IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Jriver x64 Shell replacement will be added with AP 2.20 Beta 6. hopefully we‘ll see it by the end of this year, otherwise early 2018.

what Fidelizer Bug?

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Fantastic news about beta 6 :@)

I’m still having an issue with it loading in shell mode, I ran Fidelizer on its own and just let 32 bit JRiver start with shell mode start, but since the 64bit came out well after the launch of beta 5, I’ve started it via Fidelizer where it sometimes glitches when starting. It can either bet the Pid.txt file or licensing issue which I think is because other parts are running. 

If I enter task mode when one of these happened and find the fidelizercore.exe file. It starts without a hiccup. Hence about the delay 

Hello

the „pid.txt“ issue is a known bug of fidelizer and has been fixed by Windows X a few months ago. Sure you are running the latest version of Fidelizer?

____________________________________________________________________________________

I’m on 7.10.

oddly I’ve just had a tough time with the latest windows 10 update Falls (Fails in my case hahaha) update where I ended up having to format and reinstall, so I may have missed something on the pip.txt side. 

I know before I updated I was still getting the second issue, hence why I tried to update. 

Was as a nightmare to be truthful, ended up deleting the wrong partition, then somehow ended up formatting another partition. Then the horror story carried on with a weird download from Microsoft which somehow installed home. Thought it was odd when my Win10 key didn’t work. Four attempt and two different computers with the download.  

Sounds better now though that’s it’s back up and running, although I don’t want to go though that again. Never had anything like that happen before and I’ve been doing it for almost 20 years. Hey you have to have the bad ones to appreciate the other days. hahaha

I’d forgotten enable the Temp file sharing. Still has the licensing issue though

i have to say the sound is a significant step up compared to the last windows 10 update. Not to sure why, but it’s fantastic considering that’s the only thing that’s changed in reality. 

Could someone please advise me in relation to use of ipv4 or ipv6 with AO?

I had been using ipv6 connection from HQPlayer control PC to HQP Windows 10 Pro NAA. But when I run AO (I've tried both 2.20 and beta 5) on the NAA it seems to disable ipv6 ('No network access' for ipv6 shows in Ethernet Status, even though ipv6 remains checked as enabled in Ethernet Properties; and no endpoints for ipv6 show in HQPlayer settings.). Resetting AO in Service Tool doesn't restore the ipv6. so far the only way I've found of getting it back is a Windows reinstall!

Ipv4 still showing and working in all the above, but is it a SQ preference that ipv6 is disabled? I'd hoped to have ipv6 working for the HQP > NAA link as I've seen Miska advise that sometimes it works better.

Hi

AO has no relation to this. If you configure everything correctly, it does not matter if you use IPv4 or IPv6, at least for AO and its usage.

To not confuse others i strongly suggest  you start a new thread.

best,

AudioPhil

8 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

Hi

AO has no relation to this. If you configure everything correctly, it does not matter if you use IPv4 or IPv6, at least for AO and its usage.

To not confuse others i strongly suggest  you start a new thread.

best,

AudioPhil

Hi AudioPhil,

Thanks. I'm grateful to hear that AO should work with ipv6,

But I don't understand the advice that AO has no relation to my problem. Running AO beta caused ipv6 to stop working. So did 2.2. The behaviour is consistent. If I'm doing something wrong with AO I'd appreciate advice please. Which 'correct' settings of AO should I check to preserve ipv6 with AO? Or which network settings in Windows 10 Pro should I check to make sure ipv6 doesn't disappear when running AO. There is no advice on this that I can find in the manual, and the reason for asking the question on this forum is in case someone else running AO has had a similar problem and found a solution.

I've used the settings: NAA as Audio PC; Ultimate mode; all the other recommended settings; the 'disabling' of ipv6 happens whether or not I choose to disable Windows drivers and services in AO setup.

There is also the point that the reset does not restore ipv6 to my NAA; only resetting Windows does; and it's fine until I run AO again. So what am I doing incorrectly?

best

Craig

Hello Craig

AO does not stop IPv6 from working, at least I am not aware of this or ever heard about so far. Because it does not do anything with it, a reset via ServiceTool doesn‘t help either. 

The reset via ServiceTool does re-enable all disabled drivers and services (which where disabled by AO). If this reset does not help, it‘s pretty sure (its kind a confirmation) that this issue is not intrüoduced by AO.

I assume you did not apply „disable network related services“, this would by the nature of the feature, disable both IPv4 and IPv6.

hope this helps to clarify a bit at least.

Best,

AudioPhil

6 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

Hello Craig

AO does not stop IPv6 from working, at least I am not aware of this or ever heard about so far. Because it does not do anything with it, a reset via ServiceTool doesn‘t help either. 

The reset via ServiceTool does re-enable all disabled drivers and services (which where disabled by AO). If this reset does not help, it‘s pretty sure (its kind a confirmation) that this issue is not intrüoduced by AO.

I assume you did not apply „disable network related services“, this would by the nature of the feature, disable both IPv4 and IPv6.

hope this helps to clarify a bit at least.

Best,

AudioPhil

Thank you. Very puzzling then. It's not as if I'm using non-standard hardware or software (the NAA is the mini-PC recommended for this use by Jussi on the Signalyst site and on the CA HQP NAA thread).

But I am sure I was not given (either in 2.20 or beta 5) an option to enable or disable Network Related Services; nor did I see screens for enabling/disabling Plug and Play Services, or Windows Management Instrumentation that are also illustrated on pages 38 and 39 of the manual. I therefore assumed that these were only applicable to Windows Server, rather than Windows 10. Is this wrong? In any case, IPv4 was not disabled, only IPv6.

If the issue was not introduced by AO, it was introduced by something else in the system during the application of AO, which as far as my situation is concerned is effectively the same thing, as the only thing I am doing and which I seem to have any choice over, is whether to apply AO or not.

To be frank, unless anyone else has any suggestions, I'm tempted to try living without IPv6 as IPv4 is working fine. It bugs me not to solve it though!

best

Craig

Hey Craig

You will only see the „disable network related services“ question in advanced and ultimate mode of AO, not in Experess Mode. In Express Mode AO will answer this question with „No“ for you.

If the reset would have resolved the issue, the cause would clearly be something that AO did. If the reset does not help, it‘s highly unlikely otherwise.

very best,

AudioPhil

1 minute ago, AudioPhil said:

Hey Craig

You will only see the „disable network related services“ question in advanced and ultimate mode of AO, not in Experess Mode. In Express Mode AO will answer this question with „No“ for you.

If the reset would have resolved the issue, the cause would clearly be something that AO did. If the reset does not help, it‘s highly unlikely otherwise.

very best,

AudioPhil

It gets stranger then! The first time it happened I was indeed using Express mode. But I've tried it several times since with Ultimate mode after starting AO with the command line "AO -UT" and I don't ever see the "disable network related services" question. Why would this be?

best

Craig

42 minutes ago, craighartley said:

It gets stranger then! The first time it happened I was indeed using Express mode. But I've tried it several times since with Ultimate mode after starting AO with the command line "AO -UT" and I don't ever see the "disable network related services" question. Why would this be?

best

Craig

Hi Craig

"AO -UT" let's you re-select the usage type. This is a feature which is most relevant for JPLAY users, but it does not change the mode of AO.

If you run AO it will ask you by itself if you want to do express, advanced or ultimate mode.

image.thumb.png.1df463f06f94afe2da5c77592ad1995c.png

Some more Infos:

image.thumb.png.b5085ae62af5e56074ad4e59f968f3be.png

Best,

AudioPhil

2 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

Hi Craig

"AO -UT" let's you re-select the usage type. This is a feature which is most relevant for JPLAY users, but it does not change the mode of AO.

If you run AO it will ask you by itself if you want to do express, advanced or ultimate mode.

image.thumb.png.1df463f06f94afe2da5c77592ad1995c.png

Some more Infos:

image.thumb.png.b5085ae62af5e56074ad4e59f968f3be.png

Best,

AudioPhil

Yes, sorry, I was forgetting that it was the usage type choice that UT enabled. But in any case I did select ultimate mode on each occasion.

52 minutes ago, TubeMan said:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929852/how-to-disable-ipv6-or-its-components-in-windows

and why do you want to use IPV6 on your local LAN

Thanks very much indeed! Yes that does make IPv6 show up again and saves me reinstalling Windows!! As I said earlier in the thread, I wanted the option of IPv6 to find the NAA from HQPlayer, as I've had some problems with losing the NAA on IPv4 and, as the HQPlayer author has said that IPv6 may improve matters in other scenarios, I wanted to see if it did it in my case.

36 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

Hi Craig

Okay I've found a solution. It seems IPv6 is disabled if I use "AO -UT" start command and select "Audio PC" as usage type. But if I just use "AO" command (and select Ultimate mode) IPv6 is preserved. 

(I'm still assuming I don't see the Network Services screen - and the 2 others - in AO setup because maybe they only appear for Windows Server..).

Thanks to everyone for their help.

• 1 month later...