IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I'm no packaging expert, but I've never seen poor packaging result in loose screws like that. Crazy. 

exactly...this high end audio dealer says he packed it well and maintains his stance that no protection would have saved the unit. This is one of his lower cost brands (Not that Aurender's are cheap!) so I thought I would be safe by buying through him. The outer box is 3x the size of the inner box which makes no sense. I think he got an inexperienced person to do the shipping and now wants to put the blame on the shipper. No shipping company would have been able to save this. I haven't named the dealer yet since I'm giving him a chance to save the deal. 

1 hour ago, AriMargolis said:

@honeymustardsteve ouch! I see you've been in touch also via our support channel. I will get back to you shortly. For what its worth, it certainly does not look like it is beyond repair. Look out for an email from me shortly. 

thanks Ari, will keep an eye out. Aurender's have always been bulletproof for me. I've gone through a N100h, A10 and for the first time decided to get a used N10 only to get a dud due to poor packaging

I highly suspect that the loose screws are because the top was unscrewed prior to being shipped to you and not screwed back in all the way. 
I think it’s also possible it was shipped to you in a similar condition to what you received? 
Poor packaging would have resulted in actual physical damage like dents and scratches, not loose screws. 

thanks everyone for the support, especially Ari from Aurender Support!

I'll be shipping it back to Aurender for repair at my own cost since the dealer refuses to accept any responsibility once it leaves his hands.

He still believes that he packed it well.

As a result, I'll have to file a paypal claim once I get the repair estimate from Aurender. 

A few days ago, about half the albums on my Tidal favorites list stopped playing.  I can put one of these albums on my playlist and tap it to play, but after a few seconds the play triangle will skip by itself to some other album on the list and play the other album.  If I clear the playlist of all albums and then put one of the problem albums on the playlist and tap it, then just silence.  About half of the albums on my Tidal favorites list play normally.  Anyone else with this problem?  Any ideas?

I have the ASC10.

9 hours ago, JS21 said:

WTH!?!
The loose screws are just beyond any conventional explanation. This is definitely 100% on the dealer. Would love to know who the dealer was. He should’ve insured it to begin with. 
Good luck on your claim and hope it all works out for you in the end. 

Indeed, this is absolutely crazy. The dealer should pay for the damage. Simply impossible that those screws were fixed before shipping. This sounds like someone has opened your N10 for whatever reason before shipping it. Sounds very suspicious to me and I myself would not accept this.

Good luck handling the case.

1 hour ago, Aurender1 said:

A few days ago, about half the albums on my Tidal favorites list stopped playing.  I can put one of these albums on my playlist and tap it to play, but after a few seconds the play triangle will skip by itself to some other album on the list and play the other album.  If I clear the playlist of all albums and then put one of the problem albums on the playlist and tap it, then just silence.  About half of the albums on my Tidal favorites list play normally.  Anyone else with this problem?  Any ideas?

I have the ASC10.

Yes, a few cases have occurred for me too. I put it down to something Tidal have done; almost seems like a broken link or tidy-up of their database perhaps? When I redo the search for the album and re-add the new find to my library, that works.

I guess if Tidal may have removed some of your albums completely? or it is because you say it is a problem for an album in your playlist? But try the search and linking again; I doubt this would solve the problems with albums in your playlist because the playlist will be pointing to a missing link, but as I say, it has worked for my library

Aurender W20 Music Server, Kii Three Active Speakers, Kii Digital Controller

Audioquest Diamond USB, Audioquest Niagara 7000 conditioner, Audioquest NRG-1000 HC mains leads

3 hours ago, Aurender1 said:

A few days ago, about half the albums on my Tidal favorites list stopped playing. 

Yes, we noticed this starting to happen some time on Sunday. A lot of Tidal tracks, mostly MQA, were failing to play and the player engine would just skip to the next track until it landed on one that would play. 

It appears Tidal made some changes to their servers and it caused some broken/incompatible links which normally wouldn't be a problem in Tidal's native app, but it can and did cause problems with Aurender's (and other third party's) Tidal playback integration. 

Aurender's software team developed an "emergency" System Software update to remedy this issue and it is being released shortly (see below).

In the mean time, Tidal seems to have rolled back whatever changes they made. If you log out of Tidal in the Conductor app (Settings>Streaming), restart your Aurender, and log back in, you should be good to go!

The significant System Software update containing this and many other fixes/improvements is being released shortly. So, if something like this happens again with Tidal integration, it should not be a problem:

V.4.21.303, 5.21.303 & 1.21.304 for A10/A100/N100/N100C/N100SC/N10/W20/W20SE/N20/ACS10/ACS100/A30

Improved

• Scanner
    • Now supports scanning files over 2GB
    • If there is no Track # tag in the metadata, Track # can now be extracted automatically from the file name.
  • Added Native DSD support for more DACs:
    • Esoteric K-01 & K-03XD
    • Bel Canto Hi-Res 2
    • Primare DM35
  • Improved file copying speed over network.
  • Improved DAC compatibility with N20
    • Berkley Audio Designs Alpha 3
    • Ayre Acoustic
    • MBL N32
  • Added RAID1 support for ACS100

Bug fixes

• Fixed an issue where some tracks from TIDAL would not play
  • Fixed an issue with Random Play mode for songs from library
  • Fixed an issue where local playlist failed to load in a specific condition
  • Fixed an issue where recently played 2,000 songs failed to load in a specific condition
  • Fixed an issue with clone function
  • Fixed a false “Storage Error” notification for models with user-installable storage (N100SC/N20/ACS100)
  • Fixed an issue with some internet radio stations
  • Fixed an issue to detect deleted content while scanning
  • Fixed an issue with CD ripping failures in a specific condition (ACS10/ACS100/A30)
  • Fixed an issue where SAMBA server fails in a specific condition
  • Fixed other minor bugs and improved stability

29 minutes ago, AriMargolis said:

Yes, we noticed this starting to happen some time on Sunday. A lot of Tidal tracks, mostly MQA, were failing to play and the player engine would just skip to the next track until it landed on one that would play. 

@arimargolis .... might not be important but this has been going-on for a lot longer than the last couple of days. I only mention it in case it is important!

Audioquest Diamond USB, Audioquest Niagara 7000 conditioner, Audioquest NRG-1000 HC mains leads

If you log out of Tidal in the Conductor app (Settings>Streaming), restart your Aurender, and log back in, you should be good to go!

This did not work.  By "restart your Aurender" I assume you meant shut down the Aurender with the on/off on the back panel.  I did this and your procedure did not work.  When will Aurender offer the update that fixes this problem.  And, when available, how do I install the update?

@Aurender1 Instructions here: What is the proper way to shut down my Aurender?

As mentioned above I don't have an exact ETA for the update but it is coming very soon...like today or tomorrow as far as I know.

FYI this week's Tidal issue has not been isolated to Aurender...it is fairly widespread: positive-feedback.com /industry-news/simaudio-announces-tidal-master-mqa-problem-with-the-moon-mind-2-fix-coming

15 hours ago, AriMargolis said:

@Aurender1 Instructions here: What is the proper way to shut down my Aurender?

As mentioned above I don't have an exact ETA for the update but it is coming very soon...like today or tomorrow as far as I know.

FYI this week's Tidal issue has not been isolated to Aurender...it is fairly widespread: positive-feedback.com /industry-news/simaudio-announces-tidal-master-mqa-problem-with-the-moon-mind-2-fix-coming

I just installed the update , so it’s here :) 

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Is there a way to disable autocorrect in the Conductor app?

Like most apps, I wonder if Conductor's search box makes ref/uses IOS's API's, hence this 'feature' is a function of IOS....every search box, on every App I use, seems to do the same thing!

Probably to do with Apple's strict sandbox approach to its OS's?

On 3/29/2021 at 8:24 AM, Bazinga said:

Anyone having issues with Aurender light freezing up ? Also is the clock connection 75 or 50 ohm ? 

It’s a 75 ohm connection.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the iPhone app. When in doubt, it is always good to quit and reopen any app that has become unresponsive. If you notice any pattern or consistent behavior that makes the app “freeze,” then there may be a bug. Any possible bug reports should be sent to [email protected] so that we can investigate and fix them. Your feedback is very much appreciated!

On 4/1/2021 at 12:31 PM, PedroS said:

Just curious to know why the N20 doesn't lock on the Ideon Audio Absolute Time?

Hi Pedro, I think some clarification is needed to learn how you are trying to use that device. From a quick look at the  Ideon website, it appears to be a re-clocking device, not an external word clock or master clock. But I have not had time to study that unit in depth. Please feel free to reach out to me or Pablo at [email protected] for assistance. You may also want to consult Ideon Audio for more information on putting their device to its best use.