IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

I see all of your updates are related to the Creators Update.  There seems to be a lot of issues with this and Windows 10 with a quick search and looking for Microsoft support issues.

FYI - AO 2.20B6 supports the Creators Update - see changelog posted in this thread.  I would install this version of AO over existing and it reset AO before exiting.

With all this testing and changing configurations, do you have an image backup in case all your testing *may* make things worse?

For the updates not installing, you could run the Restore Win10 Features from Service Toool then see if your updates install properly.

37 minutes ago, dtb300 said:

FYI - AO 2.20B6 supports the Creators Update - see changelog posted in this thread.

Thanks for your suggestions. 

Beta 5 supported Creators Update.  Beta 6 supports the Fall Creators Update which I am not yet running.  So I should have been fine on beta 5.

Thanks to everyone who has offered some ideas.  Where the heck is Phil?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

On 2/23/2018 at 12:17 AM, rickca said:

I am pretty new to AO and running Beta 5.  Today I looked at Windows Update history and found a bunch of quality updates.

There are 4 that are saying 'requires a restart to finish installing'.  But if I restart the system, they don't get installed.

Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4033631)

2018-01 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4056887)

2017-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4053580)

2017-11 Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4049011)

There are another 2 updates that say 'successfully installed' on 2/19

Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB4056254)

Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4023057)

So how can this happen?  I thought that Windows Update was disabled by AO, so how did those 2 updates get installed on 2/19?

Also, how do I get the 4 updates that are pending restart to actually install?

I know beta 6 is out.  I'd appreciate a quick review of the steps required to move from beta 5 to beta 6 because I've never updated AO before.  I just bought AO in October.

Hello rickca

AO does not automatically disable Windows Updates. But it does so if you choose the option "disable drivers and services". If you had that option switched on its not possible that the updates where downloaded after optimization through AO. But this could have been before AO optimization for example, or you might have just not use the disable drivers and services feature. Difficult to say afterwards...

For maintenance tasks of all kind, simply do a reset using the ServiceTool (st -r). After the reboot you can launch the windows updater, download and install all your updates and do other maintenance tasks if needed. Once done you just do a full run with AO again.

The needed step (its just one) to update/upgdade AO please follow the explanations on page 28 in the PDF Guide :)

Best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

2 hours ago, dtb300 said:

Phil has a full time (intense) job, a full time family, and has been dealing with health issues on and off over the past year. 

I am sure he will post when he can...he always has.

...back alive! was in bed for nearly two weeks. very happy to be halfway able to sit straight again :)

____________________________________________________________________________________

Just now, AudioPhil said:

...back alive! was in bed for nearly two weeks. very happy to be halfway able to sit straight again :)

I'm glad you're better and thank you for answering my question.  I will do a careful review of which AO options I'm using when I update to beta 6.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

thank you :) I always try to be as responsive as possible. But lately this has gotten harder and harder...

BIG THANKS to dtb300 for chiming in!

3 hours ago, ingemar said:

Thanks 300,it's up and running now:D

AO-wasapi does not exist as Windows is looking for a program, cmd, script, etc to execute called that exact name "AO-wasapi", so you received an error. 

The space shows a program to run with a command line argument being added to the program AO, for instance AO -u, ST -r and so on....

9 minutes ago, dtb300 said:

Did you ever try running ST (space) -r or choice "A" in Service Tool GUI, then after reboot, did your updates install?

I'll let you know when I try it.  Right now I'm evaluating a new piece of equipment, so I don't want to change the software yet.

Does any hardware change to your PC require you to use a new license for AO.  What hardware is scanned and considered for a license activation?  If I change my OS SSD to a Optane OS drive does that require a new license?  if I change from wifi to Ethernet does that require a new license?  If I change Ram does that require a license?  If I add a video card for Cuda offload does that use a license?  Curious because one can make a lot of subtle changes to their PC and potentially use a lot of AO license and then the day comes you want to get the processor that can do all HQP filters at DSD512 for a reasonable price and more licenses go.  What is the fee for additional licenses?  Just trying to plan ahead.

You get 5 activation's with your license so *if* a hardware change causes a new HW ID to be generated, you can just get your new code.

Also reading through the AO manual (it is Great Manual) you will see Phil addressed this:

Q: On how many machines or how many times can I use the AudiophileOptimizer?

A: The personal license of AO contains 5 Activations. Generally, only one Activation-Key is needed for one system assuming the hardware does not change too much. Among other factors, the Mainboard, network card and hard drive signature are used to calculate the Hardware-ID. You can either install AO on five different machines or use more Activation-Keys if you need to change your hardware and therefore have to enter new Activation-Keys.

dtb, Thanks I missed the part in the manual about some hardware items that are part of the ID.  I knew we get 5 licenses.  Tweakers can blow thru 5 licenses very easily and still have the same windows software on the machine that activated with the first license.  That changes my plans for next week, I was going to restore my cloned pre-AO SSD to another SSD of same model I now use and then run scripts first before applying AO (and then compare the two), that will cause a second license to be used.  Instead I'll just restore the clone on current SSD and go from there which should allow first license to still be used as no hardware is changed.

I am going to take the plunge and upgrade from Server 2012 R2 to 2016.  I will be using HQP and Roon server on this pc.  Any tips or things I should be aware of during installation or setup?  Thank you and wish me luck!

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

WS2016 Core offers higher SQ than GUI but requires knowledge on using command line to install drivers.  AO is a must imho to successfully install the OS, drivers and optimization tweaks.

If I can do it, you can and will do better.  You'll enjoy the OS and better SQ.  Good luck!

WS2019 Core Datacenter, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer Pro 8.8, MC2XY, IOS app.

2 hours ago, thuandb said:

WS2016 Core offers higher SQ than GUI but requires knowledge on using command line to install drivers.  AO is a must imho to successfully install the OS, drivers and optimization tweaks.

If I can do it, you can and will do better.  You'll enjoy the OS and better SQ.  Good luck!

Thank you...ok got HQP and Roon server installed.  I can play music directly from HQP but I cant play anything from Roon to any of my endpoints like Sonos or through HQP.  I keep getting Transport error.  I have run AO and selected to enable Roon support.  Playing Tidal from Roon to HQP has the same error.  Any ideas?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

35 minutes ago, tboooe said:

Thank you...ok got HQP and Roon server installed.  I can play music directly from HQP but I cant play anything from Roon to any of my endpoints like Sonos or through HQP.  I keep getting Transport error.  I have run AO and selected to enable Roon support.  Playing Tidal from Roon to HQP has the same error.  Any ideas?

I am a dummy....forgot to run AO -WASAPI.  Everything working again!  Looking forward to comparing Server 2016 to 2012

Other components:

5 hours ago, tboooe said:

I am a dummy....forgot to run AO -WASAPI.  Everything working again!  Looking forward to comparing Server 2016 to 2012

Congrats!  Let us know your findings.

WS2019 Core Datacenter, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer Pro 8.8, MC2XY, IOS app.

9 hours ago, thuandb said:

Congrats!  Let us know your findings.

My initial impression is that 2016 is more clear and dynamic.  For me though, since I am more of a wannabe tube guy, the sound may have too much energy and edge.  I am going to have to play around with HQP settings to see if I can soften the sound a bit.  I am curious to hear other people's thoughts on 2012 Core vs 2016 Core.

One odd thing happened last night during a listening session, HQP crashed. I will need to monitor to see if this occurs again.

Other components:

On 4.3.2018 at 3:29 AM, simonklp said:

Dear Phil, wish you all the best and could recover completely at the soonest.

THANK YOU :-) getting better a bit every day