IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

13 minutes ago, alicenir said:

I tried to use server 2016 but wasnt able to install the network card. Which micro mother board is supported for server 2016?

I am using SuperMicro-X10SLH-F, the built-in network card installed automatically.

Just now, alicenir said:

thanks for your reply.

the MB you mentioned is supporting only i3 cpu according to what i have checked. i have i5 cpu, what cpu do you have installed?

I'm using Xeon v3 processor. 

Here is the details of CAPS V4 : https://www.computeraudiophile.com/index.php?app=cms&module=pages&controller=page&path=ca/ca-academy/computer-audiophile-pocket-server-c-a-p-s-v4-pipeline

Due to inbuilt IMPI this MB takes a while to boot up which I dislike as I do not use IPMI. 

i will check, currently i have Gigabyte MB but it is only supports server 2012R2.

but i think i miss led you on the Info...windows server 2016 in GUI mode i can install the network card with no issues, but in core mode i couldn't...in server 2012r2 there is the option to switch between modes core and gui that MS took out in 2016 server edition because they are not thinking straight :)

this is my problem

2 minutes ago, alicenir said:

i will check, currently i have Gigabyte MB but it is only supports server 2012R2.

but i think i miss led you on the Info...windows server 2016 in GUI mode i can install the network card with no issues, but in core mode i couldn't...in server 2012r2 there is the option to switch between modes core and gui that MS took out in 2016 server edition because they are not thinking straight :)

this is my problem

I think AudioPhil and more knowledgeable inmate may help in this regard.

For installing driver in core mode or in GUI mode it needs to first run AO service tools to reset AO which will enable all services, then you try installing the drivers but you should uninstall the driver which is not working first then restart and install the driver. After installing all driver now run the AO. You may try this order, this works for me.

Installed Windows 2016 core with AO 5.2B5 + Foobar2K and working fine.

After JPlay-6.2 installed, ASIO:JPlay driver is not showing in Foobar2k output, it is showing all the output device namely ASIO:XMOS USB, KS, WASAPI & DS except ASIO:JPlay.

But JPlay mini is playing fine.

Tried installing and reinstalling Singxer F-1 Driver and JPlay but no luck. JPlay mini is working but no JPlay ASIO output in Foobar2K.

Anybody having this problem with Foobar & JPlay in Win2016 Core mode?

Please shed some light in this issue.

Thanks.

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Hi Phil

I installed Windows 2016 Core and followed your instructions for install AO -WASAPI,  it all went fine except when I tried to set JRiver as default shell it says it can find it and to install in the default directory.

This  seems a little unfair as there is not way to have Jriver do an install into a default directly when working in Core.  I have done the install of JRIver to a USB drive and copied the files to a directory on C drive  named \JRiver.   I think the default directory may be  C:\Program files (x86)\JRiver\Media Center 22   but I can't for the life of me figure out how to create that from the command line in server core.

Would it not make sense first of all to say what the default directory is and better yet let the use specify what directory that have installed it in.

If not could someone give me an exact syntax to copy the files from  \Jriver into whatever the default directory is.

thanks

magicknow

Thanks tube Man

Yes I did make a portable version of JR and tested on win10 by double clicking on

Media Center 22.exe                  JRiver ran fine

When I copied the J River folder to Windows Svr 2016 Core C drive I could not figure out how to copy those files into the  C:\Program files (x86)\JRiver\Media Center 22    directory . 

I tried using the Xcopy command but kept getting  invalid number of parameters,  is this the right command to do this?

xcopy c:\JRiver c:\ Program files (x86)\JRiver\Media Center 22  /E

Also when I try to run the Media Center 22.exe on the Core C drive it keeps

saying not a recognized as an internal or external command , operable program or batch file.  

What exactly to I type at the c:\  prompt.    Do you include spaces between Media Center and 22  

tube Man thank you so much for this what a relief.

Phil I have Jriver running in Core by manual execution of the program.  When i try to install Jriver as the default shell it still says I need to install in the default directory, 

I have JRiver  in  c:\ Program files (x86)\JRiver\Media Center 22    is this correct?  If not what is the default directory?

Given we are running in Core mode with no GUI already is there a SQ improvement by having it as the default shell or is it just a convenience at this point?

Also in hte AO- WASAPI instructions you stated 

" Now run AO again and do a full run with your desired settings. During this run you do not need to install KS & MediayPlayer or Roon Support again, the WASAPI injector has already done so for you"

Does this mean that we should answer no to  The question  "Do You want to use WASAPI/MMCSS optimization?"

thanks

magicknow

13 hours ago, magicknow said:

tube Man thank you so much for this what a relief.

Phil I have Jriver running in Core by manual execution of the program.  When i try to install Jriver as the default shell it still says I need to install in the default directory, 

I have JRiver  in  c:\ Program files (x86)\JRiver\Media Center 22    is this correct?  If not what is the default directory?

Given we are running in Core mode with no GUI already is there a SQ improvement by having it as the default shell or is it just a convenience at this point?

Also in hte AO- WASAPI instructions you stated 

" Now run AO again and do a full run with your desired settings. During this run you do not need to install KS & MediayPlayer or Roon Support again, the WASAPI injector has already done so for you"

Does this mean that we should answer no to  The question  "Do You want to use WASAPI/MMCSS optimization?"

thanks

magicknow

Hi

Yes the path seems to be correct for version 22. Yes, still a small imporovement in SQ by setting the shell replacement, but not as big as in GUI mode. No, you should still say yes to WASAPI/MMCSS optimization.

Best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

On my AO-optimized WinServer 2016 GUI mode I am able to bridge my ethernet adapters and sending my Minimserver music to the DLNA Renderer which is connected directly to my AO-optimized PC.

I dual booted my machine and installed AO in WinServer 2016 Core mode. However I could not seem to find the commands/guide to setup Bridge ports in core mode. Has anyone done this yet? Thanks in advanced for the replies.   

On 7/1/2017 at 3:25 PM, Lukasluis said:

On my AO-optimized WinServer 2016 GUI mode I am able to bridge my ethernet adapters and sending my Minimserver music to the DLNA Renderer which is connected directly to my AO-optimized PC.

I dual booted my machine and installed AO in WinServer 2016 Core mode. However I could not seem to find the commands/guide to setup Bridge ports in core mode. Has anyone done this yet? Thanks in advanced for the replies.   

It is not possible to use network bridging in W2012 core & W2016 core. See:

Check my profile for my audiosystem.

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize for placing this post in this thread but it was hard to find a thread where my question fit.

I definitely appreciate what AO is bringing to my system.

However, at least as it relates to W10, I'm finding it's causing Nontallion (formerly Infinity Blade / Bughead Emperor) to spike in cpu usage.

Even with a Kaby Lake i7 CPU, on higher res files, I'm running at around 40% cpu usage and sometimes higher . . . to the point where the server will actually stutter during playback.

Even on JRiver I'm noticing much higher cpu usage.

I have to run in hyper thread mode just to make the server reasonably functional.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a setting I can change to help remedy this situation?

Will running WS2016 help? 

Thanks.

Joel

WiFi connection Problem

Hi All

My server (Win 2016 Core +AO2.2B5) connected to WiFi router through LAN port and I control it through Remote Desk Top connection. Now I have removed the LAN cable and connected a TPLink USB WiFi adapter for connecting the server remotely. I have installed the TPLink USB adapter driver and its is working fine and also activated Wireless LAN support through service tool.

Now I need to enter  network security key to connect the wifi router.

"netsh wlan show profiles" command is not working.

Now how to enter the password for the wifi router?

And I am not sure if the WIFI is running in the server.

Please shed some light.

Thanks