A brotherhood of man

Imagine all the people

Sharing all the world... You...

You may say I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us

And the world will live as one

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Yeah- there maybe some decent Brasilian music, but they're also responsible for Jao and Astrid Gilberto and the whole boss nova crap.

Im going to have to disagree with you there. Bossa nova, as a genre, is great music. Of course, like anything, there is some garbage. It's much better when you speak Portuguese. I'm assuming you don't.

Imagine John Lennon with Yoko Ono

Piece of hippy crap mixed with a crappy melody to appeal to the masses so they can earn big bucks playing on the sentiment side of the listeners.

I have to disagree: the worst Lennon song of all times has to be Hope On Delivery.

(Dis) Honorable Mention:

"Can't You See," The Marshall Tucker Band

"Shannon," Henry Gross

"Rock Me Amadeus, Falco

"Harley," Kathy Mattea

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant

(Dis) Honorable Mention:

"Can't You See," The Marshall Tucker Band

"Shannon," Henry Gross

"Rock Me Amadeus, Falco

"Harley," Kathy Mattea

Please not Falco. I agree Amadeus isn't his best work but there was much worse stuff going on in the 80s than Johann Hölzel. He actually did have some musical talent, unlike many of his Europop contemporaries.

I don't think this is the worst song of all time, but I thought it was worth a mention as it was used by a hifi manufacturer to showcase their system at this year's 'Sound and Vision' show at Bristol (UK). This was Wilson Benesch demonstrating the Discovery II standmount, I think together with the Toros Infrasonic Generator. The problem with this demonstration was the music. OK, we all have different tastes in music, but there were a couple of people listening that got a fit of the giggles actually laughing at how bad the music was. Intrigued, I "Shazamed" one of the tracks, it was "Bohmenian Rhapsody" (so far so good), by the "California Guitar Trio" (oh dear). This is a kind of Spanish guitar instrumental version of the great Queen classic. The point is, there is a limit to how much you can judge a system based on acoustic guitar music, no vocals, no bass, symbols and many other things. This was taking "safe" to the extreme. OK, we all have different taste in music, and I can just imagine some folk might like this stuff, but it the first and only time I have witnessed people actually laughing at a hifi manufactures choice of demo music.

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

Kind of like the 1,001 Strings Plays Every Song Ever Written that you hear in elevators. LOL

That was just sad. :(

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

• 3 weeks later...

I just used Rush's Moving Pictures as a test disc to buy the new Bel Canto 2.7 DAC. I'll give you that the lyrics to the song The Trees is about as corny as it gets.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

"Little Green Apples" sung by O.C. Smith. Don't know who wrote it and don't care. I'm surprised Chris didn't come up with this one.

God didn't make little green apples

And it don't snow in Minneapolis when the winter comes

God didn't make little green apples

And it don't rain in Indianapolis...

I saw a Leo Kottke concert on television where said that he "met the guy who wrote 'Yummy Yummy.' And I didn't hurt him."

OHIO EXPRESS - Yummy Yummy Yummy [i've got love in my tummy](1968)

OMG Yes, they don't get worse than that!

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

OMG Yes, they don't get worse than that!

Sounded fine when I was 9 years old. LOL

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond