IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

I too am using an Ayre QB-9 Twenty. My N10 is showing the latest 4.21.86 software and my iPad is showing 3.6.4 software. However I am not showing the native DSD toggle under the Advanced tab in settings. The Aurender site does not indicate that the N10 obtained this capability with the last update but Ari wrote that it did a few entries back. @KenCyclingNYC does your N10 indicate that it is “ready” to go native digital?? 

my N10 didn’t want to update to this latest software but Aurender took care of it after I sent a request. Very happy with that! But after that issue I’m not sure if my unit is troubled or if this capability is not yet implemented in the N10. Thanks in advance to anyone who understands this better than I and is willing to bring me up to speed. 

4 minutes ago, bsinc said:

Later that same day: Ari got hold of me via my service request. After clarifying a few things he said he’d work on my case to make the Aurender work with the Ayre. Hours later I received an email to reboot my digital gear and see if the patch he applied worked. It did! It does! No volume issues- I switched between every sampling rate in my library and back to DSD seamlessly. Outstanding service and support all in less than 1 day

344E797A-5C6A-4B3B-BC44-97F455DF279C.jpeg

Terrific!

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

18 hours ago, Clyde2 said:

I too am using an Ayre QB-9 Twenty. My N10 is showing the latest 4.21.86 software and my iPad is showing 3.6.4 software. However I am not showing the native DSD toggle under the Advanced tab in settings. The Aurender site does not indicate that the N10 obtained this capability with the last update but Ari wrote that it did a few entries back. @KenCyclingNYC does your N10 indicate that it is “ready” to go native digital?? 

my N10 didn’t want to update to this latest software but Aurender took care of it after I sent a request. Very happy with that! But after that issue I’m not sure if my unit is troubled or if this capability is not yet implemented in the N10. Thanks in advance to anyone who understands this better than I and is willing to bring me up to speed. 

18 hours ago, Clyde2 said:

I own both a N10 and Ayre QX-5 as well as PSA DSDs.    I haven’t been able to update to the newest software showing the native DSD toggle. Very frustrating.  Let’s hope that it will be fixed for all of us with identical or similar gear or I am going to think to look elsewhere.  Any fix coming soon for all of us?

Aurender N10 music server, Ayre QX-5 & PS Audio DirectStream DACs, PS Audio DMP transport, Ayre KX-R 20 preamp, Ayre MX-R 20mono blocks, Sonus Faber Stradivari speakers, Shunyata Denali 6000S v2/Typhon QR power distributor, Shunyata Research Sigma & Synergistic Research Galileo  cables and power cords. DH Labs digital XLR, BNC, USB, optical cables 

21 hours ago, Clyde2 said:

My N10 doesn't have this feature yet and I think I have the latest upgrades. 

• Aurender App. 3.6.(4)
  • System Version 4.21.86

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

It seems we are stopped at the same intersection. The powers that be are working on it. @rwwjr44 have you sent an email to Aurender yet? They are quite busy these days apparently but I believe they group similar issues together and solve them en masse. Bsinc had great results. Kudos to Aurender and in his case, Ayre, for all the support. 

The newest conductor is in the App Store! I just downloaded it and have the Native DSD toggle under the Advanced 2 tab. Progress is being made! Thank you to Ari Margolis and the folks at Aurender for such a strong effort in getting this going in such a short time. My N10 doesn’t yet recognize my DAC as native DSD capable. I know that it is so I’m certain that will be patched up quickly. 

1 hour ago, wjt3 said:

Has anyone come up with a good way to back up their Aurender?? I have the ACS10 and use Mac/Apple computers

Thanks

I use GoodSync to update from my PC -> Aurender. I also use it to backup to my Synology.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

On 5/14/2020 at 9:20 AM, Clyde2 said:

The newest conductor is in the App Store! I just downloaded it and have the Native DSD toggle under the Advanced 2 tab. Progress is being made! Thank you to Ari Margolis and the folks at Aurender for such a strong effort in getting this going in such a short time. My N10 doesn’t yet recognize my DAC as native DSD capable. I know that it is so I’m certain that will be patched up quickly. 

Works like a champ. Thanks Ari. 

On 5/13/2020 at 9:14 AM, Clyde2 said:

It seems we are stopped at the same intersection. The powers that be are working on it. @rwwjr44 have you sent an email to Aurender yet? They are quite busy these days apparently but I believe they group similar issues together and solve them en masse. Bsinc had great results. Kudos to Aurender and in his case, Ayre, for all the support. 

I have no problems with my Aurender or the way Aurender handles reported problems. Their service is superb. I do have problems with the way information often gets distributed. It is a minor frustration to receive an update and not know what it entails because the aurender.com site isn't updated. It is a minor update to see information posted about an update and how to use it but not when/where it will be available. Thankfully @AriMargolis visits this thread and informs us.

47 minutes ago, Ponzi said:

Please excuse this question if already asked.  Should I be using the optical outputs in my N10 and if so what optical interconnection do you recommend?

I’ve had great luck with cheap ones that don’t weigh much. High end heavy ones cause the light to lose alignment in my experience. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Big thanks to Ari for patiently working with me and the SW Engineers to get my Aurender to finally play Native DSD with my Mytek Brooklyn DAC+. 
It took 3 or 4 attempts over a few days, but finally they got it working and I am now finally able to listen to the 4 DSD256 downloaded Albums I have. 
I’ll have to buy some more now!
I wonder if upsampling to DSD256 will be another future firmware upgrade ??  

On 5/16/2020 at 8:32 AM, wjt3 said:

Has anyone come up with a good way to back up their Aurender?? I have the ACS10 and use Mac/Apple computers

Thanks

I keep a copy of my music library connected to my iMac on an external drive.  I consider this the master since in my case I edit all metadata here as at times have done large scale complex batch operations using the computer.  I use the application Chronosync to update my Aurender when I make changes to the library master.  What is nice about a program like this as you can have it auto mount the Aurender drive(s) and unmount once syncs are made and also ignore things like macOS specific invisibles such as .DS_Store from being copied to the Aurender file system.  These are harmless if they are copied but prefer to keep it to just the music files.

Given the countless hours through a decade plus of curating my library I would be at a loss to lose it.  I therefore use a disaster resilient strategy to protect against loss.  The music library is backed up in-side house with Apple Time Machine to a Synology NAS.  This means within house at any one time I have a copy on Aurender, on disk connected to iMac, and in a backup on the NAS.  In addition I run monthly off-site backups to AWS Deep Glacier using the application Arq.  1TB per month on Deep Glacier is about $1/month so if the house would ever burn down I could get my library back after replacing the equipment.  Google Compute has a similar offering and you can use other cloud providers as well.

Cheers,

Carlin Smith

Carlin "Rick" Smith

Back up is great but don’t forget to save your playlists regularly also

2 Channel: Bricasti M20, 21 & M28 SE /Aurender N30SA and MC10 Master clock Treatments: Acoustical panels(F, S & R walls) Misc.: SR Master Fuses

Speakers: Martin Logan CLX ART (Dark Cherry) w/30# weights / 2-ML 212's 

Grounding: QKore 1&6 / Networking: SOtM switch, clock and Pwr Supply / AQ Diamond /SR Router Power: Furutech GTX-DNCF / Oyaide inwall  wire

Nordost: 2-QB8 III, QV2's, QK1's, QSine, QWave, QX4, TC Kones, Sort Fut & LIft / Full OG Loom / 3-QSource & 12-QPoints, QNet, V2 Network

Misc.: iPad 6 /Custom Rack  Media Rm: ML: 13A's, 2-Descent i's, 6- Vanquish, Focus / 3-Parasound A23 / Legacy iV-3 Ultra / 77" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM90 / Pioneer Elite DVD Nordost: Odin/T2/H2, BC Kones, H2 Network, V2 HDMI