IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

Isn't NAS is setup in the Jriver Media Server menu (Import From Single folder)?  Or if you use Roon, then just go into Roon and make it point to your NAS (I do it on the iPad when the server running RoonServer).

(Audio)

PS: I strongly recommend running your content from the Window Server 2016 PC instead of getting it from the NAS.

1 hour ago, bodiebill said:

share folder, for example N:\ by typing this from command line:
net share <name of shared folder>=N:\

Do I have to map it first? How do you know N?

1 hour ago, Audio said:

Isn't NAS is setup in the Jriver Media Server menu (Import From Single folder)?  Or if you use Roon, then just go into Roon and make it point to your NAS (I do it on the iPad when the server running RoonServer).

(Audio)

PS: I strongly recommend running your content from the Window Server 2016 PC instead of getting it from the NAS.

I tried in several ways, I can not.
So better than the tracks are on the server instead of the NAS?

I've mapped this way:
net use x: \\Nas\iso_volume\Audiophile /user:admin PASSWORD /persistent:Yes

It works, the tablet connects to the server, finds the tracks that are in the folder specified by me but unfortunately if I restart windows core the tablet connects but the track does not seem to tell me resume.

I've mapped it again and it works but if restart does not work.

Why do you miss the map?
What was wrong with me?

Nothing wrong with you.

The network stack is not ready to map the drives right after logon because Windows Server in Core (sometimes) boots so quickly. 

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

The boot process and the logon happens so fast that when the system tries to map the network drives the network connection is not yet functional since not all drivers are loaded at that point.

wait longer to login, this should help

____________________________________________________________________________________

You could create a batch file with a delay at the beginning which maps your network drive and starts the command prompt and set this manually as shell. Otherwise you should disable Autologon.

I remember having similar troubles with mapping NAS-server-shares to a windows drive letter. When doing this for windows 10,  I always get at startup the error message that de drive(s) are not found due to what Audiophil said above. Under W10 the problem disappears if you click on the mapped drive letter (with a red cross on it). This is not possible for my audio computer under W2016-core where I use an automatic startup for the JRiver server. JRiver starts before the mapping is accomplished and does not recognize the NAS-share. The solution is : do not use windows drive mapped drives in JRiver : use the direct address like :

\\NameOfNAS\NASfoldername\   for the import of single folders or the foldername to be watched by JRiver. In my case that is \\Synologynas\music\localmap.

If the server's network name does not do it, you can use it's IP-Address.

Check my profile for my audiosystem.

@antonyb

If I look on my NAS (with DSM) what the name of the shared map is where I store my music then my Synology says  \\synologynas\volume1\music. But seen from windows it should be \\synologynas\music. Start a command box and type :

dir  \\Nas\iso_volume\Audiophile

Do you get to see the folder directory? If not try 

dir  \\Nas\Audiophile

Maybe it could be as simple as this? Also : your NAS should have a static IP-address. 

Check my profile for my audiosystem.

11 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

You could create a batch file with a delay at the beginning which maps your network drive and starts the command prompt and set this manually as shell. Otherwise you should disable Autologon.

12 hours ago, antonyb said:

I've mapped this way:
net use x: \\Nas\iso_volume\Audiophile /user:admin PASSWORD /persistent:Yes

It works, the tablet connects to the server, finds the tracks that are in the folder specified by me but unfortunately if I restart windows core the tablet connects but the track does not seem to tell me resume.

I've mapped it again and it works but if restart does not work.

Why do you miss the map?
What was wrong with me?

or add a line with 

ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ip server

net use x: \\Nas\iso_volume\Audiophile  

that make a "pipe" to the server 

18 hours ago, antonyb said:

I was thinking about this ...
How do I write the batch file?

I can not disable autologon ...

It would be nice to integrate this feature in the next AO.

You did a great job PHIL.

Hello

I will make something available in the next beta or full release of AO.

Best,

AudioPhil

8 hours ago, TubeMan said:

or add a line with 

ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ip server

net use x: \\Nas\iso_volume\Audiophile  

that make a "pipe" to the server 

I do not know if I understand correctly, ping works but net use me error.

1 hour ago, AudioPhil said:

Hello

I will make something available in the next beta or full release of AO.

Best,

AudioPhil

Exactly as Phil says !!
I have disabled autologon, I have waited a few seconds and everything works perfectly.

if we delay the jriver service? in win 10 gui I can, in core do not know how to do it.