IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

9 hours ago, satbox said:

Hi,

Do you know when AO 2.20 will be released? The beta version has now more than 1 year old  :-)

Best.

been using beta 5 for a long time now -- it's rock solid.  definitely recommend installing it.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
10 minutes ago, Blawre said:

I hope the beta 6 works with ASAPI in core mode.

The sound is really spectacular.

Yes it will as Beta 5 did :-)

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

55 minutes ago, jcn3 said:

been using beta 5 for a long time now -- it's rock solid.  definitely recommend installing it.

Thats why it was the latest beta for so long, because it works perfectly fine and no adjustments or fixes where needed at all.

Beta 6 will also have no fixes, but some new functionality.

____________________________________________________________________________________

10 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

Thats why it was the latest beta for so long, because it works perfectly fine and no adjustments or fixes where needed at all.

Beta 6 will also have no fixes, but some new functionality.

yes -- so good it's hard to put the "beta" label on it.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

Hello Folks

There we go again... smile.png

AO 2.20 Beta 6 is ready for download. Please have a quick look at the change log:

Version 2.20 Beta 6
===========================================================================================
AudiophileOptimizer 2.20
- Enables WASAPI in Windows Server 2016 Core Mode (experimental)
- Enables Sound Control Panel in Windows Server 2016 Core Mode (experimental, en-US only!)
- Enables RoonServer & RoodBridge in Windows Server 2016 Core Mode
- Enables TIDAL in Windows Server 2016 Core Mode
- Enables MMCSS in Windows Server 2016 Core Mode
- Support for Windows 10 Build 16299 (Fall Creators Update)
- Support for Windows 10 Build 15063 (Creators Update)
- AO disables automatic maintenance (Win10/Server 2016)
- Roon Support for Windows Server 2016 (Core/GUI)
- Up to 14 more disabled services (All OS'es)
- Enables WDM Drivers in Windows Server 2016 Core Mode
- Update of "Prepare Essentials Edition" feature for Windows Server 2016
- Minor changes and updates
- Ability to disable Cortana (Windows 10)
- Ability to remove Windows Defender (Windows Server 2016)
- Updated MediaPlayer support for Windows Server 2016 Core Mode
- Support for Windows Server 2016 RTM (Standard, Datacenter & Essentials)
- Support for Windows Server 2016 Evaluation (Standard, Datacenter & Essentials)
- Removed Support for Windows Server 2016 TP5 (Standard, Datacenter & Essentials)
- LockScreen disabled for Windows Server 2016
- ActionCenter disabled for Windows Server 2016
- Enables Kernel-Streaming in Windows Server 2016 Core Mode

ServiceTool 2.20
- Support for Windows 10 Build 16299 (Fall Creators Update)
- Support for Windows 10 Build 15063 (Creators Update)
- Important update of the reset feature
- Update of js.cmd and jm.cmd (now exits back into command prompt)
- Reset does no longer disable network bridges
- Shell replacement for JRiver Media Center 23 (x86 & x64)
- Kodi Shell Replacement
- Alchemy Shell Replacement
- HQPlayer NAA Shell Replacement
- Roon and HQPlayer Shell Replacement
  (starts Roon and HQPlayer together, detects x86/x64 HQP)
- RoonServer and HQPlayer Shell Replacement
  (starts RoonServer and HQPlayer together, detects x86/x64 HQP)
- Support for Windows Server 2016 RTM & Evaluation
- Update of Windows Server 2016 WLAN support
- ST does not longer show option to switch modes in Windows Server 2016
  (since Microsoft removed ability to do so)

Setup 2.20
- Enables Device Manager in Windows Server 2016 Core Mode (experimental, en-US only!)
- Support for Windows Server 2016 RTM & Evaluation
- Update of the PDF Guide

Upgrade Instructions:

2018-01-26_102328.jpg

You can find it on our download portal after logging in: https://www.highend-audiopc.com/download

Enjoy it,

AudioPhil

Like Phil has stated this is NOT an AO issue but a Windows Issue with the stack not being ready for network drive mapping at login.

In the Registry you change the Shell manually to use your batch file.  You then change back to default shell using Service Tool - or manually if you perfer.  Google search for  "change default shell in windows".  You would change explorer.exe to your batch file path and name.

Here is a batch example for your new shell - a delay of 10 sec, then map a drive, then start a cmd prompt window and then a strike any key pause (remove after testing).

timeout /t 10
net use <drive letter>: \\machine name\path   

Start "" "c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe"

Start "" "any other programs you want to run"

pause   <- take this out later - allows you to see if you have any errors before the screen closes.

Look up the commands "Timeout" "Net Use" and "Start" for more information and correct syntax when using them.

To answer this question i even posted a screenshot of the upgrade section of the PDF guide. :)

NO, it is not needed. Just run setup.exe as described in the manual.

Best,

AudioPhil

6 hours ago, dtb300 said:

Like Phil has stated this is NOT an AO issue but a Windows Issue with the stack not being ready for network drive mapping at login.

In the Registry you change the Shell manually to use your batch file.  You then change back to default shell using Service Tool - or manually if you perfer.  Google search for  "change default shell in windows".  You would change explorer.exe to your batch file path and name.

Here is a batch example for your new shell - a delay of 10 sec, then map a drive, then start a cmd prompt window and then a strike any key pause (remove after testing).

timeout /t 10
net use <drive letter>: \\machine name\path   

Start "" "c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe"

Start "" "any other programs you want to run"

pause   <- take this out later - allows you to see if you have any errors before the screen closes.

Look up the commands "Timeout" "Net Use" and "Start" for more information and correct syntax when using them.

If I understood correctly, Phil would add the map in the tool.
Yes, this procedure has been used for a long time and works.
19 hours ago, antonyb said:

If I understood correctly, Phil would add the map in the tool.
Yes, this procedure has been used for a long time and works.

This is totally up to Phil to code or not.   

The only thing I would suggest is adding another command to Service Tool Shell Replacement to enter your own shell command (like a path to a batch file) instead of having to use Registry. 

I already use .REG file(s) for changing my shell (less keystrokes) and in just a double-click & reboot,  & my shell is set to a batch file, or the default shell (another .REG).   But again the user would need to create your own batch/reg file(s).  

AO makes changes to the OS for us, we as users do additional changes with available Windows tools.  Again just MO.

Phil will make the final choice - obviously.

Hello all

Adding delays for many of the shell replacements is on my list. I think it's a good thing to do and we'll definitely see that in a future version of AO. We'll probably not see that in the public release of 2.20, but pretty sure in the beta phase and final release of the next version.

Best,

AudioPhil

Thanks for the update Phil

Could I please ask if I should have removed Fidelizer Pro 8 prior to installing the update. I left Fidelizer running and the update was not problematic in any way although I wondered if I should have Been Fidelizer free before updating AO

Secondly, I am currently running WS2016 on both my audio PC and control PC. I have it set up in GUI mode and would like to try core mode. Given my limited knowledge, is there a tutorial to setup audio apps in WS2016 core to which I might refer?