IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

Hello

rule of thumb would be once a month, normally around the 10th to 15th (to be super up to date). But once a all few months is OK, depending a bit if the machine has internet access all the time and few other variables.

but as for now, do not update server 2016 with august or newer updates.

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

5 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

Hello Community

For all those using Server 2016 and AO 2.2.0 Beta 5, do NOT install the August updates of Windows Server 2016 or things will go very bad! Wait untill AO 2.20 Beta 6 will be released, do NOT install any Windows Updates anymore until then!

Best,

AudioPhil

Thank you! I was just about to install updates!

Best wishes,

Adrian

No problem. Please consider this an early warning. The situation is not yet entirely clear, i will inform again once its more clear.

take care,

AudioPhil

____________________________________________________________________________________

8 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

Hello Community

For all those using Server 2016 and AO 2.2.0 Beta 5, do NOT install the August updates of Windows Server 2016 or things will go very bad! Wait untill AO 2.20 Beta 6 will be released, do NOT install any Windows Updates anymore until then!

Best,

AudioPhil

Is this update fine for Server 2012R2 and AO 2.2.0 Beta 5?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all,
these days I had a problem on my music server and then I formatted the hard disk. With the occasion I went from Win SRV2012R2 to Win SRV2016, having not read the message that reported problems with August's Microsoft update I installed it. Now the server works but I can't switch from GUI mode to core mode. When I start, from the service tool, the reset optimization function the program tells me "Driver and service state already restored". Is this problem related to the August update or is it due to some other factor? Thank you.

Hi Flavio,

Microsoft is with Server 2016 not anymore offering the possibility of a switch from Gui to Core. You need to decide about Gui or Core with the installation.

If you go for a search you will find many more detailed explanation. But indeed Gui mode of Server2016 superseeds Server 2012R2 Core.

Enjoy

Thomas

DIY coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer /// 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery & caps/filter /// Active crossover @ Acourate Convolver & room correction@MC30 /// General 2 PC setup: floating PSU picoless battery & caps/filter powered Bicker DC160W: PC1(Player) - individual stripped MS RamOS with JPlay /// PC2: Server 2016 RamOS - AO 2.0b5 - Acourate Convolver - online convolving & crossover /// Chain: PC1 - USB - F-1 - SPdif coax - Mutec MC3.1+ USB - SPdif coax - FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery & caps/filter - USB - PC2 - FireFace UCX - Adat LWL - Mutec MC-4 - 3 x SPdif coax - D802 Low/ D802 Middle / D802 High - 2 Stereo Lab KWH250 with BMS 4590 plus 2 modified corner subwoofer Abacus ABS210

58 minutes ago, Octagon said:

But indeed Gui mode of Server2016 superseeds Server 2012R2 Core.

Enjoy

Thomas

Do you mean that Server 2016 in GUI mode sounds better than 2012 R2 in Core mode?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

5 minutes ago, tboooe said:

Do you mean that Server 2016 in GUI mode sounds better than 2012 R2 in Core mode?

Hi tboooe,

yes, my old post might be interesting for you:

Take care

Thomas

DIY coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer /// 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery & caps/filter /// Active crossover @ Acourate Convolver & room correction@MC30 /// General 2 PC setup: floating PSU picoless battery & caps/filter powered Bicker DC160W: PC1(Player) - individual stripped MS RamOS with JPlay /// PC2: Server 2016 RamOS - AO 2.0b5 - Acourate Convolver - online convolving & crossover /// Chain: PC1 - USB - F-1 - SPdif coax - Mutec MC3.1+ USB - SPdif coax - FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery & caps/filter - USB - PC2 - FireFace UCX - Adat LWL - Mutec MC-4 - 3 x SPdif coax - D802 Low/ D802 Middle / D802 High - 2 Stereo Lab KWH250 with BMS 4590 plus 2 modified corner subwoofer Abacus ABS210

On 9/4/2017 at 1:04 PM, AudioPhil said:

Hello Community

Best,

AudioPhil

Hello guys

i recently installed the cumulative september updates and tested several things. So far all went very well, no issues at all. i tested Server 2016 in Core Mode, Kernel-Streaming, WASAPI, RoonServer & JPLAY, Autologon, ShellReplacements and so on. I had no issues whatsoever, so there will be no Beta 6 because of any issues which where reported regarding the august updates.

Please feel free to update to the september updates.

Best,

AudioPhil

After struggling with the JRiver install for a couple of months, I finally got it working under 2016 core !!  And yes, it was worth the effort!  (Windows Server 2016 Core + AO 2.20 B5 + JRiver MC23)

I also install Roon Server and it works but it seems not to recognise my media content which was installed on drive D.  Jriver MC23 can access drive D with no issue.  I also managed to install my Tidal account in Roon.

The problem is, whenever I want to play a track, Roon will reply with a error message "Transport:  Unable to load Media".  There are Tidal media and not my library content which it seems to be unable to import. 

I had tried reinstalling many times but could not solve this problem?  Can anyone help?  Thanks in advance.

(Audio)

Hi Audio

you need to run the WASAPI Injector to get this running (roon transport error): http://jplay.eu/forum/index.php?/topic/2321-wasapi-in-core-mode-all-you-need-to-know/

Best,

AudioPhil

I am using fidelizer 7.6 as shell on a nuc Celeron running W10 home with AO 2.1.

I am trying to install V7.9 of Fidelizer without success.

I am uninstalling 7.6, installing 7.9. After installation completes, I am running fidelizer at renderer mode. I choose the media player (MUSIChi suite) and restart. Fidelizer I not running at all.

When I downgrade to 7.6, when I do the same procedure described above, everything works fine.

Any suggestions?

thanks! email: [email protected]

On 9/18/2017 at 4:33 PM, AudioPhil said:

Hi Audio

you need to run the WASAPI Injector to get this running (roon transport error): http://jplay.eu/forum/index.php?/topic/2321-wasapi-in-core-mode-all-you-need-to-know/

Best,

AudioPhil

Thanks Phil, after installing the WASAPI injector, everything works!!   I am so happy!!

Just to let you know, I am running everything on a AMD Threadripper 1950X CPU and a Asus Zenith Extreme motherboard.

(Audio)

Hello Audio

Thanks a lot for the update, glad to hear its working now as expected.

BTW, very nice hardware you have over there. you definitely will have no issues with super heavy up sampling... :)

Very best,

AudioPhil

On ‎18‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 9:16 AM, Audio said:

After struggling with the JRiver install for a couple of months, I finally got it working under 2016 core !!  And yes, it was worth the effort!  (Windows Server 2016 Core + AO 2.20 B5 + JRiver MC23) 

I had tried reinstalling many times but could not solve this problem?  Can anyone help?  Thanks in advance.

(Audio)

Hi Audio how did you get Jriver 23 working in core in the end. I have just bought a copy of server 2016 and will be installing it soon. so would be very interested how you got it to work

customer server+AudiophileOptimizer >>UltraRendu (SR4) >> Lush(JSSG360) >>> IsoRegen(SR4) >>> Lush^2 >>> blu2 >>Blaxius^2D >> Dave > HD800(SDRmod)

• 2 weeks later...