IGNORED

Chris Connaker's reminder of « your ignore lists »

HI guys - Remember you can put users on your ignore lists, blocking their comments from your view.

I've not much leisure-time to write nor argue, simply, Chris trusts me enough to...

So, let's just use our Ignore Lists.

And, truly, there are currently only 6 entities on mine (chronologically) :

Daudio, semente, esldude, Jud, Paul R, and ted_b

«

an accurate picture

Sono pessimista con l'intelligenza,

ma ottimista per la volontà.

severe loudspeaker alignment »

Honored to be on your list. Thank you!

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Honored to be on your list. Thank you!

Guess I have to join you in that sentiment. Whatever this guy's agenda is, it is impenetrable to normal sane minds. But at some point I expect he will put the bite on somehow. Probably claiming he is a journalist because he regularly posts here. (*sigh*)

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

To the OP,

One of the best ways to keep people off of your ignore list is to not create provocative threads like this one.

I attained the honor of his ignore list by mocking his creation of another thread he established specifically for the purpose of calling Mario Martinez' bona fides into question, Mario's provision of free high resolution music to many here on the forums having apparently offended him somehow.

You really had to name the people on your ignore list to make your point?

Joel

There was a point?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Maybe we should let Marantz know how their products are being represented here.

Since almost all of his posts seem to be promotions for Marantz, I just assumed he worked for them and stopped reading or looking at his posts (since they mostly are pictures of Marantz gear and their PR releases).

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

The truth is stranger than fiction.

Hmm, maybe I'm reading that statement to be more intriguing than it's actually meant to be. Did it have anything to do with the post putting forth the notion about W working for Marantz?

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

It was meant more to mean something like, "You can't make this $#!T up!" :~)

:)

Maybe we should let Marantz know how their products are being represented here.

I don't think the products are being misrepresented at all. Lots of nice pictures. Lots and lots.

I'm feeling left out.

Only the l33t haxx0r5, buddy. ;)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23995[/ATTACH]

Oh my. Looks like I am on his list too. Ouch!

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Grow a pony tail.

Bahh!!!!

I think there are hurt feelings from past threads where English as not-a-first-language came into play (though I recognize other factors). As someone with a speech impediment, I am particularly sensitive to misunderstandings caused by such things and try to give a wide and generous interpretation even when not "deserved". If I don't, well shame on me. For what it's worth. Now that I have tried growing my hair for the last couple of minutes I am feeling uneasy and need to get to the barber...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

Being pressed for time...

rbi2o7.jpg

Hey, semente, you are pretty good at this Marantz fanboy thing. I won't be putting you on my ignore list!