IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

Why should you be unable to use it in Server 2016 Core Mode?

You can do so since the beginning of this year, so pretty long time?

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

AO 2.20 Beta 5 is out since many months and so far no new beta was needed. It proofed to be very stable, has no issues and also brought some groundbraking new features like WASAPI in Core Mode.

See detailed instructions overe here: http://jplay.eu/forum/index.php?/topic/2321-wasapi-in-core-mode-all-you-need-to-know/

best,

AudioPhil

____________________________________________________________________________________

You cannot „uninstall“ it.

What you can do is a reset via ServiceTool. This will re-enable all disabled drivers and services. All other optimizations will stay intact but will not interfere with whatever you like to do with that machine.

10 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

You cannot „uninstall“ it.

What you can do is a reset via ServiceTool. This will re-enable all disabled drivers and services. All other optimizations will stay intact but will not interfere with whatever you like to do with that machine.

Great thanks!

How do I change from D4 (selected on my initial run) to something else like C3?   The PDF hints that it's so easy you can A/B test different combinations, but it's not clear to me how to do it.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

1 hour ago, rickca said:

How do I change from D4 (selected on my initial run) to something else like C3?   The PDF hints that it's so easy you can A/B test different combinations, but it's not clear to me how to do it.

Rick,

When you get to the mode selection prompt, select U (ultimate). Then set the sound signature then digital filter settings  - say 4 then D. On the next prompt select S (start over). This cycles you back to the sound signature. Once you get the flow, you can make changes within seconds.

Hi,

Hostname: X2

Usage Type: SinglePC 
Sound Signature: 1 
Digital-Filter Mode: A 

Kernel-Streaming/MediaPlayer support installed: YES 

High precision event timer (HPET): enabled
OneDrive: enabled  
Windows Defender: disabled  
Anti-Spy for Windows 10: disabled  
Structured Exception Handling Overwrite Protection (SEHOP): disabled  
Software Protection Service: enabled  
WASAPI/MMCSS: YES

SCSI-MiniPort drivers disabled: YES
USB Optimization enabled: YES
Drivers and Services disabled: YES  
Plug and Play service: enabled  
AMD CPU/SATA drivers: disabled  
Remote Desktop services: disabled  
Remote Management services: disabled  
Netowrk related services: enabled    
Windows Management Instrumentation: enabled  
USBPAL (RigiSystems) driver: enabled  

Why all these services?
Why Windows Firewall?

https://imgur.com/a/a8UNo

@AudioPhil I know you just said not to manually tinker with the running services.  Can you please explain why you leave the following services running ... they seem unnecessary.

lmhosts

QWAVE

stisvc

Are there not also some more scheduled tasks that could be disabled?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Hello

For obvious reasons i do not plan to make a statement on each service. There are hundreds and each of them (no matter how unimportant) it may look has the potential to generate some issues. The entire disabling services part of AO is a difficult part, and to be honest it is by far not worth the effort i had/have to put into it.

If you ask someone to explain what AO is, he will most certainly say "it disables services". But in fact, disabling services and drivers is only a few percent (maybe 3-5%) of what AO actually does with a system. There are so many other things (hundreds of!) which AO does which have far more impact on sound quality, but people still think that disabling services is the most important thing to do. But it is definitely not.

So the general advice is to stick with what AO does, rest assured that it will work stable under all possible circumstances and not wasting to much time on searching more services which could potentially be disabled.

Hope that helps to clarify.

Best,

AudioPhil

Hi all,

I installed the ISO from the AO site to be sure, and everything is working fine now (win 2016 server core mode).

However when I tried the DISM command to upgrade to standard version (I bought a key to use), it doesn't work. It says "The windows edition was not detected." Any idea how I can solve this? Thanks!

Thanks! I fixed it by using a clean install of Windows Server 2016. I think I accidentally went into Compact, and accidentally stopped that process, in Service Tool and it screwed up my DISM.

Might be good to add a confirmation prompt after especially critical tools like this...

Hi

I am running AO2.1 on my Hqplayer NAA PC with WIndows Server 2012 R2. It is running perfect. I used the minimal server mode and select Shell Replacement with NAA and also system Autologon.

However, I need to reinstall some windows driver. I cannot get back to the Service Tools. My system automatically runs NAA. I interrupt it with Control-C command but the whole window closed. It ends up with a black screen. I can use Ctrl Alt Del to bring the Task Manager back. But how can I get a command prompt window?

40 minutes ago, paulpaul said:

Hi

I am running AO2.1 on my Hqplayer NAA PC with WIndows Server 2012 R2. It is running perfect. I used the minimal server mode and select Shell Replacement with NAA and also system Autologon.

However, I need to reinstall some windows driver. I cannot get back to the Service Tools. My system automatically runs NAA. I interrupt it with Control-C command but the whole window closed. It ends up with a black screen. I can use Ctrl Alt Del to bring the Task Manager back. But how can I get a command prompt window?

...FAQ section of the PDF Guide will tell you! :-)