IGNORED

Article: Sonore microRendu Review, Part 2

That sounds like a good route, but I'm not so sure the ultra-skeptics wouldn't run their own measurements anyway. The skepticism with HiFi runs far too deep for die hard objectivists to accept a company's measurements.

Spot On Chris! Everytime I have seen someone actually post measurements which showed some performance advantage that the "objectivists" denied could be possible, the objectivists then attacked the method of the measurements, saying they could not be true. It is not really worth the time and money involved to do these kinds of measurements for public consumption when the public is generally so emotionally invested in their own point of view, whether objective or subjective.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Spot On Chris! Everytime I have seen someone actually post measurements which showed some performance advantage that the "objectivists" denied could be possible, the objectivists then attacked the method of the measurements, saying they could not be true. It is not really worth the time and money involved to do these kinds of measurements for public consumption when the public is generally so emotionally invested in their own point of view, whether objective or subjective.

It's a merry-go-round that some obviously enjoy riding. Their joy comes from attempts to embroil others in their odd follie Good thing is that it takes at least two to play the game and it is one's choice not to climb aboard.

It's a merry-go-round that some obviously enjoy riding. Their joy comes from attempts to embroil others in their odd follie Good thing is that it takes at least two to play the game and it is one's choice not to climb aboard.

It seems like some hate seeing others having a great time and expressing that with post after post about how much they are enjoying an awesome product like the microRendu. They just have to change the narrative to align with their own twisted view of how things are supposed to be. Devices such as the microRendu are supposed to be no better than a standard laptop - and this must be the narrative that prevails! Like schoolyard bullies who can't stand seeing the other kids having a good time, they must spoil everyone else's fun because that's what brings them the most joy.

Why pick on the microRendu? It's affordably priced. The majority of owners are thrilled with the benefits it delivered, particularly in light of the price. Customer support may be among the best right now in the industry.

I think it's about controlling the narrative and about finding relief for cognitive dissonance.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Spot On Chris! It is not really worth the time and money involved to do these kinds of measurements for public consumption when the public is generally so emotionally invested in their own point of view, whether objective or subjective.

It seems like some hate seeing others having a great time and expressing that with post after post about how much they are enjoying an awesome product like the microRendu. They just have to change the narrative to align with their own twisted view of how things are supposed to be.

Bet ya'll cried like this when someone told you there was no Santa Claus or Tooth Fairy also. LOL

truth.jpg

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

Bet ya'll cried like this when someone told you there was no Santa Claus or Tooth Fairy also. LOL

You mean you didn't? Were you denied this? Awwww. No wonder you have to live in a fantasy world now as an adult (cough). LOL

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

You mean you didn't? Were you denied this? Awwww. No wonder you have to live in a fantasy world now as an adult (cough). LOL

I'm living in a fantasy world?

Yep yep, I sure do reckon it sounds good, but maybe if you swapped that there power cable? LOL

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

You know Sal, skimming through you 800+ here at CA, I could fine only a handful that were not just some asinine nasty snark. If you don't have anything constructive or informative to contribute, why are you even here?

You know Sal, skimming through you 800+ here at CA, I could fine only a handful that were not just some asinine nasty snark. If you don't have anything constructive or informative to contribute, why are you even here?

You know, I've been involved in the pursuit of better sound for right around 50 years now. Many of my posts are made to hopefully open the eyes (and ears) of those who haven't been completely brainwashed yet. To save them from wasting large sums of money on useless gadgets and widgets, or chasing true High Fidelity down paths that lead to nowhere.

I don't have any horse in this race and will make no financial gain from the time I spend here.

I find it curious you categorize my statements of fact and honest opinions as "asinine nasty snark", from what angle do you try and discredit me?

You know, I've been involved in the pursuit of better sound for right around 50 years now. Many of my posts are made to hopefully open the eyes (and ears) of those who haven't been completely brainwashed yet. To save them from wasting large sums of money on useless gadgets and widgets, or chasing true High Fidelity down paths that lead to nowhere.

I don't have any horse in this race and will make no financial gain from the time I spend here.

I find it curious you categorize my statements of fact and honest opinions as "asinine nasty snark", from what angle do you try and discredit me?

You claim "many of my posts are made to hopefully open eyes (and ears) of those who haven't been completely brainwashed" claiming to "save them money" and then go on to say you have "no horse in this race"

Well maybe no horse but it sure seems like an agenda like the rest of the crew who loves to denigrate those who just want to enjoy and share.

From my perch, I think I have one of the best systems around and this microRendu without a great power supply (as yet) I find fantastic. Enjoying more than any computer I ever had. Running it as an NAA with my Roon/HQP without upsampling or filtering doing the work on my desktop in my office. The MicroRendu tethered to my MSB Diamond Plus with LH USB sounds SPECTACULAR the best I have heard so far. Regardless of what Amir measures.

Well maybe no horse but it sure seems like an agenda like the rest of the crew who loves to denigrate those who just want to enjoy and share.

From my perch, I think I have one of the best systems around and this microRendu without a great power supply (as yet) I find fantastic. Enjoying more than any computer I ever had. Running it as an NAA with my Roon/HQP without upsampling or filtering doing the work on my desktop in my office. The MicroRendu tethered to my MSB Diamond Plus with LH USB sounds SPECTACULAR the best I have heard so far. Regardless of what Amir measures.

I have no idea why you and the hardcore subjectivists find so much to fear from the factual measurements and then claim I'm only here to denigrate you. If you insist on believing in the magic dust, more power to you.

No horse... Just a Jackass.

Only after your arrival to this thread Bob.

As usual some folks here show their true colors. When they run out of any scientific or even logical way in which to debate their position, they just sink to name calling. I'm so highly impressed with your superior intelligence. I guess I've now been put in my place. Yea Right. LOL

I'll leave you with a very insightful quote from Peter Aczel, he is ever so much the better wordsmith then I.

" The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information? It wasn’t always so. Between the birth of “high fidelity,” circa 1947, and the early 1970s, what the engineers said was accepted by that generation of hi-fi enthusiasts as the truth. Then, as the ’70s decade grew older, the self-appointed experts without any scientific credentials started to crawl out of the woodwork. For a while they did not overpower the educated technologists but by the early ’80s they did, with the subjective “golden-ear” audio magazines as their chief line of communication. I remember pleading with some of the most brilliant academic and industrial brains in audio to fight against all the nonsense, to speak up loudly and brutally before the untutored drivel gets out of control, but they just laughed, dismissing the “flat-earthers” and “cultists” with a wave of the hand. Now look at them! Talk to the know-it-all young salesman in the high-end audio salon, read the catalogs of Audio Advisor, Music Direct, or any other high-end merchant, read any of the golden-ear audio magazines, check out the subjective audio websites—and weep. The witch doctors have taken over. Even so, all is not lost. You can still read Floyd Toole and Siegfried Linkwitz on loudspeakers, Douglas Self and Bob Cordell on amplifiers, David Rich (hometheaterhifi.com) on miscellaneous audio subjects, and a few others in that very sparsely populated club. (I am not including The Audio Critic, now that it has become almost silent.) Once you have breathed that atmosphere, you will have a pretty good idea what advice to ignore."

I have no idea why you and the hardcore subjectivists find so much to fear from the factual measurements and then claim I'm only here to denigrate you. If you insist on believing in the magic dust, more power to you.

Speaking of spending money on absolutely idiotic things, I see you have a motorcycle. While you may be trying with your dogmatic rhetoric to save people's money mine at least is trying to save your life. I see 6-8 of you guys every night trying to cling on to their life. Speaking of stats and objectivity there is no debate over the stats about motorcyclists but it didn't stop you from buying and riding one? Why not?

Sal - How about we make a deal? You don't try to save anyone unless they ask for help being saved? We are all adults. I find your quoted statement incredibly uninformed. The audiophiles I know are some of the smartest people I know (and run some incredible companies we all know) and don't fall for BS. They purchase what they want after evaluating it. I see no problem with this.

How about we start picking apart your computer component choices you've decided to share with us in your signature? You purchased an OCZ Vertex drive. There are better measuring drives you know at far cheaper prices. Your OCZ Reaper memory only makes The Man rich because generic memory measures the same and costs less. I could go on, but you see my point (I hope). Do you like being saved by others? I get the sense that you are more of a personal responsibility and personal freedoms type of guy. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, I actually lean that way much of the time. Yet, your big brother type comments are antithetical to this lifestyle.

I know I just made a guess as to your point of view and could be totally wrong. If I am please let me know and I will apologize. I'm only going on what I know about you, based on your posts.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Speaking of spending money on absolutely idiotic things, I see you have a motorcycle. While you may be trying with your dogmatic rhetoric to save people's money mine at least is trying to save your life. I see 6-8 of you guys every night trying to cling on to their life. Speaking of stats and objectivity there is no debate over the stats about motorcyclists but it didn't stop you from buying and riding one? Why not?

+1

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

No Guts, No Glory, Not my problem if you have none of either.

Hide inside your air-bagged, seat-belted, air-conditioned cage all you life and never understand the feeling of freedom and rush of Adrenalin.

You loss.

BTW, for an example of the behaviour of "objectivists" have a look at Audio Science Review where two of the most active threads are "How to get banned" from other forums & how to ban/gag people who challenge them on ASR. Our brother Sal being the most vocal of the voices & no doubt he will return to that lair, telling stories of his derring-do on CA :)

No Guts, No Glory, Not my problem if you have none of either.

Hide inside your air-bagged, seat-belted, air-conditioned cage all you life and never understand the feeling of freedom and rush of Adrenalin.

You loss.

Sal, you have "guts and glory" confused with Darwinism.