IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

I think this article is of interest to anyone running a Windows 10 audio PC.  Microsoft is forcing updates even if you have Windows Update turned off.

https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3028147/updategate-microsoft-is-forcing-windows-10-build-1709-to-users-who-opted-out

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

@AudioPhil I just downloaded beta 6.  When I tried to extract from the zip file, I got 'the zip folder is invalid'.  I tried this on both mirrors.  It seems to download only a partial file even though the file size is right.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

1 hour ago, rickca said:

@AudioPhil I just downloaded beta 6.  When I tried to extract from the zip file, I got 'the zip folder is invalid'.  I tried this on both mirrors.  It seems to download only a partial file even though the file size is right.

Resolved.  Don't even ask.  I have no idea why my earlier download got corrupted.

When I booted my AO beta 5 system (running the original Creators Update) I got a message saying the latest security updates can't be installed unless I install the latest version of Windows 10.  See the article in theinquirer.net referenced in my previous post.

I had planned to update to beta 6.  I know the PDF says you can just install beta 6 on top of beta 5, but I decided to first do a ServiceTool option A reset.  Microsoft downloaded the Fall Creators Update (1709) and forced a restart half an hour later.

So after about 20 minutes I am back up running FCU.  But this messed up my wifi connection.  I had to do a network reset (which broke my bridged network adapter).  OK now I got my wifi working again, and I will have to recreate the bridged network adapter.  Then I'm ready to run AO 2.20 beta 6 (which supports FCU) and I should be OK again.

Oh, I forgot.  After the FCU update, Windows Update wanted to apply several other quality updates ... another couple of restarts.

Has nobody else encountered this forced update to FCU?  Good thing @AudioPhil has support ready in beta 6.  Thank you, Phil!

help ! ,   i have just installed windows 10 creators update and when i run AO  at the end of the config i have a message that !Windows 7 is not supported and no change will be made to your system?

any idea ?

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

1 minute ago, dtb300 said:

Are you running AO B6 which support Creators Update???

AO B5 supported the original Creators Update Version 1703.  AO B6 supports the Fall Creators Update Version 1709.

On 3/9/2018 at 8:46 PM, rickca said:

I think this article is of interest to anyone running a Windows 10 audio PC.  Microsoft is forcing updates even if you have Windows Update turned off.

Running AO B6 on Win10 and I am not forced to install updates.  In fact I have not had an update in a few weeks.

On Win10 alone, yes it downloads and installs updated by default.

Just now, dtb300 said:

Was not replying to you.....

I realize that but @juanitox did not explicitly say whether he was referring to the original Creators Update or FCU.  I was trying to help.

Hi guys.  I just want to verify that it is safe to apply all current updates for Sever 2016.  I am running AO beta 6.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

3 hours ago, mozes said:

Has anyone noticed that one can’t disable Cortana after the latest windows update?

I updated my system to Fall Creators Update (Version 1709) and AO B6 disables Cortana to the same extent it did before.

I still have a task called Cortana in task manager, but if you right click on it and select 'Go to details' it is really just SearchUI.exe which is that magnifying glass icon at the bottom left of the screen .  It is suspended until you actually type something into the Search Windows box.

Are you saying you are seeing the real Cortana there instead of just the Search Windows box?  If so, that is not my experience.

1 hour ago, rickca said:

I updated my system to Fall Creators Update (Version 1709) and AO B6 disables Cortana to the same extent it did before.

I still have a task called Cortana in task manager, but if you right click on it and select 'Go to details' it is really just SearchUI.exe which is that magnifying glass icon at the bottom left of the screen .  It is suspended until you actually type something into the Search Windows box.

Are you saying you are seeing the real Cortana there instead of just the Search Windows box?  If so, that is not my experience.

Thanks for the clarification, yes it is that search windows box, feels good that it is disabled.

Anyone here using Server 2016 in core mode with Roon/Tidal having issues?  I can browse Tidal from within Roon just fine but I cant play any music from Tidal. I keep getting a network and connectivity error.  Playing Tidal via Sonos from another PC at home works fine.  I didnt have this issue with Server 2012 on the same PC with the same network hardware and setup.  Perhaps this is Tidal or Roon issue?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments