IGNORED

Chris Connaker's reminder of « your ignore lists »

Reading that quickly I saw the word erogenous.

That too.

Actually I am rather fond of Wilhelm and his elliptical writing style, and find him no more arrogant or obnoxious than many other members here. I could do with fewer ponytail-guy photos, though.

...and I STILL do not agree with the Ignore List concept. Self control in an environment of multidimensional stimuli is a good skill to learn, and if you do not have the self control not to read threads or posts from people you disagree with, then you should just have your time wasted.

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star

...if you do not have the self control not to read threads or posts from people you disagree with, then you should just have your time wasted.
IMO, it has nothing to do with self control and everything to do with not wanting to waste one's time.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

Allan F: that's what I think. I have learned to simply scroll past posts of members who are known irritants to read the comments of those I respect. In most cases, people who are so erogenous that they merit a "ignore" don't last long on the forum. Even people who are a pain in the ass have something worthy to say now and then. At least I hope so, or, no body is reading my posts.

That I ask questions? I am more concerned about being stupid than looking like I might be.

Yes, they are still together because neither knows what the other is talking about, but are too arrogant to admit it...

Naa, she's another Marantz fangirl...

marantz.jpg

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

To lighten things up a bit.

One for Allan F. and Jud

*MOST POLITICIANS ARE LAWYERS*

A father told his three sons when he sent them to university: "I feel

it's my duty to provide you with the best possible education, and you do

not owe me anything for that. However, I want you to appreciate it; as a

token, please each put $1,000 into my coffin when I die."

And so it happened. The sons became a doctor, a lawyer, and a financial

planner, each very successful financially. When they saw their father in

the coffin, they remembered his wish.

First it was the doctor who put ten $100 bills into the coffin of the

deceased. Then came the financial planner, who put a $1,000 bill there,

too. Finally, it was the heartbroken lawyer’s turn. He dipped into his

pocket, took out his chequebook, wrote a cheque for $3,000 put it into his

father's coffin, and took the $2,000 cash.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

......... First it was the doctor who put ten $100 bills into the coffin of the

deceased. Then came the financial planner, who put a $1,000 bill there,

too. Finally, it was the heartbroken lawyer’s turn. He dipped into his

pocket, took out his chequebook, wrote a cheque for $3,000 put it into his

father's coffin, and took the $2,000 cash.

Hi Alex,

Very funny! Thanks for the laugh.

Ajax

LOUNGE: Mac Mini - Audirvana - Devialet 200 - ATOHM GT1 Speakers

OFFICE : Mac Mini - Audirvana - Benchmark DAC1HDR - ADAM A7 Active Monitors

TRAVEL : MacBook Air - Dragonfly V1.2 DAC - Sennheiser HD 650

BEACH : iPhone 6 - HRT iStreamer DAC - Akimate Micro + powered speakers

Respecting my girlfriend's private identity...

Indirectly, I'll share something she cares about, Style Like U « We're a mother-daughter team leading a movement that empowers people to accept and express their true self. »

For example, with the previous two Posters being Australian, of Caitlin Stasey :

[video=youtube;rIE6SxH-JuM]

«

an accurate picture

Sono pessimista con l'intelligenza,

ma ottimista per la volontà.

severe loudspeaker alignment »

To lighten things up a bit.

One for Allan F. and Jud

*MOST POLITICIANS ARE LAWYERS*

Thank you, Alex, but I believe that I have probably heard virtually every lawyer joke in existence. And I fully expect that the same is true of Jud as well. :)

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

Can we sue him for those comments?
Not a chance. Truth is a complete defence to any defamation (libel or slander) suit.

I'll keep it brief, it's about identity.

Myself, I'm using my real name, albeit spelt in Chinese. Am accountable to my family's reputation, as well as association per friends and colleagues for what I write.

Mid December last year, I prompted, freeing myself from publicly persevering with those six entities I've listed.

That's how I'm using my Ignore list. And if their points are worthwhile then others will raise it for me to consider commenting.

Of course, if you don't comment publicly, there's no need to make known who you're Ignore-listing.

As I said at the start :

I've not much leisure-time to write nor argue' date=' simply, [b']Chris[/b] trusts me enough to...

So, let's just use our Ignore Lists.

And, truly, there are currently only 6 entities on mine (chronologically) :

Daudio, semente, esldude, Jud, Paul R, and ted_b

HI guys - Remember you can put users on your ignore lists, blocking their comments from your view.

«

an accurate picture

I'll keep it brief' date=' it's about [u']identity[/u].

Myself, I'm using my real name, albeit spelt in Chinese. Am accountable to my family's reputation, as well as association per friends and colleagues for what I write.

Mid December last year, I prompted, freeing myself from publicly persevering with those six entities I've listed.

That's how I'm using my Ignore list. And if their points are worthwhile then others will raise it for me to consider commenting.

Of course, if you don't comment publicly, there's no need to make known who you're Ignore-listing.

As I said at the start :

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I doubt anyone even takes the time to read your posts anymore. By the way, this is an example of one of those crybaby posts I was talking about. If you want more examples, just read some of your other threads.

My experience has been that the judge doesn't know the truth and the atty's present a case that best benefits their client. It's an advocacy/justice system. But, the person with the most money has an upper hand. In the end, the best decisions come when the judge has the best information. That doesn't happen often enough.

That I ask questions? I am more concerned about being stupid than looking like I might be.

I

Everyone has your number, no one knows who you are. If your loneliness is abated then you're indeed not alone.

Whatever entity you're building yourself as, recall :

Entity calling itself JW Audio' date=' you're but a shadow of your [i']real[/i] self ; your verisimilitudes, shadow's shadow of practicality.

«

an accurate picture

It's an advocacy/justice system. But, the person with the most money has an upper hand. In the end, the best decisions come when the judge has the best information. That doesn't happen often enough.
The legal system in the U.S. and other common law countries is usually referred to as an "adversary system", with advocates representing each side before an impartial judge, or jury, whose job it is to try to determine the truth. In civil cases, the plaintiff, i.e. the person who sues, has the onus or burden of proving his case on a 'balance of probabilities' or a 'preponderance of evidence'. In a criminal case, the state has to prove to a judge or jury that the accused is guilty 'beyond a reasonable doubt'.

It is true that the best decisions result when the judge has the best information. What facts are proven, or "the truth", depends on the quality of the evidence presented. However, judges are people and, as such, they can and do make mistakes. Courts of appeal provide an avenue to correct those mistakes. They, too, don't always get it right. There are rules of evidence that were formulated with the goal of finding the truth.

The legal system in the U.S. and other common law countries is usually referred to as an "adversary system", with advocates representing each side before an impartial judge, or jury, whose job it is to try to determine the truth. In civil cases, the plaintiff, i.e. the person who sues, has the onus or burden of proving his case on a 'balance of probabilities' or a 'preponderance of evidence'. In a criminal case, the state has to prove to a judge or jury that the accused is guilty 'beyond a reasonable doubt'.

It is true that the best decisions result when the judge has the best information. What facts are proven, or "the truth", depends on the quality of the evidence presented. However, judges are people and, as such, they can and do make mistakes. Courts of appeal provide an avenue to correct those mistakes. They, too, don't always get it right. There are rules of evidence that were formulated with the goal of finding the truth.

You forgot matters of strict liability. It applies in certain situations like when you get caught dating an underage girl or get a speeding ticket. Intent is removed from consideration and you automatically get the maximum sentence if convicted. It would be like removing every level of penalty for killing someone. Everyone would get the death penalty. You have to be really careful because its not easy to get off on those things. If you don't bribe the judge, you're screwed.

You forgot matters of strict liability. It applies in certain situations like when you get caught dating an underage girl or get a speeding ticket. Intent is removed from consideration and you automatically get the maximum sentence if convicted. It would be like removing every level of penalty for killing someone. Everyone would get the death penalty. You have to be really careful because its not easy to get off on those things. If you don't bribe the judge, you're screwed.

He didn't forget. The examples and explanation you gave are incorrect on a number of fronts. But if it makes for amusing stories, go with it.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

He didn't forget. The examples and explanation you gave are incorrect on a number of fronts. But if it makes for amusing stories, go with it.

I just meant it to be amusing, but now that you mention it, where did I go wrong?

I just meant it to be amusing, but now that you mention it, where did I go wrong?

Don't have time to do it justice (heh) this evening, but will get back to you tomorrow.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.