IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

@AriMargolis 

For the past couple of days I’ve been experiencing something very strange when playing albums on Conductor from Qobuz. 
When I add the album, it only plays the first 30 seconds of each song? (Like a sampler or something)?

I've tried to add the album to my Library and I’ve tried to use the clear the que / cache feature, still happens ? 
Has anyone else ever experienced this or any thoughts on what may be causing this? 

6 minutes ago, agladstone said:

@AriMargolis 

For the past couple of days I’ve been experiencing something very strange when playing albums on Conductor from Qobuz. 
When I add the album, it only plays the first 30 seconds of each song? (Like a sampler or something)?

I've tried to add the album to my Library and I’ve tried to use the clear the que / cache feature, still happens ? 
Has anyone else ever experienced this or any thoughts on what may be causing this? 

@agladstone

This will happen for one of two reasons:

• the music content has not been officially released yet, or is only available on Qobuz as a "preview". Troubleshoot this by pulling up the same content in the Qobuz app and see if the complete tracks are available.

or, if it is happening for ALL Qobuz content as opposed to just a few tracks here and there,

• there is a problem with your Qobuz account. Double check that your subscription is active. If so:

1. In the Conductor app, go to Settings>Streaming>Qobuz and log out of your Qobuz account by tapping "logout."

2. Restart the Aurender (the easiest way to do this is to press & hold the play button on the Conductor app and then tap "restart")

3. When the Aurender boots back up, log back into your Qobuz account and you should be good to go.

Thanks @AriMargolis !! 
I will try both suggestions! 
I did recently change from individual plan to a family plan, I wonder if that’s the culprit? 
when I look at the albums on Qobuz, it shows the full time for each song , but only plays for the 30 seconds when in the que. 
It is all of the old / original early British released Rolling Stones albums that it was happening with. (Rolling Stones 2, Rolling Stones Now, 12X5, etc ). 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody, I am new to the forum. I had a N100H and upgraded to N20. I use the AMM Manager to Scan external discs. Everything works perfect with the N100H. Now I tried the same with the N20 but connecting the external disc to the Aurender after sacanning with the AMM shows all the meta data but if i choose a song to play, this disappears few seconds later, as if the disc is not connected. But i can copy songs from the disc and can choose the songs from the folder structure. But not by the normal Menue.

anyone here have a clue? I hope I described everything understandable.

many greetings 

lars

Station has been in my Favorites since day one. Stopped playing several days ago. It displays,  but no information on what's playing,  no sound. I'd like to reinstall the URL, but I cannot find the URL in a format required by the Aurender 

@bsinc here I found the streaming URL of that station for you...just tested on my end and it is live! http://174.36.206.197:8000/stream1

Here is how to save a custom radio station:

1. Tap the blue lightning bolt SHOUTcast icon to enter internet radio-land

2. Tap the "+" button in the upper left to add a custom station

3. Enter the name and URL of the station. It can be tricky to find these sometimes. Normally compatible streams will end in .mp3 or .m3u or .pls, but not always as in this case.

4. Save!

IMG_1169.thumb.jpg.4ab59946552fcf70fbd263e5d4c99526.jpg

Here's a hot tip for finding radio URLs, a lot of stations, like this Venice Classic Radio station, have downloadable links for "how to listen." On that page, you can download links for files that will start the IR stream in iTunes, Winamp, etc. Download the file and play it in iTunes. Right click on the file and hit "Song Info." Then you'll see the "location" (streaming URL) in the file properties:

image.thumb.png.d5b6dc6ae32052c74d624ad5dd84936a.png

6 hours ago, Ponzi said:

Question:  If one has a W20SE and an ASC10, the first unit can see and play the CDs ripped to the second unit’s hard drive.  But is one losing anything by not having to data on the first unit’s hard drive?

@PonziAbsolutely not losing anything in playing that way. It is totally indistinguishable whether the content is stored locally or on an ACS10. Cache-based playback remains the same and actually there is an argument that playing from ACS content uses even less system resources (of the W20SE) and generates less noise than playing W20SE locally stored content.

Hi. New here. Just got an A30 a week ago and have been breaking it in. What an awesome piece of gear!!

One interesting thing though...my remote appears to have stopped working after 3 days of working. ? Any one had this happen? Am I doing something wrong?? 

8 minutes ago, JamesV said:

Hi. New here. Just got an A30 a week ago and have been breaking it in. What an awesome piece of gear!!

One interesting thing though...my remote appears to have stopped working after 3 days of working. ? Any one had this happen? Am I doing something wrong?? 

@JamesV Thanks for using an Aurender in your system. Glad you are enjoying the A30...I agree...it's one of my favorites.

Hit me up at [email protected] and we'll figure it out. For starters, try restarting the A30. If it's still not working at that point, try changing the batteries. 

I'm wondering about the streaming quality comparison between the N10 (which I have) and the W20 and/or W20se.

My streaming is Qobuz and digital interface from N10 to DAC is USB.  At this point, I'm only interested in the possible upgrade to the W20 while still retaining the USB connection.

Does anyone have experience with these. Please comment. Thanks!

@tmsI have a W20 and I use Tidal rather than Qobuz and two things I have noted:

The quality of the files on Tidal can be quite variable. What I mean is there might be multiple copies of the same album and yet one may sound different to another. Just ‘a-b’ a couple of tracks and you can soon hear it on a W20. I don’t know if it’s the same with Qobuz. 

The Hirez versions of the Tidal albums are generally very good, but my own copies of the same album in every case sound superior. Not night and day differences but definitely superior. For this reason, if I like a new album after listening on Tidal, I will tend to buy a permanent copy rather than listen through Tidal. Ironically, I usually buy from Qobuz because they have a big catalogue but I preferably buy from HDTracks if available. I dunno, I might be wrong, but HDTracks’ quality seems more consistent somehow. 

Now whether the ability to hear the difference between streaming and ‘hard copies’ is down to the W20 or not I don’t know, I have no other reference. But it is interesting that with the W20, I can hear the difference between the two mediums. Is that a blessing or a curse?!!

I hope this helps

Aurender W20 Music Server, Kii Three Active Speakers, Kii Digital Controller

Audioquest Diamond USB, Audioquest Niagara 7000 conditioner, Audioquest NRG-1000 HC mains leads

13 hours ago, tms said:

I'm wondering about the streaming quality comparison between the N10 (which I have) and the W20 and/or W20se.

My streaming is Qobuz and digital interface from N10 to DAC is USB.  At this point, I'm only interested in the possible upgrade to the W20 while still retaining the USB connection.

Does anyone have experience with these. Please comment. Thanks!

Don't you consider the N20?

PedroS, I haven't considered the N20 for a few reasons: no reviews worth noting comparing it with W20se, and, I live in a state with no Aurender dealers (argh!). So I have to go on recommendations of others. The only reference I have read re N20/W20se is (I think it was Ari who said this) that the N20 had more bass response and might be better suited to rock/etc. Almost all of my listening is classical music, anything from 13th century to 2021.