IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

On 4/7/2021 at 6:22 PM, Vincent1234 said:

Sorry to read about your troubles. But, why would you shut down your W20 each time? The usual practice would be to leave it in stand-by by pushing the pause button (on the W20 or in Conductor). After 5 minutes or so the W20 will go into sleep mode. Problem solved.. 😉

Hi Vincent,

In my installation, AC power is delivered from my PS Audio P20 to the Aurender W20.  Effectively, there's a 25% penalty due to losses related to the P20's inefficiency.  While streaming, the W20 consumes about 33W x 1.25 = 41W.  Pushing pause, and waiting for the W20 to go into standby only saves 3W, as it consumes 30watts x 1.25 = 38W.  I see no point of running it 24/7/365 because on average, my W20 is not used 70-80% of the time.  Additionally, the peripheral external SOtM boxes (nH-10G x 2, USBultra x 1) and their DC power supplies consume at least 80W x 1.25 = 100W.  Combined, that's a savings of ~140W if I power them off.

8 hours ago, Aurender1 said:

This is all new to me.  Once I download an album from HDtracks to my computer, how do I transfer the album to my ACS10?

You do it through your computer.

On the manual you'll find the way to discover your Aurender in your net, and then it's just a simple way of copy/paste.

If you have a NAS or an external disks, after connected to the ACS10 you can use the copy on the ACS app

2 hours ago, PedroS said:

You do it through your computer.

On the manual you'll find the way to discover your Aurender in your net, and then it's just a simple way of copy/paste.

If you have a NAS or an external disks, after connected to the ACS10 you can use the copy on the ACS app

Can one copy the album from the computer to a thumb drive and then copy the album from the thumb drive to the Aurender?

Hi @udis ..... don't know about the claimed efficiency [or inefficiency], but the act of converting AC --> DC--> AC, which is what the P20 does, uses energy and dissipates it predominantly as heat. 

Eg, in this case approx 100W-electrical-in ---> 75W-electrical-out & 25W-heat-out

Hope this helps

Aurender W20 Music Server, Kii Three Active Speakers, Kii Digital Controller

Audioquest Diamond USB, Audioquest Niagara 7000 conditioner, Audioquest NRG-1000 HC mains leads

On 4/11/2021 at 7:48 PM, Nortonowner said:

Hello, i'm new to this forum and just got an aurender A10. im using an ipad pro to run the aurender app. I signed up for tidal and can play songs, however it says to enable masters settings. Every video ive seen has normal, high , hifi and masters. mine only has the first 3. No choice for masters, yet i signed up for the $20 highest tidal choice. What am i missing?

“HIFI” membership will enable you to listen to masters.

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

Does anyone know if there's a way to make the N100C's power light dimmer when it's on standby? 

Currently, the power light dims only when the Front Display setting in the Conductor app is set to Display Off during playback. 

But when on the unit goes into standby, the power light brightens up again. 

The first photo shows the dim light when music is playing (display off). The second photo shows the bright light when the unit is in standby. 

1041194857_01MusicPlaying-DisplayOff_resize.thumb.jpg.d882051b87f997a75b2379308cb718fd.jpg

1918419524_02Standby_resize.thumb.jpg.492bd4bf7a26aec3736f861ea5ffc23f.jpg

6 hours ago, lmf22 said:

Does anyone know if there's a way to make the N100C's power light dimmer when it's on standby? 

Currently, the power light dims only when the Front Display setting in the Conductor app is set to Display Off during playback. 

But when on the unit goes into standby, the power light brightens up again. 

The first photo shows the dim light when music is playing (display off). The second photo shows the bright light when the unit is in standby. 

Unfortunately this cannot be changed right now, but I have requested it as an option.

It can dim to 75% when the display is off and to 25% when the unit is turned off, so it would be really nice if we would be able to dim it through an option in the menu. 

Send a message through  support, the more requests the better!

An annoying noise annoys an oyster

8 minutes ago, Aurender1 said:

When buying a musical file from a store like HDtracks to play on an Aurender, what file format should one select for best sound?

It really depends.

My choice is always the highest possible definition, including DSD. But, if you choose DSD be aware of what your SERVER/DAC can read. Also the type of connection, like, you have a DSD512 DAC not connected through USB, odds are you cannot play it as, normally DoP goes for DSD64.

29 minutes ago, Aurender1 said:

When buying a musical file from a store like HDtracks to play on an Aurender, what file format should one select for best sound?

there are umpteen posts on umpteen forums on this subject! Everyone has an opinion on flac vs wav vs any other lossless format and then there are even more conflicting opinions on sample rate, bit rate etc. 

good luck unravelling that lot!

Trust your ears and the rest will follow!

Aurender W20 Music Server, Kii Three Active Speakers, Kii Digital Controller

Audioquest Diamond USB, Audioquest Niagara 7000 conditioner, Audioquest NRG-1000 HC mains leads

The N100H is my first step into the world of streaming but discovering how superior it is vs using a laptop has been quite the revelation! In fact, ripped CDs sound better than via my high-end transport using a CDPro2 laser.

My question:

Where to find instructions to use the N100H  "manually", i.e. away from a network, using only the front panel buttons to access & play files on the HDD?

This would be VERY useful when traveling to locations without a network or very difficult to connect to the network.

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, tmhaudio said:

The N100H is my first step into the world of streaming but discovering how superior it is vs using a laptop has been quite the revelation! In fact, ripped CDs sound better than via my high-end transport using a CDPro2 laser.

My question:

Where to find instructions to use the N100H  "manually", i.e. away from a network, using only the front panel buttons to access & play files on the HDD?

This would be VERY useful when traveling to locations without a network or very difficult to connect to the network.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @tmhaudio, glad to hear you are enjoying using the Aurender in your system. The interface/controls from the hard buttons on the front panel alone are limited to pulling up saved playlists, and play/pause/next/previous commands. However, you can use a USB WiFi adapter like this to create your own little Aurender LAN on the go. You'll find instructions here: https://aurender.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500007493101

Note: this won't give you internet access for streaming, software updates, or remote support, but it will be a great solution for you to play locally stored or USB attached library content. 

Hope this helps!

2 hours ago, AriMargolis said:

Hi @tmhaudio, glad to hear you are enjoying using the Aurender in your system. The interface/controls from the hard buttons on the front panel alone are limited to pulling up saved playlists, and play/pause/next/previous commands. However, you can use a USB WiFi adapter like this to create your own little Aurender LAN on the go. You'll find instructions here: https://aurender.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500007493101

Note: this won't give you internet access for streaming, software updates, or remote support, but it will be a great solution for you to play locally stored or USB attached library content. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the reply, Ari - much appreciated.

If I understand correctly, the Aurender MUST be connected to a WiFi network - either via hard wired or a USB adapter. 

Is this correct?

btw, I've noticed upgrading the fuse improves the sound quality - transparency, detail, air/space, soundstage. Properly isolating chassis provides additional sonic benefits, too.

9 minutes ago, tmhaudio said:

Thanks for the reply, Ari - much appreciated.

If I understand correctly, the Aurender MUST be connected to a WiFi network - either via hard wired or a USB adapter. 

Is this correct?

btw, I've noticed upgrading the fuse improves the sound quality - transparency, detail, air/space, soundstage. Properly isolating chassis provides additional sonic benefits, too.

Out of curiosity, what fuse and what isolation are you using that has brought about the improvement for you? 

5 minutes ago, agladstone said:

Out of curiosity, what fuse and what isolation are you using that has brought about the improvement for you? 

Any quality fuse using a silver fuse wire.

Xindak sells a 2A glass fuse using 4N silver fuse wire for $10 each that provides noticeable sound improvements as I noted previously.

Also, vibration isolation (as with any audio component) can bring improvements, too.

Ditto quality AC cords.

Isolation? So many to choose from - everyone has their favorites. I prefer/use this UK design:

https://www.customdesign.co.uk/Definitive-Acoustic-HiFi-support-table-hifi-furniture-Custom-Design-Inert-Aluminium-total-isolation-iRAP-hifi-stand-Cd-hifi-support-hifi-table-hifi-stands-hifi-equipment-stand-hifi-equipment-support-hifi-equipment-table-speaker-stand-speaker-stands-hifi-s

20 minutes ago, tmhaudio said:

...and the Conductor must be used to select & play tracks - correct?

Yes, that's correct. Again, you can use the hard buttons to start a playlist, or to resume playing a queue left over from your last listening session, but other than that you need the Conductor app to search, browse, and control playback.

1 hour ago, tmhaudio said:

Any quality fuse using a silver fuse wire.

Xindak sells a 2A glass fuse using 4N silver fuse wire for $10 each that provides noticeable sound improvements as I noted previously.

Also, vibration isolation (as with any audio component) can bring improvements, too.

Ditto quality AC cords.

Isolation? So many to choose from - everyone has their favorites. I prefer/use this UK design:

https://www.customdesign.co.uk/Definitive-Acoustic-HiFi-support-table-hifi-furniture-Custom-Design-Inert-Aluminium-total-isolation-iRAP-hifi-stand-Cd-hifi-support-hifi-table-hifi-stands-hifi-equipment-stand-hifi-equipment-support-hifi-equipment-table-speaker-stand-speaker-stands-hifi-s

Thanks! I’m going to research some of these suggested products! 

2 hours ago, AriMargolis said:

Yes, that's correct. Again, you can use the hard buttons to start a playlist, or to resume playing a queue left over from your last listening session, but other than that you need the Conductor app to search, browse, and control playback.

@AriMargolis - thank you for your insightful comments as they were very helpful in my understanding of the N100H.