IGNORED

Article: Sonore microRendu Review, Part 2

Really interesting component. I'm just wondering if adding it into my chain would really make much of an improvement. Currently using Aurender N10 - Berkeley Alpha USB - Berkeley Reference DAC. However, I rarely consider using the N10 as a network player as hickups often occur, especially with higher resolution audio. I'm using an Eero mesh network that, though about as unconstrained as possible, may still create issues, even if I directly wire out to the microRendu. I rarely have any issues with the N10 as its configured today. Guess that's because the USB output is in play, not the Ethernet (other than for iPad use with the app to manage the N10). Using it to network stream to the microRendu might leave that connection at the mercy of the overall network.

Anyone have ideas? Seems that an isolated network, with the iPad, N10 and microRendu kept off other networks, would solve this. But it would be at the expense of NAS or other sources like Tidal or Roon.

Steve Schaffer

Grimm MU1 / dCS Vivaldi Upsampler - APEX DAC - Clock / Spectral DMC-30SV preamp / Spectral Anniversary monoblocks / Wilson Audio Alexia V /  Wilson Lōkē subs / Shunyata Everest / Shunyata Omega interconnects, power cables, Ethernet / Shunyata Altaira / Uptone EtherREGEN switch / Cybershaft OP21A-D / Uptone JS2 LPS / HRS racks - Vortex footers - damping plates

Really interesting component. I'm just wondering if adding it into my chain would really make much of an improvement. Currently using Aurender N10 - Berkeley Alpha USB - Berkeley Reference DAC.

Steve- shoot Cycleman (Dave) a pm. He has your same chain (N10, Alpha USB and Reference DAC) as well as the microRendu.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Steve- shoot Cycleman (Dave) a pm. He has your same chain (N10, Alpha USB and Reference DAC) as well as the microRendu.

Thanks. Will do.

Steve Schaffer

Grimm MU1 / dCS Vivaldi Upsampler - APEX DAC - Clock / Spectral DMC-30SV preamp / Spectral Anniversary monoblocks / Wilson Audio Alexia V /  Wilson Lōkē subs / Shunyata Everest / Shunyata Omega interconnects, power cables, Ethernet / Shunyata Altaira / Uptone EtherREGEN switch / Cybershaft OP21A-D / Uptone JS2 LPS / HRS racks - Vortex footers - damping plates

Is there anyone using a tube pre and amp solution that agrees with Chris's assessment?
Using BAT VK51SE preamp and Lamm hybrid monoblocks(w/Amperex Bugle Boys) and I agree, although I don't have an Aurender on hand to compare. Using the DLNA mode and controlling w/Lumin app via iPad & Android I've not heard better digital here. Compared to my MacMini (Audirvana+), the mR and my custom Ecco Audio-made LPS destroys it.

Digital Source: Synology DS415+ NAS  and Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 Running Roon Core > Blue Jean Cable Cat6a >TP optical converter > Sonore OpticalRendu with Sonore LPS> Curious USB > Denafrips Pontus DAC

Analog Source: Dynavector XX2 mk2> Audiomods Series 5 silver arm > Sota Nova Series VI turntable w/Condor & Roadrunner motor controller/tachometer > Nagra BPS battery powered phono stage>

Both: BAT VK51SE preamp> Krell FPB300 power amp > Sound Lab A3 ESLs > > Custom room treatment > 50 yr. old ears(left-handed)

For best SQ, is streaming files over wifi to the microRendu acceptable, or is ethernet cable from a router the only way to go?

MacBookPro (running Roon) is clearly better via wifi. Surprised me.

Roon client on iPad/MacBookPro

Roon Server & HQPlayer on Mac Mini 2.0 GHz i7 with JS-2

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

This product looks good. I would like to run on wifi, though. What would be the equivalent in this price category (a wifi enabled Roon endpoint)? Currently using a Raspberry Pi3 (which is not bad) but would like something audio grade.

You can just add an inexpensive WiFi bridge and plug that into the microRendu.

John S.

I was able to pre-order last night for July delivery.

[Home Digital] MSB Premier DAC > Modright LS300 > Atma-Sphere "Class D" Monoblocks > Daedalus Audio Muse Studio Speakers

[Home Analog] Technics SL-1200G > Boulder 508 (Benz Glider SL)

[Office] Laptop > Kitsune R2R lvl3 > Violectric V281 > Meze Liric / Meze Elite

[Travel] Laptop/iPad -> Focal Bathys

Does anyone have any experience using JRiver as a control point/server with the uRendu? I tried it last nite, and the volume was down by about a third vs. minimserver and Bubbleupnp, my current server/control point. The JRiver volume slider was maxed out -- ideally I'd like to defeat the volume control, the way it is in Bubbleupnp, and fix the low volume level. Thanks. -- David

Does anyone have any experience using JRiver as a control point/server with the uRendu? I tried it last nite, and the volume was down by about a third vs. minimserver and Bubbleupnp, my current server/control point. The JRiver volume slider was maxed out -- ideally I'd like to defeat the volume control, the way it is in Bubbleupnp, and fix the low volume level. Thanks. -- David

I used JRiver Media Center during this review and had no problems with the volume control. Did you check to see if JRMC is converting audio to a lesser quality before sending it to the microRendu?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I used JRiver Media Center during this review and had no problems with the volume control. Did you check to see if JRMC is converting audio to a lesser quality before sending it to the microRendu?

Chris -- no, I did not.... but will definitely check tonite. Thanks. -- David

Got my microRendo today!

Easy set up and a noticeable improvement in SQ.

Here's my question: Running Roon on my CAPS Zuma everything is great but if I open JRMC or the Tidal app on the CAPS Zuma I get nothing.

How can I get the audio from my CAPS server to route through the mRendu?

I still want to use my JRMC and it seems I need the Tidal app outside Roon to play music videos on my HT projection screen as Tidal within ROON does not do music videos.

....Thanks

CAPS server / NAS / Switcher / mRendu / OPPO BDP105 / Atsha 500 amps / SVS Ultra Towers / Big Screen

2 channel : full Innuos suite / Black Cat USB cables / Kii Three BXT

Desktop : Innuos PulseMINI / Roon ROCK / SaBaj A20d amp-DAC / DCA E3 headphones

Got my microRendo today!

Easy set up and a noticeable improvement in SQ.

Here's my question: Running Roon on my CAPS Zuma everything is great but if I open JRMC or the Tidal app on the CAPS Zuma I get nothing.

How can I get the audio from my CAPS server to route through the mRendu?

I still want to use my JRMC and it seems I need the Tidal app outside Roon to play music videos on my HT projection screen as Tidal within ROON does not do music videos.

....Thanks

CAPS server / NAS / Switcher / mRendu / OPPO BDP105 / Atsha 500 amps / SVS Ultra Towers / Big Screen

In JRMC you probably need to go into the Tools menu, choose Options then Media Network and turn on DLNA to turn JRMC into a media server.

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

For best SQ, is streaming files over wifi to the microRendu acceptable, or is ethernet cable from a router the only way to go?

I was noticing dropouts over wifi from my mac mini to my AirPort Extreme. No problem over Ethernet.

Digital: 2010(!) Mac Mini Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz ; L2 Cache: 3 MB; Memory:8 GB > Roon > HQ Player (polysinc, NS9 upsampling PCM to 192 kHz) > Airport Extreme > Blue Jeans USB cable > Sonore MicroRendu (in NAA mode w/ Sonore DC-4 > LPS-1) > Benchmark HGC DAC2 > Naim Nait XS / Naim Flatcap XS > Naim Naic cables > Spendor A5s or Sennheiser HD600s.

In JRMC you probably need to go into the Tools menu, choose Options then Media Network and turn on DLNA to turn JRMC into a media server.

I did that but also had to to change the mrendu app to DLNA and join HomeGroup on the CAPS, then the rendu player finally showed up in JRMC and played back but not using the JRMC audio engine.

Now...If can only get Tidal on the CAPS to play audio to the network so mRendu will pick it up. Any suggestions on that one?

Thanks....Frank

2 channel : full Innuos suite / Black Cat USB cables / Kii Three BXT

Desktop : Innuos PulseMINI / Roon ROCK / SaBaj A20d amp-DAC / DCA E3 headphones

I am using this one (but it isn't inexpensive):

STRONG-Connected - WLAN Connection Kit Duo

The transmitter is connected to my router LAN port.

This creates a segregated network, however it needs WAN connection for online streaming (Tidal in Roon), firmware upgrades, etc.

I used to use a Netgear WN2500RP for physical Ethernet ports connected via WiFi until I coughed up the dough for MOCA Adapters.

WN2500RP | WiFi Range Extenders | Networking | Home | NETGEAR