IGNORED

Who would you invite to dinner?

Sara Bareilles. Alone of course.

Hopefully you don look like yer avatar sweetie.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Feeling the need for a subject away from things digital I was thinking who I would invite to dinner from the music/equipment worlds.

I personally would love a table for 4 with David Byrne, Kate Bush and Nelson Pass, over a dinner of something funky by Anne Burrell!

Interesting question! David Byrne almost run me over with his bike once, so I would like to have him there to smack him - then see what he says (is this my beautiful life?). Moby for sure. Nelson Pass sounds good (he once helped me bias a cheapo Adcom amp I still own, he was really nice to me). Ed Meitner or someone in the frontlines of digital design (PCM would be ok... ;) ). Jonathan Carr (Lyra cartridges, who I met in Japan in 1998) is also a sweetheart - very nice guy with interesting things to say.

I would've have loved to meet Hiroyasu Kondo - but communication would have been nearly impossible, and whomever was responsible for the original walkman (I don't know if they are alive or not).

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

system pics

When it comes to looks, I'm a subjectivist, and an eternal optimist. :)

Cheers to that!

system pics

EJ Sarmento, Jon Reichbach, Barry Diament, Kenny Barron, Steven Sondheim, Diana Krall, Joni Mitchell catered by Bobby Flay. RSVP please.

Enjoy the company,

Richard

I'll be there. Great list.

system pics

Hmm, let's see: Lyle Lovette, Neko Case, Lucinda Williams and Ray Lamontagne for starters for interesting company. I'd rather talk about life and music than electronics.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

I'll be there. Great list.

You're invited and welcome. I also found too many invitations of those I would have loved to include, but who are no longer on the planet. Perhaps someone could channel Bill Evans, Stan Getz Monk, Miles, Oscar Peterson...the list could grow into a banquet...We could always raise a glass and toast them, coherence over time optional...

What a time that would be,

Richard

Hmm, let's see: Lyle Lovette, Neko Case, Lucinda Williams and Ray Lamontagne for starters for interesting company. I'd rather talk about life and music than electronics.

I saw Ray when he was Ray "Charles" Lamontagne in a little pub in Mystic, CT. He seemed painfully shy and although it was one of the best shows I've seen, probably the best in a small bar, I can't imagine he'd be great dinner company.

I would have Jim Strickland over so I could ask him when he plans to get back into speaker (Acoustat) production. Neil Young (which side does he belong on?) because he seems like he'd be a good conversationalist, and I'm a lifelong fan.

Dinners are so darn formal and make people nervous.

Grilling some steaks or whatever on the back porch, plenty of ice cold drinks, and lot of relaxing conversation.

David Crosby, Dolly Parton, Carlos Barbossa-Lima, and Rick Wakeman. Since it is an open outdoors site as well, I would *also* invite Linda Rondstadt, Stevie Nicks, Carole King, Bette Midler, and Emmylou Harris. Then Balance it out with Aaron Nevil, Elton John, Pete Townshend, Al Stewart, Paul Simon, James Taylor, and so on. I got plenty of room... :)

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Chris Connaker, Michael Fremer, and Pope Francis. (I'll be sitting a different table with Emmylou Harris and Thomas Newman).

Since I went to high-school with Emmylou Harris and knew her well, I had lunch in the cafeteria with her many times (boy, was she a looker! And those legs!). I also made the first recording of her singing and playing the guitar ever made! Do I wish I still had that, but alas, my parents moved while I was in college, and my carefully packed case of reel-to-reel tapes got lost in the move. That tape was one of them!

Emmylou2.jpg

First Picture: Emmylou Harris from our High-School Yearbook

Second picture: Emmylou and Yours Truly, in a school pageant. I'm the "handsome" fellow standing next to the cute blond, who also happened to be my girlfriend at the time.

Emmylou.jpg

George

Feeling the need for a subject away from things digital I was thinking who I would invite to dinner from the music/equipment worlds.

I personally would love a table for 4 with David Byrne, Kate Bush and Nelson Pass, over a dinner of something funky by Anne Burrell!

Any thoughts?

I'd give just about anything to have dinner (or lunch or just a couple of drinks) with Gordon Holt again! He was a great conversationalist and a sharp wit as well as one of my closest friends. I miss him.

George

Hopefully you don look like yer avatar sweetie.

Pot: Kettle you're rather sooty!

:-)

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Beat me to it Bobmd - Tom Waits would be my first pick, hands down.

Billy Bragg, Bjork, Thom Yorke and perhaps Beth Orton (she's just lovely - strolling up to the stage in her orange bikini at a music festival was fabulous. She has a great way of putting you at ease)

A number of dead folk I'd love to sit down to dinner with - Nina Simone, Louis Armstrong and Jimi Hendrix..

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

Pot: Kettle you're rather sooty!

:-)

I think he's a little cutie actually. Stewie that is. Perhaps it's more about what he says rather then what he looks like...in my subjective opinion he's good though. ;-)

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos