IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, AriMargolis said:

Hi Pedro, I think some clarification is needed to learn how you are trying to use that device. From a quick look at the  Ideon website, it appears to be a re-clocking device, not an external word clock or master clock. But I have not had time to study that unit in depth. Please feel free to reach out to me or Pablo at [email protected] for assistance. You may also want to consult Ideon Audio for more information on putting their device to its best use.

Hi Ari,

Thanks for answering.

I'm not using Ideon Time as a clock, just as an USB enhancer...

I have already contacted Ideon, but they can't do anymore about it...

I would like to try the Ideon Absolute Time, to learn if it increases USB sound quality.

It connects and lock to my Mac, but it refuses to connect and lock to N20.

I have opened a ticket on support but yet no answer. I do understand that it might be an hardware incompatibility, and of course, I have agreed with Ideon to return it, if I don't like it. But, before returning I would like to hear what it can do.

Connected to dCS Bridge, Spdif, it does increase sound quality, but with N20 can't tell, because, they don't match, and least yet.

Hi @PedroS I see your support request was received over the weekend. I expect our European support rep will be responding to you shortly. 

With SPDIF there should be no compatibility issues. Is it working fine with SPDIF output from your N20?

I can see from the Remote Support Email ticket you sent (you did the right thing by sending that!) that your N20 IS locked on to a USB audio device, presumably the Ideal Time re-clocker:

"USB DAC : Async 44.1kHz USB Device 0x644:0x806c"

Given that a USB handshake is established, I would not be at all surprised if our engineering team can examine the USB connection and make whatever change is needed to make it work properly. Then again, it is also a possibility that this device is not compatible with a Linux source like ours. I see no mention of that in the product's manual. Either way, we'll find out! Thank you!

29 minutes ago, AriMargolis said:

Hi @PedroS I see your support request was received over the weekend. I expect our European support rep will be responding to you shortly. 

With SPDIF there should be no compatibility issues. Is it working fine with SPDIF output from your N20?

I can see from the Remote Support Email ticket you sent (you did the right thing by sending that!) that your N20 IS locked on to a USB audio device, presumably the Ideal Time re-clocker:

"USB DAC : Async 44.1kHz USB Device 0x644:0x806c"

Given that a USB handshake is established, I would not be at all surprised if our engineering team can examine the USB connection and make whatever change is needed to make it work properly. Then again, it is also a possibility that this device is not compatible with a Linux source like ours. I see no mention of that in the product's manual. Either way, we'll find out! Thank you!

Hi Ari, That USB handshake is with my Esoteric K-03xd.

With the Ideon it doesn't establish an USB connection at all...

Yes, all ok with Spdif

42 minutes ago, HDgeorge said:

Ideon Audio reclocker devices are off-spec.

Previously they suggested very short length USB cable on their previous reclock device. Many compatibility issues with various brands have been reported with Ideon reclocking devices.

I think you are just right...

1 minute ago, PedroS said:

Hi Ari, That USB handshake is with my Esoteric K-03xd.

With the Ideon it doesn't establish an USB connection at all...

I see. If you would, please leave it connected to the Ideon via USB starting around 11 PM your time. It is worth a try for our engineering team to take a look remotely while the Ideon is connected via USB, even if a successful handshake does not appear to be established.

8 minutes ago, AriMargolis said:

I see. If you would, please leave it connected to the Ideon via USB starting around 11 PM your time. It is worth a try for our engineering team to take a look remotely while the Ideon is connected via USB, even if a successful handshake does not appear to be established.

Sure, I'll do it

12 hours ago, AriMargolis said:

It was on and connected since last night.

Seems nothing happened, still no USB handshake yet.

Do you know if the engineering team has been through?

@Ari

Today my Aurender N100H's wifi stopped working. Conductor on iPhone is stuck on downloading data - I guess it was in the middle of a sw update? Also my iPad which I usually use to control it fails to find the Aurender. 

Any suggestions appreciated

I’ve been experiencing an intermittent problem with my Aurender W20 during the past 2-3 months, under the following conditions:

1) W20 on standby mode, with AC cable connected, powered down from a bright-glow square button on the chassis, to a soft-glow square, via the Conductor App, pressing down on the blue play/pause button and “Power off” selected (instead of “Pause”).

2) Next morning, a manual push on the soft-glow square on the chassis, for it to go through its usual power-on cycle, taking about a minute, resulting in a bright-glow square, and the display showing “Select Song”

3) Upon launching the Conductor App on my iPad Pro, and seeing the usual interface window appear, a message “updating Aurender” appears in a blue square.  Then, the W20 powers down, disconnects, and becomes unresponsive to the Conductor’s command.  Manually pushing the square button is the only way to resume operations and connection to the Commander App.  Upon turn-on, the amber VU meter becomes visible momentarily, even though that particular display option is not selected as a default.

Anyone else experiencing this very strange and unwelcome behavior on their Aurender units, requiring powering on TWICE before it’s operational?

BTW, I have the following versions installed:

Aurender App version: 3.12.47 (8)

Aurender System App version: 4.21.309 (W20}

I have not reported this issue to Aurender yet, because I was waiting for an updated firmware software, but apparently this problem has persisted through a number of incremental software updates...

On 4/5/2021 at 8:05 PM, AriMargolis said:

And it's the end of the story!

Another great Aurender support, the engineers Team went through, but unfortunately, as both units don't establish an USB handshake, not much more can be done.

So, couple of options are ion the table... returning the Ideon, or replacing the N20...

As I do like so much the N20 on my system, I'm going to return the Ideon Audio Absolute Time, as it doesn't work as expected.

My system:

dCS Bridge

Aurender N20

Esoteric K-03xd

DarTZeel CTH-8550 Mk2

Sonus Faber Serafino

Again, much appreciated all Aurender effort to solve the issue.

3 hours ago, Quadiffusor HK said:

I’ve been experiencing an intermittent problem with my Aurender W20 during the past 2-3 months, under the following conditions:

1) W20 on standby mode, with AC cable connected, powered down from a bright-glow square button on the chassis, to a soft-glow square, via the Conductor App, pressing down on the blue play/pause button and “Power off” selected (instead of “Pause”).

2) Next morning, a manual push on the soft-glow square on the chassis, for it to go through its usual power-on cycle, taking about a minute, resulting in a bright-glow square, and the display showing “Select Song”

3) Upon launching the Conductor App on my iPad Pro, and seeing the usual interface window appear, a message “updating Aurender” appears in a blue square.  Then, the W20 powers down, disconnects, and becomes unresponsive to the Conductor’s command.  Manually pushing the square button is the only way to resume operations and connection to the Commander App.  Upon turn-on, the amber VU meter becomes visible momentarily, even though that particular display option is not selected as a default.

Anyone else experiencing this very strange and unwelcome behavior on their Aurender units, requiring powering on TWICE before it’s operational?

I have not reported this issue to Aurender yet, because I was waiting for an updated firmware software, but apparently this problem has persisted through a number of incremental software updates...

Sorry to read about your troubles. But, why would you shut down your W20 each time? The usual practice would be to leave it in stand-by by pushing the pause button (on the W20 or in Conductor). After 5 minutes or so the W20 will go into sleep mode. Problem solved.. 😉

2 hours ago, PedroS said:

And it's the end of the story!

Another great Aurender support, the engineers Team went through, but unfortunately, as both units don't establish an USB handshake, not much more can be done.

So, couple of options are ion the table... returning the Ideon, or replacing the N20...

As I do like so much the N20 on my system, I'm going to return the Ideon Audio Absolute Time, as it doesn't work as expected.

My system:

dCS Bridge

Aurender N20

Esoteric K-03xd

DarTZeel CTH-8550 Mk2

Sonus Faber Serafino

Again, much appreciated all Aurender effort to solve the issue.

Smart move 

On 4/7/2021 at 3:05 AM, Quadiffusor HK said:

This may not help but sometimes powering down via the front switch, then turning the rear switch off and then removing the power cord for a few minutes helps. YMMV.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

Hello, i'm new to this forum and just got an aurender A10. im using an ipad pro to run the aurender app. I signed up for tidal and can play songs, however it says to enable masters settings. Every video ive seen has normal, high , hifi and masters. mine only has the first 3. No choice for masters, yet i signed up for the $20 highest tidal choice. What am i missing?