --> Sonore mRendu / SOtM SMS-200 --> Chord Hugo --> Chord interconnects --> Naim NAP 200--> Chord speaker cable --> Focal Aria 948

Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto

Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto

Mata ahoo Hima de

Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto

Himitsu wo Shiri tai

OMG, that's too funny. I have about 40 albums in my SansaClip with all playing track shuffle.

That song came on about 2 hours ago while I was in the pool and it almost made me get out to change it, almost. LOL

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

I find that even the worst songs have a strange appeal to me simply because they are so bad. For me, I can say most anything by Katy Perry and Taylor Swift is bad but that may be more of a bias against their music than who they are as individuals. But then I find songs like Sugar Sugar (The Archies) and the Brady Bunch theme utterly irresistible in a kitschy way.

But check in again in about the week and I'm sure that'll change.

Sources: iPad Air 3, iPhone 8+, Asus Chromebook C201-PA

DAC/AMP: Hidisz S8, Astell & Kern XB10 Bluetooth module

IEM's: Fiio FA1, Hidisz Seeds, Fiio FH1S, Shouer H27, BGVP KC2, KZ ZS10 Pro's, (and several lesser iem's and earbuds)

Accesories: Various MMCX and 2-pin cables.

-----------------------------------------

Professional pianist, composer - master improvisationist.

We Built This City - Starship

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

Opus - Life is Life

roon ROCK on a NUC Dawsoncanyon

ELAC DDP-2 as roon endpoint and Preamp (also for analog devices, TV, Omtec turntable amp for my Thorens TD2001)

XLR > ATC SCM45A pro

RME ADI 2 DAC Fs DAC/Pre with ADAM Artist5 at PC setup

Grado GH-1 Headphone

How this thread got almost to the end of page four with no mention of "Alone Again (Naturally)" is quite beyond my powers of comprehension.

In the sub-category of "worst song by a great songwriter," I offer up the following:

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant

Depressing on several levels when songs like 'Black Dog' and 'Purple Haze' are playing at supermarket as senior's (that's many of us folks) look through produce for bad spots. Procol Harem's 'Whiter Shade of Pale' is on my list of yucks. With no malice toward the late Karin Carpenter, 'Kind of Hush' is another.

“Lenin wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.” Steve Bannon

Chief Strategist for President Trump and attendee on United States National Security Council.

Wind Beneath My Wings - Bette Midler

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

The entirety of the Rolling Stones discography

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

The entirety of the Rolling Stones discography

Unless this comment was tongue in cheek, you sir, should be ashamed! I've loved the Beatles since I was a small boy in 1964, but to besmirch anyone as talented as the Stones is unforgivable if you truly value music and are capable of appreciating it.

JC

Unless this comment was tongue in cheek, you sir, should be ashamed! I've loved the Beatles since I was a small boy in 1964, but to besmirch anyone as talented as the Stones is unforgivable if you truly value music and are capable of appreciating it.

JC

While I admit my comment was over-the-top, I'm not the tiniest bit ashamed. The Beatles >>>> Rolling Stones. Hell, Wings >> Rolling Stones. The "Stones probably don't deserve to be in this thread but I always change the station when the Stones come on. YMMV.

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

I dislike this song so much that it's even painful to post about it.

Feelings by Morris Albert.

Joel

Lol. Until I moved to Brasil from Canada 16 years ago I didn't realize Albert was Brasilian. This country is full of great music and it managed to inflict this on the rest of the world? Go figure!

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Lol. Until I moved to Brasil from Canada 16 years ago I didn't realize Albert was Brasilian. This country is full of great music and it managed to inflict this on the rest of the world? Go figure!

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Yeah- there maybe some decent Brasilian music, but they're also responsible for Jao and Astrid Gilberto and the whole boss nova crap.