IGNORED

The Worst Songs Of All Time?

Anything by Steve Miller aka The Pompatus of Love.

Why can't you recognize Miller's "Abracadabra" for the piece of awesomeness that it is?

:P

Among others I might name, I have to nominate Manfred Mann's slaughtering of Springsteen's "Blinded by the Light". How did they ever turn this into an overplayed pop song after changing "cut up like a deuce" into "wrapped up like a douche"? smh

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

I wanna reach out and grab ya.

Lyrical genius.

Indeed! Thoughtful poetry combined with an enchanting melody!

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

Barbie Girl by Aqua. As this was a Danish group, it was a hit there first. I heard that drivel there first for 6 months. Then I moved...and heard it again for 6 months as it was now a hit in the rest of the world! Worst musical year ever!

Synology DS214+ with MinimServer --> Ethernet --> Sonore mRendu / SOtM SMS-200 --> Chord Hugo --> Chord interconnects --> Naim NAP 200--> Chord speaker cable --> Focal Aria 948

Lots of good choices so far, as well as some that are more on the surprising side. Probably the most surprising for me is seeing Harry Chapin's Cat's in the Cradle as a choice. I like that song :)

Exactly! Imagine a song you absolutely hate with the heat of a thousand suns, and your spouse/friends all say as you desperately reach to change the channel on the car radio, "Ooh, I like that song, turn it up!"

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Anything played in shopping malls in December. Or does that not count?

It only counts when they play those horrible 90's and 00's 1) re-makes of holiday classics and 2) those even more horrible 90's and 00's "holiday" songs that either have nothing to do with the holidays or have too negative lyrics. Otherwise, I'll take a mall full of 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s and a few 80s holiday classics all day long.

My pet peeve for worst holiday song: "All I Want for Christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey! PUKE!!!

You light up my life....Debbie Gibson?

Utter drivel...

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers